PDA

View Full Version : Ezio's Family Tree - It Just Doesn't Add Up?

bsimcox
01-20-2010, 09:24 PM
So, this is what we know:

Ezio's great-great-grandfather, Domenico, built the Villa Auditore in 1290.
At this point Domenico had his son with him, so the LATEST Ezio's great-grandfather could have been born is also 1290.
Giovanni, Ezio's father, is born in 1436.

146 years between the birth of Ezio's great-grandfather & the birth of his father?!
Have I missed something here or have Ubi just not checked their numbers?

Lazybeans
01-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, several times Domenico was referred to as Ezio's great-grandfather, but apparently Shaun was using an incorrect family tree...so there's a chance that there could be another generation missing from there. Not like it's super-important to the story, really...technical details.

thebutcherhead
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
What's Wierd to me is how Dominico was born less than 100 years after Assassin's Creed 1, wierd how close he was to Altair in the family tree.

Brett_Master5
01-21-2010, 03:22 AM
No not weird really. That's two generations, three at most.

By the time of Altairs death, which I would guess 1240's(?) At least one of his son's was in Italy keeping watch over the Piece of Eden on Cyprus.

I also think that the developers got their dates mixed up. One of the inscriptions in the Auditore tomb says something about the troubles the Templars were having. I believe they said the date was early 1200's. However, by history the date that the Templars really had trouble was 1307. That was the year that King Phillip of France rounded up a good portion of the leadership held them in prison for 5 years before being set to the stake and burned for heresy.

Ureh
01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Did people have a long life expectancy during those times?

TheEpicWolf
01-21-2010, 10:16 AM
By the time of Altairs death, which I would guess 1240's(?)

If he died. I'm still interested in what happened to him after he wrote the last codex because it seemed like he was going to try and live longer by using the apple.

TwinIltani
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">By the time of Altairs death, which I would guess 1240's(?)

If he died. I'm still interested in what happened to him after he wrote the last codex because it seemed like he was going to try and live longer by using the apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, this. I wondered myself if the last codex page (specifically the "one last look won't hurt" part) is foreshadowing something.

ShadowriverUB
01-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by thebutcherhead:
What's Wierd to me is how Dominico was born less than 100 years after Assassin's Creed 1, wierd how close he was to Altair in the family tree.

Artair bloodline might came later generation after Domenico or Ezio and Altair are not related and bloodlines connected somewhere between 1500-2012... who knows maybe Altair grand grand daughter will be Ezio girlfriend http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

bsimcox
01-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Lazybeans:
Well, several times Domenico was referred to as Ezio's great-grandfather, but apparently Shaun was using an incorrect family tree...so there's a chance that there could be another generation missing from there. Not like it's super-important to the story, really...technical details.

You're right, it is only a technical detail, but these things bother me a little. All Ubi had to do was call Domenico Ezio's great-great-great-great grandfather & it would make sense, although admittedly that looks a little silly I guess.

Abeonis
01-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by bsimcox:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lazybeans:

You're right, it is only a technical detail, but these things bother me a little. All Ubi had to do was call Domenico Ezio's great-great-great-great grandfather & it would make sense, although admittedly that looks a little silly I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you wan't to be technical, it's common practice to shorten the title of ones great great grandfather, or further beyond merely as a great grandfather, purely for simplicity's sake and easiness.

bsimcox
01-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Ah yes you're right, I didn't think of that! Although great-great grandfather is used in the game, that could be the case (I hope it is infact).

thekyle0
01-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Brett_Master5:
By the time of Altairs death, which I would guess 1240's(?) At least one of his son's was in Italy keeping watch over the Piece of Eden on Cyprus. Do you realize that Cyprus is closer to Masyaf than it is to Italy?

Lazybeans
01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh, geography. I actually didn't expect Cyprus to be that close.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2867/mapbb.png

godsmack_darius
01-23-2010, 11:37 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif I bow down to this post above me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gamerxclutch
01-23-2010, 12:32 PM
you forgot the grandfather, you only said great grandfather

monkeyuncle8
01-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Really THIS is where you think Assassins creed isnt realistic

etizo has like 100 pound of gear on him and he can still run and climb up building

the skill he has would take about 75 years to learn

A GUN in the Renaissance

Jumping off a twenty story building and being saved by a bail of hay or flowers

Lazybeans
01-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
Really THIS is where you think Assassins creed isnt realistic

etizo has like 100 pound of gear on him and he can still run and climb up building

the skill he has would take about 75 years to learn

A GUN in the Renaissance

Jumping off a twenty story building and being saved by a bail of hay or flowers
Yeah...you just try not to think about it too much and just enjoy the game. It's supposed to be fiction anyway.

HOWEVER, there actually were guns in medieval and Renaissance times - but they were cumbersome, expensive, and rarely used, not at all like the tiny one used by Ezio. We could credit the (fictitious) contributions of Alta´r and da Vinci (who did draw up early plans for a submarine, among other things) for their genius with that.

(Edit: Click2Learn (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091214195513AAUAnEw))

monkeyuncle8
01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
well they went really guns they were cannons
and wouldn't that gun really hurt etizo's hand

btw something else that was wrong with the game is when Leonardo said that the guard or whatever give him bodies would be all wrong, because back then practicing with that kind of stuff will get you arrested

Gamers_ACE
01-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Lazybeans:
Oh, geography. I actually didn't expect Cyprus to be that close.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2867/mapbb.png am i the only one that noticed bologna is a city?

Crouching.Tiger
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
You think Ezio's family's messed up? Fransesco de' Pazzi is just ten years older than his son, now, that's weird!

stc038
01-29-2010, 01:12 AM
not that it matters but i thought i remember ezios uncle mario refering it as his(mario's) great-great-grandfather