PDA

View Full Version : Online missions? or just fragfest???

GMwrench
04-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi all, I'm still messing with this outstanding sim offline, and while the AI is troublesome at times, it provides great practice. I've been wanting to fly online. I have gone on a few times, but I'm looking for squad based team work. Years ago I flew WARBIRDS and some Air Warrior. I liked the idea of capturing airfields and bases in WARBIRDS. It was more that just kill or be killed. I used to fly bombers one night and fighters the next...great fun! Does this sim offer anything like that? or is it just groups fighters in a frag fest with the occasional bomber flying in with otto guns firing away?

BTW, I was looking at U.S. sites like VFA 25, VF17,VMF 124,VMF 214, etc... Or even land based squads.

gates123
04-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Look for FBD scripted servers in hyperlobby. IE. Historia (my favorite), birds of prey or Winds of war are all servers that provide good missions and teamwork.

faelas
04-29-2006, 12:39 PM
If more people would play on the Pacific War server, they would get to see some of the best online missions on any server. Winds of War missions are not really that good in most experienced pilot's opinion, Zekes vs Wildcats and Spits vs 109s missions are all slanted towards one side winning over the other, and Historia missions have some of the longest flight times to the fighting of any online server. Pacific War really has the best mix of professionally done, well balanced and interesting historical missions out there. It's only problem is that not enough people know about it.

GMwrench
04-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully this post will get some more guys in there...

sabotshooter88
04-29-2006, 01:48 PM
GM,
Check out http://mcvg-2.tidesofwar.net/

We're always looking for team players...Kinda like Rousch racing....