PDA

View Full Version : How do I fly the Pony online?

MS_Siwarrior
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Is there a special way to fly the mustang online?,
The only thing that i know is its usless as a BnZ

MS_Siwarrior
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
The only thing that i know is its usless as a BnZ

Cajun76
05-22-2005, 12:46 AM
It can BnZ, just don't "yank" the stick. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'd say it works better at Energy fighting, and is one of the most natural E fighters in the game. Any a/c can make use of E tactics and E fight, but the Mustang is very good.

25% fuel is all you need for your online dogfighting.

geetarman
05-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Start with alt and speed - you'll do well!

Atomic_Marten
05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
You see, that is not really the best option if you do not have experience with the game.

I say instead of concentrating on flying skills, concentrate on your shooting skills (on FW190 gunnery is fairly easy compared to P51s). If you master these, there wont be much need to perform any fancy combat maneuver. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif And that is true for all warplanes.

mynameisroland
05-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Stay fast , stay above opponents,be very gentle with manuvers at speeds above 600k, fire when target is at convergence range, do not turn fight and always use your superior speed and E keeping abilities to avoid the guys with the big 108 shells.

Mustang is an easy plane to survive in so long as you dont get caught slow and low.

horseback
05-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Stay fast and high, keep looking around, smooth control movements-it's a Cadillac, not a Porsche-and remember that .50s rarely give you an "intsta-kill", but they will disable fairly quickly. Strike, extend (high and fast, head on a swivel, remember?), evaluate and finish (if necessary).

cheers

horseback

mynameisroland
05-22-2005, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horseback:
Stay fast and high, keep looking around, smooth control movements-it's a Cadillac, not a Porsche-and remember that .50s rarely give you an "intsta-kill", but they will disable fairly quickly. Strike, extend (high and fast, head on a swivel, remember?), evaluate and finish (if necessary).

cheers

horseback </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

same time of post and pretty much same advice.

P51 is like the Fw 190 - Awesome if kept fast and you are a decent shot.

regards

Boemher

VW-IceFire
05-22-2005, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MS_Siwarrior:
The only thing that i know is its usless as a BnZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Uhhh...you know wrong. Mustang is in the top 3 of best BNZ planes around (FW190 and P-47 being the other two). All you have to do is be careful on the stick and not break the wing. I use a modified set of joystick settings to reduce the sensitivity until the very last.

Then you just use that fantastic gyro gunsight, place the piper on the manuevering target, and give him a squirt. If its a 109, aim for the engine. If its a Yak (for some strange reason), aim for the wings, etc.