PDA

View Full Version : Piece of Eden Nr. One ** CONSIDERABLE SPOILERS **

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Hello there everyone. This is my first topic here, so please, bare with me... I used the search function but honestly, I failed to find anything about it, even though I doubt I'm the only one who noticed it. Anyway, here it goes...

In the end of Brotherhood, we can all see Desmond holding the Apple of Eden, which I assume IS the one that Alta´r took from Al-Mualim, which was then brought to Rodrigo Borgia in Venice and intercepted by Ezio, stolen again by Cesare Borgia, recovered by Ezio - again - and then placed in Juno's Temple. If you had the time and patience to read thus far, I truly appreciate it. Now...

According to Lucy in the original Assassin's Creed, the templars had ALREADY found that same apple and it was destroyed during that experiment in Denver if I remember correctly. Before that, in the TRUTH sequences in AC2, we can see a couple of historical figures - I can't remember which ones exactly - holding that same Apple, wayyyyyy after 1507, which is the last we see from Ezio. Anyway, long story short, my question is:

If the Apple was destroyed in the accident Lucy mentioned to Desmond and before that, in the hands of GW, Ghandi or whatever, how the hell is it possible that it was ( apparently ) kept in Juno's temple, more than 500(!) years...?! Am I missing something here by any chance...?!

Again, TKS to everyone who had the patience and time to read thus far. Any input is appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ZCherub
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I believe the Truth video that was in ACII actually took place long before the events in ACI & ACII - it just appeared more modern because TOTCB were a more advanced form of being than mankind. W/ that being the case, the apple would have existed up until the time that it was destroyed in the Denver event, & it could very well have been in Juno's temple from 1503 to 2012.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ZCherub:
I believe the Truth video that was in ACII actually took place long before the events in ACI & ACII - it just appeared more modern because TOTCB were a more advanced form of being than mankind. W/ that being the case, the apple would have existed up until the time that it was destroyed in the Denver event, & it could very well have been in Juno's temple from 1503 to 2012.

Apologies if I fail to understand your point, but honestly, I fail to see how that explains the numerous historic figures who had the apple in their possession, as well as the accident who supposedly destroyed it, way before 2012.

PhiIs1618033
12-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
Hello there everyone. This is my first topic here, so please, bare with me... I used the search function but honestly, I failed to find anything about it, even though I doubt I'm the only one who noticed it. Anyway, here it goes...

In the end of Brotherhood, we can all see Desmond holding the Apple of Eden, which I assume IS the one that Alta´r took from Al-Mualim, which was then brought to Rodrigo Borgia in Venice and intercepted by Ezio, stolen again by Cesare Borgia, recovered by Ezio - again - and then placed in Juno's Temple. If you had the time and patience to read thus far, I truly appreciate it. Now...

According to Lucy in the original Assassin's Creed, the templars had ALREADY found that same apple and it was destroyed during that experiment in Denver if I remember correctly. Before that, in the TRUTH sequences in AC2, we can see a couple of historical figures - I can't remember which ones exactly - holding that same Apple, wayyyyyy after 1507, which is the last we see from Ezio. Anyway, long story short, my question is:

If the Apple was destroyed in the accident Lucy mentioned to Desmond and before that, in the hands of GW, Ghandi or whatever, how the hell is it possible that it was ( apparently ) kept in Juno's temple, more than 500(!) years...?! Am I missing something here by any chance...?!

Again, TKS to everyone who had the patience and time to read thus far. Any input is appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Most logical explanation would be that you didn't remember correctly. :P Maybe an apple was destroyed, but not THE apple.

ac4155
12-06-2010, 10:20 AM
there are 6 apples of eden and one is thought to be either lost or destroyed in space.

someone correct me if i'm wrong though.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Most logical explanation would be that you didn't remember correctly. :P Maybe an apple was destroyed, but not THE apple.

Possible, but then again, I checked the original AC and there's no doubt about it: Lucy says to Desmond that at that point, in 2012, the Apple had been destroyed by the templars in the accident i mentioned previously.

By that point, they already knew of the existence of more than one apple; Desmond even asks...

Do you mean there's more of those things...?!

And Lucy says..

Ohhh Desmond..!!! You have no idea...

Originally posted by ac4155:
there are 6 apples of eden and one is thought to be either lost or destroyed in space.

someone correct me if i'm wrong though.

True, but then again, I'm only refering to one in specific. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
12-06-2010, 10:25 AM

Simple, the apple that was destroyed wasn't the apple Altair and Ezio had.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

Simple, the apple that was destroyed wasn't the apple Altair and Ezio had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then that would contradict what Lucy says to Desmond in the original AC. Not only that, but it would contradict the whole TRUTH sequence in AC2 as well, storywise, since as I mentioned already, a considerable number of historic figures had that same apple in their possession, way after 1507.

breakdown89
12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
that couldn't have been possible though, as there are 6 apples of eden, with only one being destroyed in the denver incident.

Abeonis
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

Simple, the apple that was destroyed wasn't the apple Altair and Ezio had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the OP is correct. In AC, Lucy clearly says that the Apple destroyed in the DIA Accident was the same Apple as that possessed by Altair, Ezio, and now Desmond. ACB seems to have gone against that by having the Apple hidden within the Santa Maria Aracoeli Vault, so a retcon is needed.

Over at the ACWiki, we're going on the basis that there are at least six Apples, and that Lucy was simply misinformed when she said it was Altair's Apple destroyed in the DIA Accident.

F4H bandicoot
12-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Right, i seem to remember that at some point in one of the games, its is mentioned that the templars went to maysaf and recovered a peice of eden located there, this could have been another apple?
also, Lucy could have been lying to protect the truth

Geinref
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

But then that would contradict what Lucy says to Desmond in the original AC. Not only that, but it would contradict the whole TRUTH sequence in AC2 as well, storywise, since as I mentioned already, a considerable number of historic figures had that same apple in their possession, way after 1507. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand what your saying and it's true, how did those important figures have the apple if it was in juno's temple all this time!

The only thing i can think of is that altair's apple could of been a different one and not the NUMBER 1. I don't remember if they specified which apple he had but i know for a fact theres more then 4 apples.

One of the apples that blew up in denver could of also been another one, they also don't specify which number it was. Even though they say it was the "artifact from mysaf"

F4H bandicoot
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
According to the Ac wiki (yes i know), the first apple was destroyed at denver, whereas the main apple in the game is the sixth apple

LightRey
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by FernieG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

But then that would contradict what Lucy says to Desmond in the original AC. Not only that, but it would contradict the whole TRUTH sequence in AC2 as well, storywise, since as I mentioned already, a considerable number of historic figures had that same apple in their possession, way after 1507. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand what your saying and it's true, how did those important figures have the apple if it was in juno's temple all this time!

The only thing i can think of is that altair's apple could of been a different one and not the NUMBER 1. I don't remember if they specified which apple he had but i know for a fact theres more then 4 apples.

One of the apples that blew up in denver could of also been another one, they also don't specify which number it was. Even though they say it was the "artifact from mysaf" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:

Actually, the OP is correct. In AC, Lucy clearly says that the Apple destroyed in the DIA Accident was the same Apple as that possessed by Altair, Ezio, and now Desmond. ACB seems to have gone against that by having the Apple hidden within the Santa Maria Aracoeli Vault, so a retcon is needed.

Over at the ACWiki, we're going on the basis that there are at least six Apples, and that Lucy was simply misinformed when she said it was Altair's Apple destroyed in the DIA Accident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much for your input, since for a time there I was getting under the impression I got it totally wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

@bandicoot17 & FernieG:

Quite honestly, I don't remember Lucy mentioning that they went to Masyaf... Need to check AC lore some more I guess.

F4H bandicoot
12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Maybe im imagining it, but im pretty sure that at some point (in an email maybe) that is is either mentioned or allueded to that another peice was located at maysaf at some point

LightRey
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
hmmm... could be. I'll see what I can dig up.

F4H bandicoot
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Piece of Eden (no. 3) - We applaud your continued efforts to locate an alternate artifact following the loss of no.2 in the DIA Satellite Accident. We understand Subject Seventeen is having trouble interfacing with the Animus, leading to delays. As a result, we estimate another 24 hours before your next critical update. In the meantime, we'll prepare an extraction team and set them to standby. We're relying on you to obtain the additional information we require. He knows where the other objects are - even if he doesn't realize it. You MUST unlock that final memory or all of this will have been for nothing.

email from alan ricken to vidic, ends the argument really, we have number 6, number 2 was destroyed

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by bandicoot17:
Piece of Eden (no. 3) - We applaud your continued efforts to locate an alternate artifact following the loss of no.2 in the DIA Satellite Accident. We understand Subject Seventeen is having trouble interfacing with the Animus, leading to delays. As a result, we estimate another 24 hours before your next critical update. In the meantime, we'll prepare an extraction team and set them to standby. We're relying on you to obtain the additional information we require. He knows where the other objects are - even if he doesn't realize it. You MUST unlock that final memory or all of this will have been for nothing.

email from alan ricken to vidic, ends the argument really, we have number 6, number 2 was destroyed

Thank you very much for that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yet, that still doesn't explain the contradiction concerning the historic figures and such, unless we're supposed to take the whole TRUTH thing with a grain of salt or ( most likely thus far ) there's a sixth apple.

F4H bandicoot
12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:

Thank you very much for that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yet, that still doesn't explain the contradiction concerning the historic figures and such, unless we're supposed to take the whole TRUTH thing with a grain of salt or ( most likely thus far ) there's a sixth apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the truth was meant to be a very old memory, perhaps from around 10,000 bc? not after
ezio or altair

LightRey
12-06-2010, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:

Yet, that still doesn't explain the contradiction concerning the historic figures and such, unless we're supposed to take the whole TRUTH thing with a grain of salt or ( most likely thus far ) there's a sixth apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the truth was meant to be a very old memory, perhaps from around 10,000 bc? not after
ezio or altair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think he's talking about the video, but about the files you get to see while unlocking the pieces of video.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 11:06 AM

If you pay close attention to it, you can see many individuals, such as...

- Napoleon
- George Washington
- Joan D'Arc
- Nikolai Tesla
- Houdini

And others, using pieces of eden, including the Apple(s), the Shroud, the Sword and the Staff. If Desmond is holding PoE Nr. 1 by the end of Brotherhood, then at least part of the TRUTH sequence is not canon at all.

@LightRey:

Exactly right.

Avl521
12-06-2010, 11:25 AM

- Napoleon
- George Washington
- Joan D'Arc
- Nikolai Tesla
- Houdini

And others, using pieces of eden, including the Apple(s), the Shroud, the Sword and the Staff. If Desmond is holding PoE Nr. 1 by the end of Brotherhood, then at least part of the TRUTH sequence is not canon at all.

@LightRey:

Exactly right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not exactly, we can safely assume that the apple each of those historical figures were holding was one of the first 5 apples, it could even be that the piece of eden No.2 that was destroyed in the accident was held before by all of them, while the 6th apple was always in juno's vault.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:

- Napoleon
- George Washington
- Joan D'Arc
- Nikolai Tesla
- Houdini

@LightRey:

Exactly right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not exactly, we can safely assume that the apple each of those historical figures were holding was one of the first 5 apples, it could even be that the piece of eden No.2 that was destroyed in the accident was held before by all of them, while the 6th apple was always in juno's vault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree it's the most likely theory thus far... I hope the next game or even the DLC can shed some light on the subject, so we can clear all doubts.

Avl521
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Just to be clear since I'm not sure.
Is the DLC confirmed? has it been announced yet?

rocketxsurgeon
12-06-2010, 12:02 PM
There are 6 apples of Eden. Pieces of Eden we can assume there is at least 50. Subject 16 hints that the shroud is number 66. So we can't know for sure.

However in the French version of the game, Subject 16 says that the shroud is number 36, so the previous could be wrong.

One of the above posters mentioned that one of the apples has been hidden in the vault throughout history. The apples you see in hands such as Hitler and Gandhi, are the remaining apples and are not the apple that was in the vault.

The last person to touch the apple in Juno's vault was Ezio, before Desmond got to it.

There's one thing i don't entirely understand though. Hybrids such as Altair, Ezio, subject 16 and Desmond are supposed to be immune to the control pieces of Eden have on humans. (They lack the neurotransmitter that binds them to the piece of Eden). So how could Desmond do what he did at the end of brotherhood?

Unless the later isn't true, but i read somewhere hybrids can't be controlled by pieces of Eden, if someone could clarify or explain this to me I'd be grateful.

rocketxsurgeon
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
Just to be clear since I'm not sure.
Is the DLC confirmed? has it been announced yet?

There has been no DLC announced as of yet. Except the Advanced Alliance that will be downloadable for free in the next few weeks.

Geinref
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM

there we go! thanks for clearing that up!

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
There are 6 apples of Eden. Pieces of Eden we can assume there is at least 50. Subject 16 hints that the shroud is number 66. So we can't know for sure.

However in the French version of the game, Subject 16 says that the shroud is number 36, so the previous could be wrong.

One of the above posters mentioned that one of the apples has been hidden in the vault throughout history. The apples you see in hands such as Hitler and Gandhi, are the remaining apples and are not the apple that was in the vault.

The last person to touch the apple in Juno's vault was Ezio, before Desmond got to it.

There's one thing i don't entirely understand though. Hybrids such as Altair, Ezio, subject 16 and Desmond are supposed to be immune to the control pieces of Eden have on humans. (They lack the neurotransmitter that binds them to the piece of Eden). So how could Desmond do what he did at the end of brotherhood?

Unless the later isn't true, but i read somewhere hybrids can't be controlled by pieces of Eden, if someone could clarify or explain this to me I'd be grateful.

Correction: There's a theory that there are 6 APPLES of eden... The games thus far only show 5. There's a difference between FACT and THEORY, which is why I started this thread in the first place; Also, I'm fully aware of the Shroud being PoE nr. 66, but TKS nonetheless for bringing that to the table.

When it comes to what you've expressed doubt, if you pay close attention to the original AC and even Bloodlines, when Al-Mualim and Alta´r use the Apple of Eden to control others, these people follow blindly, like they were Zombies and appear to have no mind of their own; Desmond on the other hand, even though forced to attack Lucy tries to resist, both physically and mentally. Also, hybrids are not entirely immune to the Apple, since Al-Mualim was capable of presenting illusions to Alta´r, during their final confrontation.

In other words, I assume it comes down to one's ability to properly control the Pieces of Eden... I even wonder if by any chance they have a mind of their own so to speak.

rocketxsurgeon
12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:

Correction: There's a theory that there are 6 APPLES of eden... The games thus far only show 5. There's a difference between FACT and THEORY, which is why I started this thread in the first place; Also, I'm fully aware of the Shroud being PoE nr. 66, but TKS nonetheless for bringing that to the table.

When it comes to what you've expressed doubt, if you pay close attention to the original AC and even Bloodlines, when Al-Mualim and Alta´r use the Apple of Eden to control others, these people follow blindly, like they were Zombies and appear to have no mind of their own; Desmond on the other hand, even though forced to attack Lucy tries to resist, both physically and mentally. Also, hybrids are not entirely immune to the Apple, since Al-Mualim was capable of presenting illusions to Alta´r, during their final confrontation.

In other words, I assume it comes down to one's ability to properly control the Pieces of Eden... I even wonder if by any chance they have a mind of their own so to speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh right, thank you for the clarification. I know that if one tried to fully control a PoE's power, it can take away their sanity.

But thanks you for clearing that up for me, much appreciated ^_^

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:

In other words, I assume it comes down to one's ability to properly control the Pieces of Eden... I even wonder if by any chance they have a mind of their own so to speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh right, thank you for the clarification. I know that if one tried to fully control a PoE's power, it can take away their sanity.

But thanks you for clearing that up for me, much appreciated ^_^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, I'm not sure about that, but there's this character in the Project Legacy and upon the moment said character tried to use one of the PoE, well... Let us just say that there was some unforseen side effects to say the least. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PhiIs1618033
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Basically, it's like this:
Mind****, no.
Body control, yes.

Altair didn't get fooled by Al Mualim's illusions, but got held with the PoE. Same for Ezio, same for Desmond.

breakdown89
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM
yep, physically a hybrid can be controlled by a peice of eden, but not mentally.

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Mind****, no.
Body control, yes.

Altair didn't get fooled by Al Mualim's illusions, but got held with the PoE. Same for Ezio, same for Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And on top of that it's only a theory.

X10J
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Mind****, no.
Body control, yes.

Altair didn't get fooled by Al Mualim's illusions, but got held with the PoE. Same for Ezio, same for Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the illusion they're talking about is altair dying at the hands of Al Mualim.

LaCava1
12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
6 Apples of Eden. In "The Tuth" it is Adam and Eve, way back in time. Even in the video, the beginning says "Classified BCE". BCE="Before Common Era". It's basically anything before Jesus Christ.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
6 Apples of Eden. In "The Tuth" it is Adam and Eve, way back in time. Even in the video, the beginning says "Classified BCE". BCE="Before Common Era". It's basically anything before Jesus Christ.

Errrr... What are you talking about and how is it relevant to what is being discussed here...?! Just curious here.

TwentyGlyphs
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
This has been bothering me a lot as well, and I've even replayed all The Truth files from AC2 and ACB to look for clues. My analysis is going to be a little long, so bear with me.

The clues from AC1 that are most relevant are the email posted earlier and Lucy's conversation with Desmond about the DIA (Denver International Airport) incident and why they can't just go to Masyaf and recover the apple. The email mentions that Piece of Eden (no. 2) was lost and Abstergo is looking for no. 3, with an extraction team on standby. Desmond's conversation with Lucy about the apple is as follows:

DESMOND: It's looking like it's at Masyaf, so I don't know why they're wasting all this time with me. Why don't they just send their people to pick it up?
LUCY: They can't, it's not that simple. The artifact from Masyaf -- they had it. It was destroyed in the accident.
DESMOND: Then what are they hoping for me -- for my ancestor -- to tell them?
LUCY: They're hoping he'll show them where the other ones are.
DESMOND: You mean there's more than one of these things?
LUCY: Oh Desmond, you have no idea.

At the end of AC1 when Abstergo sees the map, Warren Vidic is asked how many and says at least half a dozen. He also mentions that they can't all still be working. The mystery voice says they'll dispatch teams to each site and determine viability, but that they only need one.

Here's my timeline of the 5 apples mentioned in the Truth files in AC2:

Piece of Eden 1 - Apple
* Emperor Napoleon I of France - 1812
* Houdini, United States - 1913
* Unknown JFK assassination conspirator, United States - 1963

Piece of Eden 2 - Apple
* Queen Elizabeth I of England - 1559
* Gandhi, India - 1930
* Driver, JFK assassination, United States - 1963

Piece of Eden 3 - Apple
* George Washington, United States - 1781
* Franklin D. Roosevelt, United States - 1944
* JFK, United States - 1963
* Grabbed by JFK's driver - 1963

Piece of Eden 4 - Apple
* First Pictorial Representation of a Gun (Eastern artwork) - 900
* Nikola Tesla, United States (Discovered in Croatia) - c. 1900
* Thomas Edison, United States - c. 1902
* Henry Ford, United States - Early 1900s
* Hitler, Europe - 1930s
* Assassins? - 1944

Piece of Eden 5 - Apple
* Located on the Moon by Apollo 11 under Templar + Abstergo banner

The interesting notes are that PE1 and PE2 were both stolen from their owners Houdini and Gandhi, then used to steal PE3 from JFK. This is detailed in a letter in the Hat-Trick puzzle in AC2. PE3 must have been passed down to each United States President, or passed along as the means to get elected President. PE4 was used by Hitler, and it's alluded that Hitler's double dies in the bunker in 1944, but Hitler himself is killed by the Assassins, meaning they likely have PE4.

Based on all this, it really does look like the apple possessed by Altair, Ezio and Desmond is none of these and possibly Piece of Eden 6.

Something that's occurred to me about the Abstergo email is that they refer to the Piece of Eden they're searching for as "Piece of Eden (no. 3)." But in the Templar letters from the Truth in AC2 they refer to them as "PE1" or "PE2," etc. In the puzzles that identify Pieces of Eden, they're simply called "Piece of Eden 1" or "Piece of Eden 2." I think this inconsistency is intentional. From the other conversations and clues, they're obviously not looking for one specific apple, just a map to help them locate as many apples as they can to find one working one. So they're not looking for Piece of Eden 3, or PE3, but they're looking for a third Piece of Eden. It's possible that both the first and second pieces they've tried for the satellite have failed for some reason, so now they're searching for a third one to try.

None of this can address Lucy saying that Abstergo had the POE from Masyaf when we see that one go to Cyprus, then eventually get hidden under Rome until 2012. Could be a mistake or lie on her part, but that would be a cop-out. Something else bothering me is why did the Denver apple cause such a disaster? And why does Abstergo think getting one more working apple will fix things?

My theory is that perhaps when Minerva touched or scanned Ezio's apple in AC2, maybe she was sabotaging it for future use at DIA. Since the ending of ACB was so vague about Ezio putting the apple under the Colosseum, perhaps the apple led him to find another apple and to hide the sabotaged apple in Masyaf. Or maybe he finds another apple to leave in Masyaf and hides the one we've already seen in Rome. This could be the main story reason for the Lost Legacy game coming for the Nintendo 3DS in 2011, in which Ezio sets out to find Masyaf.

The other mystery is that the Templars appear to have PE1, PE2, PE3, and PE5 (from the Moon) by the year 1969. What happened to these that they now need to find more so desperately? Have they deemed them too important to give up for the satellite and need to keep them for their existing use in keeping control? Or has something happened to all of them?

LightRey
12-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the Denver accident was caused by the assassins sabotaging the templar's plans, causing the apple to trigger the accident.

TwentyGlyphs
12-06-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the Denver accident was caused by the assassins sabotaging the templar's plans, causing the apple to trigger the accident.

Yeah, I've heard this too and it's very likely. But has there been any evidence that they were behind it? Not that there's any for my theory, I'm just trying to come to an understanding.

Edit: I guess there's the point that it appears Shaun was at the Denver incident and wrote that email to Abstergo. But I've never been able to figure out if he was an Assassin before the incident or after.

Avl521
12-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure about what I'm gonna say, but if I remember correctly the apple that was destroyed due to an assassin attack was the one that caused the Tunguska Incident. I believe it was Tesla? I can't remember for sure, but I do remember the Tunguska explosion was caused by an assassin attack.

Now we do know the PE2 was destroyed in the DIA, according to an e-mail in AC1 the apple opened an everyone started killing each other.

Also, Ezio's Apple... well... the main Apple seems to be more important than the others... is it possible that the main apple in the game has been from Adam & Eve? we know it has been in the ark of the covenant, then in Alta´r's hands, then went to be hidden in Cyprus, then when templars found it Ezio stole it from them, he showed it to Minerva who "touched" it, then he lost it to Cesare Borgia, retrieved it, placed it on Juno's temple and the apple stayed there until Desmond found it.

That's what I think, since I don't think anyone was able to find the apple after Ezio hid it in Juno's temple.

TwentyGlyphs
12-06-2010, 07:04 PM
The Staff of Eden was destroyed by the Assassins in the Tunguska Event. I've wondered if Adam and Eve's apple is the same one that Altair ended up with because it was found with the Ark of the Covenant and there might be a connection. However, based on another Truth file, Cain murdered Abel for his Piece of Eden, which was an apple. This is likely the same one Adam and Eve took, and the Truth files indicate that Cain was the first Templar. Of course, the same apple could have found its way to the Hebrews somehow.

After brushing up on some history, I have a feeling that Napoleon will find his apple when he travels to Egypt in the campaign that discovered the Rosetta Stone. Not long after this, he became Emperor of France. Since AC3 is likely set during this time, Napoleon would make a great main villain. His death in real life was even suspicious enough to work into this story.

As an aside, the other interesting bit about Cain is the Truth file quotes from the Book of Mormon that have Cain meeting with Satan before he kills Abel. The serpent hasn't been mentioned yet, but the Garden of Eden paintings in the Truth have shown him there. It seems that the serpent might have had some role to play in creating the Templars and setting them against the Assassins and First Civilization. Wonder if he's even the Father of Understanding?

DecanDK
12-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Correct on the destruction of the Apple.
If Juno and her people wasn't able to destroy it, with their technology,
how the hell should we destroy it? :P

Anyway, i have a different theory.
If you watch the truth from AC2,
they run past some metal workers, making an Apple.
A few seconds after, they are on the roof, holding an apple?
Is there 2 apples?
We already know there are more "peaceS of eden"
The staff, the sword, and the apple.
But where there more to the puzzle? :P

Awe1
12-06-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm not positive but I think there are multiple apples, because I remember in some of the truth puzzles it shows the apple and it's named POE #4 and in others it shows the apple and says POE #5.

Also in other puzzles it shows the apple in places like the moon which, if I'm not mistaken, would be pretty hard to retrieve.

X10J
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
There are multiple Apples. Did people realy not know this? I thought it was obvious.

Scotty056
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Anyone else feel like all the PoE's together would be something similar to the stories of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil? Just saying, kinda fits. I'm the bible when Adam and Ee ate the Apple, they were cast out by god. The Apple of Eden is similar in that when Adam and Eve had it, they sort of had control. And their having it angered the "Gods".

Just a thought

X10J
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Yea, I think thats the point. In AC our stories of Adam and Eve being kicked from the garden is inspired by "The Truth."

Other similarities include: Their names are Adam and Eve, they're from Eden, they leave Eden, and an Apple of Eden is involved.

Scotty056
12-06-2010, 10:03 PM
So the idea of a tree of sorts might be plausible?

obliviondoll
12-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Don't see anyone else mentioning it, so I'll throw this out there.

In Brotherhood, when you're holding the apple, I'm pretty sure it's larger than the apple you see Al Mualim holding in AC1.

Different apples may be different sizes?

Which confirms the apple Ezio has is different to the one Altair had?

X10J
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Scotty056:
So the idea of a tree of sorts might be plausible?

I doubt it, maybe a production facillity.

The Apple(fruit) is probably a false interpretation of the Apple(PoE). And since apples come from trees, that bit got thrown in there to try to explain where the Apple came from.

Either that, or they similarly replaced "the production facillity" with "the tree of knowledge."

LightRey
12-07-2010, 12:02 AM
I just want to check something. You're all aware that Eden's most likely in Africa, right? since in the truth video you can see a mountain that very much resembles Mt. Kilimanjaro (not to mention the fact that humans are supposed to have come from Africa originally).
oh also, didn't Tesla also have an apple when he died? I think the templars stole it from him.

F4H bandicoot
12-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I just want to check something. You're all aware that Eden's most likely in Africa, right? since in the truth video you can see a mountain that very much resembles Mt. Kilimanjaro (not to mention the fact that humans are supposed to have come from Africa originally).
oh also, didn't Tesla also have an apple when he died? I think the templars stole it from him.

Lightrey: you read the ' what are peices of eden?' thread yet?? myself and a few others proposed some pretty good ideas to do with this.

for everyone else. basically the theory goes a bit like this, there is more than one 'eden', the home of the super advanced race has always been atlantis. Atlantis disspeared under the sea, the only continent that could have dissapeared under the sea in the past 20,000 years is Antarctica. Antarctica is home for TOWCB

back on topic, there is a possibility of 6 apples now, the 2nd apple is destroyed, 2 could be in assassins control, the others are probably in templar control