PDA

View Full Version : Flying as a wingman

Tropical_Storm
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi all! Im a newcomer to this game and have some doubts...

I know that it doesnt matters too much for the gameplay, but there is something that is really anoying me: when flying in the low ranks, I start as a wingman. Ok. What should I do? Just follow the leader, even in the dogfights? Everytime I try to change my course or engage someone I hear the voice: "What the hell? Stay on course!" Even if I have a fighter on my 6, and even when Im damaged and trying to fly back to base! Is this a bug of the game or am I supose to really just follow the guy in front of me, whatever is going on around?

Cheers

Bremspropeller
07-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Ignore it and continue with your intentions.

Being a good wingman to the AI is truly impossible because of performance-differences between AI and player-controlled a/c.

Zeus-cat
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
As Bremspropeller has said you should ignore the leader yelling at you; he is an idiot.

mike_espo
07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Yes. Incredibly annoying. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif When I play campaign mode, I start at high rank, major or colonel. Makes the game more realistic as it is ridiculous to be commanded by AI.

RockyAlexander
07-29-2008, 11:58 PM
I removed the whole "What the Hell? Stay with your leader," etc sound files. It grates on the nerves after awhile.

lesterhawksby
07-30-2008, 02:51 AM
RockyAlexander - that's a good suggestion! I'd been wondering if there was any kind of hack to get rid of that "what the hell". Thank you.

Wildnoob
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I learn how to fly in formation with AI.

but never try with real players to see if is more easy or not.

Tully__
07-31-2008, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Wildnoob:
I learn how to fly in formation with AI.

but never try with real players to see if is more easy or not.
It's harder because real players don't fly exactly straight and level between waypoints, their flight direction and altitude always varies a bit.
It's easier because their aircraft has the same limitations as your does and they can't ignore overheating during climb or pursuit.

KrashanTopolova
07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I believe the game(in-game)expects you to stay with the leader on the first pass. You will find it useful as a beginner to do this because you don't have the in-game sight that the leader does. This means that if you stay with your leader on the first pass you usually avoid being eliminated sometimes very quickly if you have Ace settings on.

I personally would'nt want to go Online without TrackIR.

BWaltteri
08-01-2008, 07:34 AM
If I'm the wingman I'll switch the radio frequency to the enemy when the battle begins. It also usually reveals did I hit them enough well.

DKoor
08-01-2008, 07:43 AM
For me flying a formation, wingman, is one of the nicest aspects of the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . Not to Ai of course, as I lost them in their funny spiral vertical dives all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .