PDA

View Full Version : Please help - multiplayer issue

Ninjam0ves
03-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey Everyone.

I got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood to PC 2 days ago, and I haven't been able to play multiplayer yet. Every time I try to click into the multiplayer menu, it tries to launch and load it, but its always the same. It comes up with a notification:

"Connection to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood server lost. The game will now exit."

It starts to me off, as I only brought the game for the multiplayer.

Please someone help.

Thanks in advance.

//Ninjam0ves

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Dessessin
03-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Same problem. Need help!

rvn340
03-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Same problem. Can't find a proper fix anywhere!
Please look into this! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

JozefKavecansky
03-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Same problem. I am behind router and I dont have acces to set ports on it. Do you think that router might be that problem?

Cycore7
03-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Same problem here. Been trying to open this 'port 1000' all afternoon but with no luck. Shouldn't have to do all this messing around after buying a product, especially when it was late (steam).

Not impressed Ubisoft :/

Ninjam0ves
03-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Please let me know if any of you find a solution to the problem.

Thank you.

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Yep, similar issue here. Can't get into a single multiplayer game (it just searches for eternity and never comes up with any matches or players - highly unlikely..).

I too bought this purely for the multiplayer, so it's a bit of pig that it isn't working!!

DevotedDex
03-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I use more time getting into a game then spend playing, got only 26 minutes of games played and I've tried for hours, hours... it's just two games I got thru without any disconnects, but hello. Two games after trying for 4 hours :s eh!

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Please make sure that you have read the 'Readme.txt' file in the games install folder - that contains important info on what port needed opening to make sure the game is able to connect.

I know you guys may have already done that, but just in case a few haven't..

Can I please take a moment to remind people that these forums are not a direct replacement for Ubisoft Support - they were created to offer a place for members to share solutions to minor problems.

If your having major game breaking issues, or connection problems, you should always contact Ubisoft Support first.

You can contact Support in a number of way - most are listed in the game's manual, but you can also do so online, via my signature.

Please remember to reply to all emails from them, by updating your ticket once you have opened one.

Also please allow upto 48 hours for the first reply.

Reporting issues directly to support is very important, since it can help speed up the process of finding a solution and also helps the Dev Team track the issue.

JozefKavecansky
03-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JozefKavecansky:
Same problem. I am behind router and I dont have acces to set ports on it. Do you think that router might be that problem?

Problem solved by allowing port 1000 in router and firewall

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JozefKavecansky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JozefKavecansky:

Problem solved by allowing port 1000 in router and firewall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Glad it solved your issue.

I suggest everyone else try's it and sees how they go.

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Opened that port and still no luck. Doesn't find any other players.. Please help!

NeonAnderson
03-19-2011, 03:22 PM
the mp works for me, but I live in England.

I have some friends in Belgium (two to be exact that have ACB on PC) and both of them can't play and have the same internet provider...

Steam forums link to the thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21345343#post21345343)

Just posting this here for any Belgians here who are also having issues and have Telenet. I told them both to also contact Telenet and Ubisoft support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

and yes they also tried opening the ports. While of course everyone should definitely try opening their ports before posting here! It sadly didn't solve it for them

izomaxer
03-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by NeonAnderson:
the mp works for me, but I live in England.

I have some friends in Belgium (two to be exact that have ACB on PC) and both of them can't play and have the same internet provider...

Steam forums link to the thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21345343#post21345343)

Just posting this here for any Belgians here who are also having issues and have Telenet. I told them both to also contact Telenet and Ubisoft support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

and yes they also tried opening the ports. While of course everyone should definitely try opening their ports before posting here! It sadly didn't solve it for them
I'm a belgium player myself and also have Telenet ,acording to some other threads i have being told the servers are overloaded but i'm not sure could a manager confirm this please?

GardnerPL
03-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Reading this topic makes me think how come the MP works for some people and for others doesn't. I live in Poland and I had problems with MP just in the beginning (got the pre-order 3 days before release), but I play it regularly and no problem with joining matches, but I read on the store (where I bought my Codex Edition) forums that some people have issue with joining multiplayer sessions.

RealMork
03-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Opened the ports - Still not working

This needs to be looked at

ForceflowBE
03-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I've tried this already, no dice:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Added rules to Windows firewall / disabling firewall completely
<LI>Setup port forwarding on port 1000 and 27015 on my router, TCP & UDP traffic
<LI>Verifying ACB game cache
<LI>Reinstalling Ubisoft Game Launcher
<LI>Enabling Universal Plug And Play (UPnP)
[/list]

luvhim3chan
03-19-2011, 09:59 PM
i cant even log in..how to solve this problem?

JozefKavecansky
03-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JozefKavecansky:

Problem solved by allowing port 1000 in router and firewall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Glad it solved your issue.

I suggest everyone else try's it and sees how they go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad too, but it doesnt solve everithing. I have problem with connecting to sessions. I spend 1 hour trying to joing game but no success. Is there some other ports that work with AC:B Multiplayer that I should allow? Because I can not play even with my friend living across the street. BTW he has same provider.

paziek
03-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by jbaert:
I've tried this already, no dice:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Added rules to Windows firewall / disabling firewall completely
<LI>Setup port forwarding on port 1000 and 27015 on my router, TCP & UDP traffic
<LI>Verifying ACB game cache
<LI>Reinstalling Ubisoft Game Launcher
<LI>Enabling Universal Plug And Play (UPnP)
[/list] Forwarding port and UPnP won't help at all if you are behind NAT from your ISP. You need public IP to get any effect from those. I have that port forwarded AND I have public IP... while I can play MP - its still taking very long to get at least 6 people into session. Very poor decision by Ubisoft to choose P2P for hosting, especially now that IPv4 address pool is nearing its end and more and more ISP are deploying NAT, with is pretty much firewalling you from outside traffic with no way out, other than pricy VPN.

I'm sad panda.

xxBreezzzxx
03-20-2011, 11:37 AM
im from belgium to and cant play online since day 1."Connection to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood server lost. The game will now exit."

Spacebrainer
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I have the same problem. I have Windows 7 64-bit (may that be a cause?), am a Telenet client and have tried up all the ports as suggested on the UBI support pages ! Opened both on router and on Windows Firewall. Nothing works.
By the way, UBI, shame shame...languages in Belgium are "Dutch" and "French". Someone of your colleagues must have thought that "Dutch" = "Deutsch" = German :-)) and so now there is "Belgium (Deutsch)" and no Dutch support page...

CAFS_ZeapZ
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by turpsno1:
Same problem here. Been trying to open this 'port 1000' all afternoon but with no luck. Shouldn't have to do all this messing around after buying a product, especially when it was late (steam).

Not impressed Ubisoft :/ Try shut down the Windows firewall