PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed 2 Multiplayer?

Ps3Ownzu1243
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
i was just wondering if AC2 would have multiplayer. it would be awesome to verse against your friends online and even with 2 controllers at your own home http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. and also, why didnt AC1 have multiplayer?

etseiotheasasen
07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Ps3Ownzu1243:
i was just wondering if AC2 would have multiplayer. it would be awesome to verse against your friends online and even with 2 controllers at your own home http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. and also, why didnt AC1 have multiplayer?

mutliplayer soun gud not tho if u no have 2 controller. 1 ws too depth sooooooo.............. :|

etseiotheasasen
07-16-2009, 08:35 PM
an ps3 not "ownz" me haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EmperorxZurg
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
AC2 is supposed to have live, we're not sure yet, and AC1 didn't cause it was supposed to be like an awesome one-player game. the multiplayer wouldn't have made sense.
*cough* go xbox *cough*
and etsio please dont double post, just use the edit button at the bottom of ur post, looks like a pencil eraser on a folder

ThePheonix1030
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
No multiplayer. NO!

The single-player is good enough.

EmperorxZurg
07-16-2009, 09:13 PM
didn't they confirm there was going to be one of some sort phoenix?

ThePheonix1030
07-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes, unfortunately. I would be happy without it, though.

Ps3Ownzu1243
07-16-2009, 09:37 PM
lol would be cool with multiplayer though. like with 7 players kinda like halo :P

Ps3Ownzu1243
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
for example, duel mode. where you can verse your friends. but there can be more than 2 people duelling. and free for all. a kind of anyone versus anyone you know? and team mode, kind of like theres 3 players on one team and 3 on the other. XD

Ps3Ownzu1243
07-16-2009, 09:41 PM
ooh i just came up with another one. co op. with split screen XD missions with your friends :P

EmperorxZurg
07-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I would really only want co-op maybe

Danvish
07-17-2009, 12:21 AM
There's already a thread for Multiplayer, why opening another one?

And PS3, please don't triple post -.-

obliviondoll
07-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Surprised this isn't locked yet. Search next time? I think there's still one of these on the first page.

Will say my piece anyway.

No online PvP. Lag + timing-based combat system = bad idea.

Single-system arena-stlye combat, maybe. I've heard others disagree, but I think it's a good idea.

Co-op, or non-combat competitive events, could be done online.

First priority for AC should ALWAYS be the single-player experience though. If it's not perfect, don't bother adding multiplayer.

Also, I have only heard they're thinking of putting multiplayer in, no confirmation either way as yet.

Danvish
07-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Surprised this isn't locked yet. Search next time? I think there's still one of these on the first page.

Will say my piece anyway.

No online PvP. Lag + timing-based combat system = bad idea.

Single-system arena-stlye combat, maybe. I've heard others disagree, but I think it's a good idea.

Co-op, or non-combat competitive events, could be done online.

First priority for AC should ALWAYS be the single-player experience though. If it's not perfect, don't bother adding multiplayer.

Also, I have only heard they're thinking of putting multiplayer in, no confirmation either way as yet.

Couldn't agree more with the part about AC is first and formost a single-player game.

lryder65
10-01-2009, 08:20 PM
actually when a reporter asked the issue of multiplayer ubisoft tried to change the subject, but after like an hour of pressing the issue the ubisoft snickered and said "we dont want to discuss that YET"....so u can expect a multiplayer if that means anything http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
and later it was stated that there was none because they wanted to focus on a SUPERB campaign, there is no multi-player, this place is creepy, such a necrohttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif*looks around to see if there are any zombies*

the amolang
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
why do such old threads have to be revived? gosh this is annoying. especially because you didn't research the topic enough. THERE WILL BE NO MULTIPLAYER. unless Ubisoft decides last minute to add it in... so lets let it die okay?

banner420
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
and if there was i think it would be kinda dumb and i dont think id ever play it online..maybe co op if they had some special missions but i doubt it and if they threw it in last minute it would probly be cheap

An_Idea
10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
yea. id still play it tho. i got a free month of live for my console red-ringing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tapout395
10-01-2009, 09:57 PM
nice

banner420
10-01-2009, 09:59 PM
they shouldve gaiven you a whole year..thats another reason i like pstriple better bcus you can play with friends for free

An_Idea
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
yeah i guess. i have a wii too XD conduit ftw. but yeah free online is a nice feature. i just like the controller better. and when i got mine there were no trophies and PS3's were just comin out. for $600 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

banner420
10-01-2009, 11:06 PM
yea that was crazy i got mine like a couple months ago for 400 of my hard working dollars lol plus all the other stuff i got for the ps3

FROGGEman2
10-02-2009, 01:04 AM
All I want is what GTA4/Saints Row 2 has. Multiple players in one city, messing around, helping each other on missions.

~EDIT~

Wait why has this not been locked yet?

ClassifiedxIntel
10-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by FROGGEman2:
All I want is what GTA4/Saints Row 2 has. Multiple players in one city, messing around, helping each other on missions.

~EDIT~

Wait why has this not been locked yet?

I agree 100%

kakashi560
10-04-2009, 01:50 AM
multiplayer ruins good single player games. like Uncharted 2 should of never had multiplayer. for one it makes the game look really crappy and two single player games give ppl without internet a chance to have fun with there games too.

Cpt_Yanni
10-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by kakashi560:
multiplayer ruins good single player games. like Uncharted 2 should of never had multiplayer. for one it makes the game look really crappy and two single player games give ppl without internet a chance to have fun with there games too.

Lol how can you know that? Did you already play the singleplayer of uncharted 2? I guess not... Next to that, the multiplayer fits perfectly in uncharted 2 and the singleplayer will still maintain the same level or an higher level than uncharted 1.

kakashi560
10-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kakashi560:

Lol how can you know that? Did you already play the singleplayer of uncharted 2? I guess not... Next to that, the multiplayer fits perfectly in uncharted 2 and the singleplayer will still maintain the same level or an higher level than uncharted 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> lol i didnt play the uncharted 2 single player i was simply using it as an example of how a great single player game can be turned into a multiplayer game meaning less time away from single player development looking back at what i said i worded it wrong and how do you know it will maintain the same level the same or higher level. have you played it??

Cpt_Yanni
10-04-2009, 05:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kakashi560:

Lol how can you know that? Did you already play the singleplayer of uncharted 2? I guess not... Next to that, the multiplayer fits perfectly in uncharted 2 and the singleplayer will still maintain the same level or an higher level than uncharted 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> lol i didnt play the uncharted 2 single player i was simply using it as an example of how a great single player game can be turned into a multiplayer game meaning less time away from single player development looking back at what i said i worded it wrong and how do you know it will maintain the same level the same or higher level. have you played it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I've played it and at this moment I'm still playing it...

Victoroos
10-05-2009, 10:04 AM
And what do you think about this idea.

You start as an assassin clan. And you have different tasks, given you by::; davinci or something.
After completing the missions (like stealth assassanate , pickpocket etc...) The whole clan (must nnot be to big), is giong to assassinate the main target. But everyone has his own part to play. Like 3/4 can do the fight after the kill.( the get free ranking) 2/3 can do the archers part.(make the path free ranking)
And 1/2 can do the (oh god how do you call that in english, ehm(in dutch it's afleiding) disturbans, or something like that)(the here I'm ranking)

And one can do the kill. he's the master assassins ranking. But you have to earn those rankings, by completing succesfully your job that was given to you. Yooucan chose at the begining out every ranking, exept assassins. And so you climb op to the top.
oow. wait
new idea.
You start as a thieve, and goes op to the top (girls can be the oder one (how do you call that))

I hope that this is a little idea??

Cheers

victor

ps: Just tell me what you think about it.
If you prefer, you can mail me/ pm(if possible)I will give here my mail adres

AssassinzBlade
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
AC1 was supposed to be all about the storyline. Ofcourse, there are lots of stupid people these days that just blindly play the game and never get into the game because they don't understand it at all >.>

kakashi560
10-05-2009, 11:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:

Lol how can you know that? Did you already play the singleplayer of uncharted 2? I guess not... Next to that, the multiplayer fits perfectly in uncharted 2 and the singleplayer will still maintain the same level or an higher level than uncharted 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> lol i didnt play the uncharted 2 single player i was simply using it as an example of how a great single player game can be turned into a multiplayer game meaning less time away from single player development looking back at what i said i worded it wrong and how do you know it will maintain the same level the same or higher level. have you played it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I've played it and at this moment I'm still playing it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> how can you play it there is no single player demo. back to the point i dont think AC2 will have multiplayer

Cpt_Yanni
10-06-2009, 12:29 AM
how can you play it there is no single player demo. back to the point i dont think AC2 will have multiplayer

I'm playing the "review" disc...And back to the point; I agree with kakashi, I also think that there won't be a multiplayer ...

kakashi560
10-06-2009, 01:06 AM
how can you play it there is no single player demo. back to the point i dont think AC2 will have multiplayer

I'm playing the "review" disc...And back to the point; I agree with kakashi, I also think that there won't be a multiplayer ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> what is a review disc...how do you get it?

killermoneytree
10-06-2009, 02:05 AM
unless you are gonna put two people against eachother in an arena or something ... on the same console cause of lag. cause if you put two people against eachother in the open world what are they gonna do? i mean you can keep on running away from whoevers killing you if your losing and since you both go the same speed....you get the idea. maybe put 2 team together? 1 team in a fortress or somewhere defendible and the other team attacks and tris to kill the leader? i know this type of team deathmatch has been done before but i think it would be intresting to see how the attacking team enters the other teams base.....like drop from the sky or something...

Br0n0
10-06-2009, 03:10 AM
i think it would be great if it it had some type of online feature, but multiplayer modes such as cature the flag, assassinste target first and free for all is just asking to much for this game, maybe the next game as it might be more modern depending what time it is set in.

EmperorxZurg
10-06-2009, 07:58 AM
you all know Ubi said they are certainly NOT doing online multiplayer righthttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Victoroos
10-06-2009, 08:38 AM
and what about my idea?

EmperorxZurg
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
then it would ruin it when u play solo or with fewer than 4 because the devs would have to try and make it so one person CAN'T go in and do it himself because then the others wouldn't have to do anything

Eckerr
10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I heard from an inside Ubisoft source that there WILL be multiplayer and DLC...

NuclearFuss
10-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Eckerr:
I heard from an inside Ubisoft source that there WILL be multiplayer and DLC...

Hmm hmm... of course you did. Tell you what,give some credible proof and maybe people will believe you, because as far as I can tell we aren't THAT gullible

Eckerr
10-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I've got a video, where he hints at it. But it is in Dutch... Anyway:
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OSJxlbfhXU)
The one about the multiplayer is the first question, the one about DLC is the second

hemza0076
10-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I've got a video, where he hints at it. But it is in Dutch... Anyway:
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OSJxlbfhXU)
The one about the multiplayer is the first question, the one about DLC is the second

huh i dont hear him hinting.

NuclearFuss
10-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Face it people, AC2 won't have multiplayer because why would Ubisoft leave it this late to tell us? Think about it.

Eckerr
10-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Do you speak Dutch/Flemish?
Ok, I have to admit, he just says that "he can't say anything about multiplayer at the moment". But for me is that the same as saying "yes, there will be a MP modus". I think that's obvious.
About the DLC he clearly says there will be DLC

Originally posted by sackboy411:
Face it people, AC2 won't have multiplayer because why would Ubisoft leave it this late to tell us? Think about it.
Maybe they want it as a surprise?

SLB_2009
10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Ok, I have to admit, he just says that "he can't say anything about multiplayer at the moment". But for me is that the same as saying "yes, there will be a MP modus". I think that's obvious

So... when they said that AC2 for PC would come out at the same time as consoles, for you it was the same as saying "yes, we're changing the date of release for 2010"?

Eckerr
10-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by SLB_2009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eckerr:
Ok, I have to admit, he just says that "he can't say anything about multiplayer at the moment". But for me is that the same as saying "yes, there will be a MP modus". I think that's obvious

So... when they said that AC2 for PC would come out at the same time as consoles, for you it was the same as saying "yes, we're changing the date of release for 2010"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get your point, aka its nonsense, sorry. Your argument has nothing to do with what I say.
I just say, and you can see, that's he's doing mysterious about the multiplayer. For me that's a sign.
If it isn't for you, stop with the nonsense argumentation and live on, please.

SLB_2009
10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
We're 39 days away from the release of the game and they're still hidding the multiplayer from us?

Sorry, but I don't believe it, even if i'd like multiplayer...

About the nonsense, I was trying to make a little joke, sorry if you thought I was being stupid http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

hemza0076
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
i speak dutch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

NuclearFuss
10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Me too, and English and Spanish

Eckerr
10-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Sorry, no hard feelings to everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Maybe, you're right, and am I a bit to naive and optimistic.
But I'm a believer, and I believe in Ubisoft Montreal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SLB_2009
10-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Sorry, no hard feelings to everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Maybe, you're right, and am I a bit to naive and optimistic.
But I'm a believer, and I believe in Ubisoft Montreal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

We're all where because we believe in Ubi, and we know they're going to give us the best game ever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think that they won't give us multiplayer in AC2, but I think they'll find a way to include it in AC3.
I just hope that they continue the great storyline, great graphics and great kills! I also hope that play.com makes my black edition appear in my door without any delay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
@Eckerr, we already discussed that interview, he did one in English too, later it was stated that there is no multiplayer or demo because they are focusing on a great single player story and if they did it would delay the game, so sorry but are naive

jimbo11235813
10-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Read an interview today with Patrice, and he says that there may be an assassins creed game with a multiplayer mode.
Here's the interview (quite short, but new): http://www.stuff.co.nz/technol...ew-Assassins-Creed-2 (http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/2949419/Preview-Assassins-Creed-2)