PDA

View Full Version : Doing a new Campaign opinions?

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Was working on a new campaign which was going to be a I-16 ground attack style campaign like a Jabo BF-109 campaign.
Then I realised in IL2 FB we have a ver neat fully modelled ground attack aircraft that has no in game campaigns for the I-153. Not only that there's two models for it one with just cannons, and the other with 4 MG's.
Have already begun making some missions for them, and found not only is it really fun, and challenging. Yet they fair pretty well against Brewster Buffalo's as the I-153 is just a cranking, and banking fool. Should be though it is a bi-plane.

Anyway I know a lot of folks like the late war planes, and some like me like the early war planes. So just wanted some opinions on it. I wouldn't want to make a bunch of missions into a campaign just for myself. As there would be no surprises. Last test mission I flew was a convoy attack mission yet your group of 3 I-153's runs into 4 Finnish Buffalo's as they approach the lines.
You really have to support your wingmen to get through it with them in one piece. Yourself included as once I ended up just me and one buffalo duking it out. We both ended up breaking off the fight he ran for base, and I headed solo for the column with dry guns. Only had most of my rockets left. As I had pulled off a awesome rocket shot on a buffalo with a couple of salvo's. He had to have been 300 meter's when I popped him. Out of ammo already it felt like a hail mary pass lol.

Also I don't know if it's due to the slower combat but the computer AI really works you over. A wingman called out to clear his 6, and I dove in raking a Buffalo. He broke off my wingman, and as I pursued another Buffalo dove through my view after my wingman.

Anyway I'm going to keep trying to tune up my missions, and test them all out untill I have plenty to make a campaign. At some point the I-153's will probably get swapped for Sturmovik's.

I'm going to try to develope some more campaigns for flyable aircraft in the game that don't already have campaigns. It's pretty fun all in all.
Although I have a pretty hot machine, and I like the world to be busy if you know what I mean. Lot's of non-mission oriented things about. A little flying around will usually bring you across a recon plane like a Storch. Multiple ground targets help to both confuse the objective, and should you have anything left after the first there's always something else to do.

I don't try to make it easy though. Later when I start putting up BF-109's I'll start adding I-16's flying air cover. I learned that when your carrying bombs, and get fighters coming in on you the AI automatically drop their bombs. Which makes since they don't drop rockets though lol.

Anyway any suggestions for campaign for other aircraft that currently don't have campaigns are welcome. Except for like the P-47 as a few people are already doing campaings for them.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Was working on a new campaign which was going to be a I-16 ground attack style campaign like a Jabo BF-109 campaign.
Then I realised in IL2 FB we have a ver neat fully modelled ground attack aircraft that has no in game campaigns for the I-153. Not only that there's two models for it one with just cannons, and the other with 4 MG's.
Have already begun making some missions for them, and found not only is it really fun, and challenging. Yet they fair pretty well against Brewster Buffalo's as the I-153 is just a cranking, and banking fool. Should be though it is a bi-plane.

Anyway I know a lot of folks like the late war planes, and some like me like the early war planes. So just wanted some opinions on it. I wouldn't want to make a bunch of missions into a campaign just for myself. As there would be no surprises. Last test mission I flew was a convoy attack mission yet your group of 3 I-153's runs into 4 Finnish Buffalo's as they approach the lines.
You really have to support your wingmen to get through it with them in one piece. Yourself included as once I ended up just me and one buffalo duking it out. We both ended up breaking off the fight he ran for base, and I headed solo for the column with dry guns. Only had most of my rockets left. As I had pulled off a awesome rocket shot on a buffalo with a couple of salvo's. He had to have been 300 meter's when I popped him. Out of ammo already it felt like a hail mary pass lol.

Also I don't know if it's due to the slower combat but the computer AI really works you over. A wingman called out to clear his 6, and I dove in raking a Buffalo. He broke off my wingman, and as I pursued another Buffalo dove through my view after my wingman.

Anyway I'm going to keep trying to tune up my missions, and test them all out untill I have plenty to make a campaign. At some point the I-153's will probably get swapped for Sturmovik's.

I'm going to try to develope some more campaigns for flyable aircraft in the game that don't already have campaigns. It's pretty fun all in all.
Although I have a pretty hot machine, and I like the world to be busy if you know what I mean. Lot's of non-mission oriented things about. A little flying around will usually bring you across a recon plane like a Storch. Multiple ground targets help to both confuse the objective, and should you have anything left after the first there's always something else to do.

I don't try to make it easy though. Later when I start putting up BF-109's I'll start adding I-16's flying air cover. I learned that when your carrying bombs, and get fighters coming in on you the AI automatically drop their bombs. Which makes since they don't drop rockets though lol.

Anyway any suggestions for campaign for other aircraft that currently don't have campaigns are welcome. Except for like the P-47 as a few people are already doing campaings for them.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 11:46 PM
I'd love an !-153 campaign.
Sounds to me like you're putting a lot of thought into it - I'd certainly download it. Looking forward to an update. Cheers!

<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/110903-Newsig.jpg.jpg </center>