PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering 70sec

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Just wondering if anybody else has encountered this, and could help me.

I used to suffer from severe stuttering issues lasting several minutes from hard disk accesses, before i upgraded my RAM from 256mb to 512mb.

I accepted that fb was heavy on RAM and i put up with these pauses until i could upgrade to 512mb.

However after upgrading i still get significant pauses up to 70 secs in some cases, with no harddisk activity at all.(graphics settings at their lowest possible settings)

This i can deal with when nothing is going on in-flight. I simply press pause to halt the game time, wait for the stutter to finish (the sound cuts off in pause mode) and un-pause the game and continue where i left off.

However i ALWAYS suffer a pause lasting from 0.25-5 secs on the first encounter with an enemy plane (getting within .4km). This is extremely frustrating, as invariably it un-pauses(un-stutters?) with me on fire or a black screen (pilot kill) thanks to the AI supreme gunnery skills. This is IMMENSELY FRUSTRATING!!!.

Any advice to solve this problem would be gratefully accepted.

Nate

System:-
1ghz Athlon
Geforce 2gts
512mb RAM

All settings at thier lowest in FB

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Just wondering if anybody else has encountered this, and could help me.

I used to suffer from severe stuttering issues lasting several minutes from hard disk accesses, before i upgraded my RAM from 256mb to 512mb.

I accepted that fb was heavy on RAM and i put up with these pauses until i could upgrade to 512mb.

However after upgrading i still get significant pauses up to 70 secs in some cases, with no harddisk activity at all.(graphics settings at their lowest possible settings)

This i can deal with when nothing is going on in-flight. I simply press pause to halt the game time, wait for the stutter to finish (the sound cuts off in pause mode) and un-pause the game and continue where i left off.

However i ALWAYS suffer a pause lasting from 0.25-5 secs on the first encounter with an enemy plane (getting within .4km). This is extremely frustrating, as invariably it un-pauses(un-stutters?) with me on fire or a black screen (pilot kill) thanks to the AI supreme gunnery skills. This is IMMENSELY FRUSTRATING!!!.

Any advice to solve this problem would be gratefully accepted.

Nate

System:-
1ghz Athlon
Geforce 2gts
512mb RAM

All settings at thier lowest in FB

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:26 PM
I think you`ll get better help in Tech Support Forum,look there.

Those 0.25-0.5 pauses are a bug,everyone gets them.Hopefully will be fixed in da patch comin up in 2 weeks(remember it`s a <u>planned</u> date).

I see you got 1GHz CPU.This is your weakest spot for playing FB.

I have identical config as you but recently upgraded to Athlon XP 2000+ and FB swings at full settings at 1024x768x16.

One thing I can recommend is turning down sound acceleration.Helped me very much(esp.when I have onboard sound card).

If you want more performance,turn on S3TC texture compression.It will give less quality imige though.

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:39 PM
carguy_ wrote:
- I think you`ll get better help in Tech Support
- Forum,look there.

Good idea, should have done that instead. Posted the same there, thanks

Nate