PDA

View Full Version : You talking to me!?!?

blazer-glory
05-18-2005, 10:49 AM
While playing the solo missions in IL2 I get someone screaming radio messages to me and I dont know whether its my wingman/leader or my base. On top of that they always seem to give me conflicting directions to those shown on the map at debriefing. The map will say one way and the radio will say another.(?) Help!

blazer-glory
05-18-2005, 10:49 AM
While playing the solo missions in IL2 I get someone screaming radio messages to me and I dont know whether its my wingman/leader or my base. On top of that they always seem to give me conflicting directions to those shown on the map at debriefing. The map will say one way and the radio will say another.(?) Help!

Owlsphone
05-18-2005, 11:23 AM
The guys on the radio are known to yell at you even if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Plain and simple - ignore it.

tigertalon
05-18-2005, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazer-glory:
While playing the solo missions in IL2 I get someone screaming radio messages to me and I dont know whether its my wingman/leader or my base. On top of that they always seem to give me conflicting directions to those shown on the map at debriefing. The map will say one way and the radio will say another.(?) Help! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, I really hope voice-communication will be less unrealistic at least in BOB (kicking a dead horse if asking for sth like this in 4.0 IMO)

And many times your gunner starts panicking if you apply negative elevator...

steve_v
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You talking to me!?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/yoda1.jpg

Monson74
05-19-2005, 04:00 AM
... or when you recieve multiple scary messages from wingmen who are already dead http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

F10_Punx
05-19-2005, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steve_v:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You talking to me!?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/yoda1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!
That some funny....

darkhorizon11
05-19-2005, 08:55 PM
I love it when they say "help I got a bandit on my tail" as in mid sentence they are hitting the ground. Something to improve on for BoB I guess...

JamesBlonde888
05-20-2005, 12:21 AM
My favourite radio chatter is when I am flying the 190 and one of the enemy opens up in a head to head at A/I flight members and they scream at me to help. "Thats what the cannons are for idiot!"

gorillasika
05-20-2005, 01:38 AM
There are also different flights in the air at the same time, and the different flight leaders give directions to their own flights.
So how do you know which one is giving you directions? Basically it's very difficult. You might try to distinguish between different voices, but best bet is just to follow your flight leader visually.
Or do as I do: be the flight leader by yourself. No one to give you directions, your flight following YOU, and no one shouting "Where are you going!!" when you are just climbing to better position.

Antonio_MRZ
05-20-2005, 01:57 AM
The radio messages you hear are from other flight leaders to their squad, that's why they report different headings to target, etc.

This is most unrealistic, beacuse each message aired in real life MUST have the id of the caller and of the supposed recipient.

So the correct messages should be of the form "Red Leader to Red Flight: heading XXX, height YYY".

The most amusing are wingman's messages.

Just for fun last time I radioed "Wingman cover me", the immediate response was "Yes I got you covered", 1 second later my aircraft was raked by bullets from an enemy aircraft... :-)

Other times I radio "wingman rejoin", and he answers "yes I'm right with you" aven if he is kilometers away.

Radio chatter and AI need a great improvement for BOB. Wingmen should warn you if they sight
enemy aircraft on your six. The same for bomber gunners, they should warn the pilot if enemy aircraft are sighted.

Antonio