PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT, Need help on a inside mobile video antenna install

Texas LongHorn
03-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Fellow IL2Aces/PF Lunatics, I need a wee' bit of advice here. I've done moblile game system installs before (they mate to in-car DVD) but how do you orient a mobile TV antenna? After many years of abuse the Wifey's Roush Mustang is going into restoration and the new SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED beast is an older 1965 Ferrari 350 LM (yep, the LeMans model) The glass on front and back is so small they only way I see to mount the antenna is with the whole encilada mounted as such that the "rabbit ears" both point horizontally and don't adjust. They are both flexible however. Should I use a "U" shaped at a forty five degree angle mounted at the base? Any feedback would be welcome. I figure this is just about the smartest group of guys on the planet (some would say smart A** (ggg.) Seriously this well be the Wifey's B-Day present (the car not the antenna!) and any pointers or links would be much appreciated. All the best, LongHorn

Texas LongHorn
03-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Fellow IL2Aces/PF Lunatics, I need a wee' bit of advice here. I've done moblile game system installs before (they mate to in-car DVD) but how do you orient a mobile TV antenna? After many years of abuse the Wifey's Roush Mustang is going into restoration and the new SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED beast is an older 1965 Ferrari 350 LM (yep, the LeMans model) The glass on front and back is so small they only way I see to mount the antenna is with the whole encilada mounted as such that the "rabbit ears" both point horizontally and don't adjust. They are both flexible however. Should I use a "U" shaped at a forty five degree angle mounted at the base? Any feedback would be welcome. I figure this is just about the smartest group of guys on the planet (some would say smart A** (ggg.) Seriously this well be the Wifey's B-Day present (the car not the antenna!) and any pointers or links would be much appreciated. All the best, LongHorn

Texas LongHorn
03-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Hey guys, it occured to me you might want a couple of more details. The antenna CAN'T go through the sheet metal or show outside, the car is quite valuable and the "little bits" as the Brits woud say are subject to abuse. Besides, it just make sense to enclose. The receiver can handle two antennas and switch between the two with a funtion that operates alot like a home type A/B switch for cable, but that sounds clumsy. I figure mount the rear window one with "ears" straight out horizontally and the front with a "V" or "U" shape. Am I making sense? Like I said in the previous post, this is pretty smart bunch. Oh, and it's a 250 rather than a 350, not that it matters, it's pretty cool and I want to do it right for the lovely Wifey <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn