PDA

View Full Version : Loss of flight controls

T_O_A_D
01-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Have you ever been in a server and loose your flight controls, or have them get sloppy, or deadened?

I was flying in a coop last night, and was experiencing some lag, then shortly after I saw the lag, (Aircraft flying sideways) My stick quit responding, and my aircraft dropped its left wing and would only turn left. Subsequently I got shot down rather rapidly during this problem.

It was late and I needed to quit anyways, But before I went to bed, and before I shut down the game, I did a quick mission and everything worked properly again.

I think I have a track of it, not sure, will check tonight when I get home. I was recording off and on last night, due to the fact I was flying formation when ever I could, next to some real topnotch skins, from the 99th.

T_O_A_D
01-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Have you ever been in a server and loose your flight controls, or have them get sloppy, or deadened?

I was flying in a coop last night, and was experiencing some lag, then shortly after I saw the lag, (Aircraft flying sideways) My stick quit responding, and my aircraft dropped its left wing and would only turn left. Subsequently I got shot down rather rapidly during this problem.

It was late and I needed to quit anyways, But before I went to bed, and before I shut down the game, I did a quick mission and everything worked properly again.

I think I have a track of it, not sure, will check tonight when I get home. I was recording off and on last night, due to the fact I was flying formation when ever I could, next to some real topnotch skins, from the 99th.

Worf101
01-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I was there and witnessed that TOAD it was indeed strange. I'll be interested in finding out what happened..

Worf101 99th Pursuit Squadron, 332nd Volunteer Fighter Group, Virtual Tuskegee Airmen "Spit Fire"

Aviar
01-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Just a thought, but it sounds to me like you lagged out.

Aviar

T_O_A_D
01-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Probably not, I never saw the red bars, and even if I would of, When you yourself lag out you can fly freely, for about 20-30 seconds before you see a message you have been disconnected.

T_O_A_D
01-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Well I checked Worf101 I only have a track from the mission we flew just before that one.

It's nearly the entire mission too.

xf86config
01-14-2006, 08:12 AM
I dont know if this is related to your problem, I occasionaly lose centering force on my FFB2 usb stick, leaving the stick operational, but with no "feel", leading to overcontrol and stall issues.

This problem was at its worse when using the FFB2 USB stick on a nvidia Nforce 2 board, adding a cheap 10 pci usb 1.1 card greatly reduced these issues ( went from couple of times per night to once in a blue moon ).

Like you, exiting the game and restarting cleared the issue.

This only ever happened in il2 fb/etc.

Hope this helps

XF