PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problem

Duckmeister
01-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Well, I have these really nice headphones, and for some reason they won't work properly with IL-2 1946.

When I had the demo, sound worked fine on any setting, now that I got 1946, no changes to computer or soundcard or anything, the sound has been acting all weird.

I was able to solve most of the cutting in and out problems by switching to stereo, but I still have one problem.

When I'm in the cockpit, there's only a little "looking space" (spot where you look, hard to explain) that gives the full volume for engine and bullet hits audio. Anywhere else I look the engine and bullet hits are really quiet. Help!

Duckmeister
01-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Well, I have these really nice headphones, and for some reason they won't work properly with IL-2 1946.

When I had the demo, sound worked fine on any setting, now that I got 1946, no changes to computer or soundcard or anything, the sound has been acting all weird.

I was able to solve most of the cutting in and out problems by switching to stereo, but I still have one problem.

When I'm in the cockpit, there's only a little "looking space" (spot where you look, hard to explain) that gives the full volume for engine and bullet hits audio. Anywhere else I look the engine and bullet hits are really quiet. Help!

Duckmeister
01-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Bumpity bumpity bump bump.

FoolTrottel
01-04-2009, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I'm in the cockpit, there's only a little "looking space" (spot where you look, hard to explain) that gives the full volume for engine and bullet hits audio. Anywhere else I look the engine and bullet hits are really quiet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Make sure in Windows Control Panel, Sounds, Speaker setup the correct speakers are set there, ie. Headphones....
If it's set to 5.1 or surround or whatever, these strange things may happen...

MaxMhz
01-04-2009, 02:33 PM
If you want help you will need to give us some information to work with. "really nice headphones" is not what I call usefull information. Brand and type would be more usefull. Also post your conf.ini and tell us what soundcard you use. A dxdiag would tell us what computer and components you are running.