PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo's machines.. flying machine

CasualMancer
03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi guys,

I've tried the mission where you get the flying machine for the first time during Leonardo's machines quests. I reach the flying machine and all is well. That is to say, until you actually pick it up and start flying.

The small clip plays explaining you have to destroy the manufacturing factories, you then proceed to fly.. except the controls are all messed up. For the record, i'm playing using my mouse and keyboard.

The problems are the following.. no controls whatsoever, getting stuck in mid air and just hovering there non-stop and flying in one direction without any controls whatsoever causing you to desync.

Anyone else experiencing these problems or am I just being completely silly?

a_non_moose
03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I noticed similar issues, part game part no instructions or instructions that
go by so fast you don't notice "hey, use the fires created like in AC2".

I did notice that if you hover too long you go into a dive and can NOT
pull out of it. Seriously?

Did that section 20 to 30 times to completion...sheesh. First 15 or so crashes
were not being able to get out of a dive and figure out how to stay aloft.
(Yeah, I was looking for bonfires to scope out the scene). Plus, you start lower
than the initial scene (it seemed to me).

The rest of the crashes were trying to glide to a bonfire and crashing into it because
there was no control (left/right/up/down) for some reason.

iN3krO
03-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by a_non_moose:
I noticed similar issues, part game part no instructions or instructions that
go by so fast you don't notice "hey, use the fires created like in AC2".

I did notice that if you hover too long you go into a dive and can NOT
pull out of it. Seriously?

Did that section 20 to 30 times to completion...sheesh. First 15 or so crashes
were not being able to get out of a dive and figure out how to stay aloft.
(Yeah, I was looking for bonfires to scope out the scene). Plus, you start lower
than the initial scene (it seemed to me).

The rest of the crashes were trying to glide to a bonfire and crashing into it because
there was no control (left/right/up/down) for some reason.

Did the mission 100% Sync at first try :O

Try to go to Main Menu -> Options -> Controls -> Custom Controls http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Try to play ac1/ac2 before playing AC:B

Try to read the poor information given while in missions

Try to understand AC:B is not for newbies, it's for who's already in AC franchise ;D

CasualMancer
03-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Yeah, played AC2 to death actually. Including all the flying missions and whatnot, even did the ones in forli where you can go as many times as you like. That's why I know it's a certain bug. The controls aren't responding, not at all.

As for the fires, well, that was pretty obvious from reading the text. Telling you to press mouse1 to create fires for warmth to glide over and to maintain altitude by.

The controls, I tried as well, except that didn't change it. Sadly. So i'm still convinced it's somewhat of a bug. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

allcookies
03-22-2011, 09:28 PM
I have finished AC2 on the PS3 with a lot of flying machine experience both in Forli, and in Venice (made a second profile with that story point to be able to fly in Venice any time).

Flying the bomber could be an awesome experience ... were it not for those constant desynchronizations due to areas not yet available.

It is very difficult to avoid these areas since the destruction targets seem to focus around them. I'll get either desynchronized, or if I miraculously make it back into available area, I either crash or get shot instantly. lol. This is not fun anymore.

I have been very much looking forward to the flying machine 2.0, but the constant desynchronization ruins the experience for me.

truetom00
03-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi Guys¨!
Now when you go into a dive and u can't pull out of it as you say, when you are close to the ground, fire at it and the ground will light up and then its like a normal fire in AC2.
Hope that helps.

CasualMancer
03-23-2011, 01:16 AM
I'll try and shoot some footage. Since it's not actually crashing that's the problem. It's more of being stuck in mid-air hovering with no controls. In fact, sometimes switching between tactical and normal camera fixes that.. but you then proceed to lose controls anyway since you fly off in one direction without any steering.

Endrevius
03-23-2011, 02:00 AM
I had the same problem. I was able to make exactly one turn left, one right and one dive until controls stopped responding and i was just hanging in an air, though i've seen Ezios moves while i was trying to turn etc.
I've tested two different pads, keyboard, keyboard+two different mouse... no luck.
Finally disabling CrossFireX from CCC worked for me. I also had x360ce.ini and ximput1_3.dll files(that i was using in AC 1&2 to fix x360 like pad) in main folder at the same time from previous attempts, though i dunno if that made any difference. And my AC:B main exe file is renamed to AssassinsCreedIIGame.exe to match Crossfire profile of AC2.
Anyway it is a bug, not that ppl don't know how to handle flying machine.

DigitalAcuity
03-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Having exactly the same problem here, mid-air hovering with the steering controls locking up making this flying section impossible to complete. Came online to find a fix and found this thread, looks like there's no solution as of yet.

oaudooren
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Same problem here ... and i do not have crossfireX

CasualMancer
03-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Do have an ATi card, but definitely not in CrossfireX.

GottabeMad
03-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I had the same problem, and it took me 1 hour to finish that damn mission

CasualMancer
03-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Any fix or work around in sight?

Skinman75
03-24-2011, 12:52 PM
The control problem that I have is that I can't turn left or right.. climb and dive are fine on W and S, however, no response from A or D, or any of the cursor keys to turn left or right.. mouse left and right also doesn't do anything..

Nothing obvious in the controls menu, unless I'm missing something obvious?

Steven83
03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Same here. This bug renders the game unplayable.

Pity. It is/was such a great game, I was thinking of finishing it in the next few days. But now I'm forever stuck.

Also I was an ace "pilot" on the previous AC, too bad that in this one the controls of the flying machine do not work...

I don't think there's any work-around yet, no?

edit: I re-read the thread and I think I finally found out where's the problem. Apparently the game is built with every frame "synced" in mind. In "regular game" not having vsync on creates no problems (a work-around has been implemented?) but in alternative-modes (like the one in which the player is with the flying machine) it creates problems with user input.

So the solution is simple: for those of us who have "vsync" disabled the "flying machine" will function only when the game runs at exactly 60FPS (rarely) for the rest of the time it does not.

So enabling vsync back on does the trick. At least it did to me.

...people of Ubisoft please release a patch to fix this issue, I'm sure many of your customers will be benefited...

EmmaBemma
03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Thought I'd mention this here rather than starting another thread. For me the controls were fine but what happened is...

I'd taken out 2/4 workshops when I crashed, and when it reloaded ALL the workshops had been taken down, yet the 'prompt' was still directing me to destroy them (though the markers were missing from the map). I set fire to every single tower as well but still... nothing. No matter how many times I desynchronised and reloaded it was the same. So in the end I quit and restarted the whole damn memory. Hopefully will not occur second time round. Very frustrating bug.

CasualMancer
03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh, i'll try that tonight http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Tnx!

edit, worked for me. Enabeling vsync made me run it smooth and controls returned to being similiar to AC2!

Skinman75
03-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Steven83:

Pity. It is/was such a great game, I was thinking of finishing it in the next few days. But now I'm forever stuck.

Also I was an ace "pilot" on the previous AC, too bad that in this one the controls of the flying machine do not work...

edit: I re-read the thread and I think I finally found out where's the problem. Apparently the game is built with every frame "synced" in mind. In "regular game" not having vsync on creates no problems (a work-around has been implemented?) but in alternative-modes (like the one in which the player is with the flying machine) it creates problems with user input.

So the solution is simple: for those of us who have "vsync" disabled the "flying machine" will function only when the game runs at exactly 60FPS (rarely) for the rest of the time it does not.

...people of Ubisoft please release a patch to fix this issue, I'm sure many of your customers will be benefited...

+10 internets to you sir...

vsync off causes the input problem.. vsync on, and I can deliver death from above like a deamon from a machiavellian nightmare..

Seriously Ubi.. who beta tested this? Such a simple game breaking bug.

oaudooren
03-26-2011, 06:10 AM
I could do it with all graphical settings to the minimum and vsync off

jgskpx1989
03-29-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Steven83:

^quote this and just keep spreading it EVERYWHERE. This guy is freaking right. After I put vsync on and changed my resolution 1024 75hz to 60hz. It worked flawlessly. I freaking got 100 sync in TWO tries after this thing got fixed.

thank you for posting the real solution to this JESUS I was getting frustrated

PapySnip3r
04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
it's work for me too.
Must activate VSYNC !

MithrynFrost
05-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Good thing I found this thread - I had a later issue that Vsync solved as well which prevented me from completing the game.
Man, the customer support - they tell me the issue has been addressed in the forums. Why tell me what the solution is though, oh so helpful.
This helped a ton though, hope everyone with the same issues finds this thread.

AntiChrist7
05-04-2011, 04:33 AM
i finally got 100% on the mission and on the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif . destroyed all the towers, but got desyncd quite a few times while going after the chariots. Luckily crashing into the ground doesn't count as taking damage http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

gloops1
07-02-2011, 01:37 PM
As someone has said, you always need a fire 'updraught' to stay up in this game. This is provided by dropping bombes regularly as you fly around. DON'T USE 'W'! Just use the A and D keys if using a keyboard.

A bomb dropped when you are really low will shoot you back up to a great hight!

Byrdman10
07-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Steven83 ...I think I finally found out where's the problem. Apparently the game is built with every frame "synced" in mind. In "regular game" not having vsync on creates no problems (a work-around has been implemented?) but in alternative-modes (like the one in which the player is with the flying machine) it creates problems with user input.

Thanks "Steven83" for the VSync solution! You would think this would be addressed in a patch by now!

This is the second Ubisoft PC game that has an un-patched bug. The other being Splinter Cell: Double Agent and the infamous safe bug and the locked in the bedroom bug!!!

This was never an issue with Ubisoft games before the consoles became the dominant market.

elgepi
02-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Did the mission 100% Sync at first try :O

Try to go to Main Menu -> Options -> Controls -> Custom Controls http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Try to play ac1/ac2 before playing AC:B

Try to read the poor information given while in missions

Try to understand AC:B is not for newbies, it's for who's already in AC franchise ;D

What a condescending load of BULL! Next time you feel like helping someone, please, don't.

Now for the helping part, altough this is an old issue, i recently bought the game and had the same problem. Limiting the screen refresh rate to 60Hz with Vsync ON (my screen defaults at 120) made the issue go away for me.

JohnieUtd
08-19-2019, 06:49 PM
I have VSync on, 1680 60Hz but i still cant control that damn pidgeon.... 2 hours tryin...