PDA

View Full Version : MS FFB1

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Is there any way to test my forces. I am running XP pro and have lost all of my force. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Is there any way to test my forces. I am running XP pro and have lost all of my force. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 03:40 AM
Anyone know? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Hi Mr Kilroy

In the absence of any expert advice, please accept my amateur guidance.

I have XP home with the M$ FF2 but hopefully the following will be similar and should help you.

Navigate via the following:

Start bar, settings, control panel, game controllers, highlight your M$ stick, click properties and then you should find a 'tab' entitled forces. Click on that to reveal the FF settings etc.

If this isn't right please accept my apologies.

Habaya

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the reply Habaya! I can do what you wrote and all I get are two tabs, Setting and Test. There is nothing about forces in either one. It does recognize it as a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 12:26 AM
Hi Mr Kilroy

Sorry to hear of your continued problems. Your post hasn't generated an informed expert response.

My only other advice is to delete your joystick profile, reboot and reinstall but as I mentioned earlier, I have no experience with XP pro or the M$ FF1.

(Can I assume that the stick is USB? I ask because I've read somewhere that the game-port type and XP don't get along to well.)

Come on you gurus help Mr Kilroy out with this one. LOL

Habaya