PDA

View Full Version : Take off question

trekvana
03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
hey guys, this has probably been asked millions of times but how do i know when its clear to take off when waiting behind other planes? reason im asking is because since the angle of the nose is so high when waiting on the tarmac i cant see over the nose to tell if the other plane in front of me left. is there anyway to tell aside from going to external view??

thanks

trekvana
03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
hey guys, this has probably been asked millions of times but how do i know when its clear to take off when waiting behind other planes? reason im asking is because since the angle of the nose is so high when waiting on the tarmac i cant see over the nose to tell if the other plane in front of me left. is there anyway to tell aside from going to external view??

thanks

Fireball_
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM
You can angle your plane's nose off to the side a little. That will let you see ahead. I suspect they did something like that in real life.

Also, while taxing you can make little S turns to see what's in front of you.

dhorkoff
03-30-2007, 05:47 PM
While holding down the 'b' key, crank the throttle up to about 40% or so (maybe more) and hit full left or right rudder until your plane has rotated enough that you can see the wing tip of the plane in front of you. Reduce throttle back to 0%.

After that plane has moved out, it'll be no problem to get yourself straightened out on the runway for your own takeoff.

buzzsaw1939
03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
It sounds like you need to remmember that this is a sim, in reality you would have ground personal to direct you, I don't find it's that hard to hit the f2 key and back to f1 for take off. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

FritzGryphon
03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Take off on the taxiway. It's more likely to be clear. Don't look or you might jinx it.

Skycat_2
03-30-2007, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
Take off on the taxiway. It's more likely to be clear. Don't look or you might jinx it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Go to the Wonder Woman view. It has to be there for a reason despite what the self-appointed Grognards may say.

Yellow_Sub
03-31-2007, 06:56 AM
I am not sure but I think you can ask the tower if you can take off, he will deny it if the runway isn't clear.

Apart from that, if play the sim for a while you will be able to tell if the runway is clear by the amount of dust which passes your canopy when planes ahead of you start.

Nimits
03-31-2007, 11:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am not sure but I think you can ask the tower if you can take off, he will deny it if the runway isn't clear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is affirm.

FA_Retro-Burn
04-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Sometimes you know exactly what number you are in the formation. Say you are four. Listen to three takoffs and proceed.

trekvana
04-02-2007, 10:23 PM
thanks for all the help guys!!