PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen...Help

Tailbutcher
07-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,
I've got a bit of a problem. I think the game has crashed, cause when I try to play the game all that is rendered is the plane, and a black background. Even online it's the same deal.
But, When I play COD2 everything is just fine plays really good. I have both games running at max video settings. I'm stumped. I was going to reinstall IL2 1946, but if you guys have any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Tailbutcher

AMD FX-60
2GB RAM
250 SATA HD
2x7800GTX's SLI
600Watt PS
Cd/DVD drive
DVD/RW drive

Tailbutcher
07-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,
I've got a bit of a problem. I think the game has crashed, cause when I try to play the game all that is rendered is the plane, and a black background. Even online it's the same deal.
But, When I play COD2 everything is just fine plays really good. I have both games running at max video settings. I'm stumped. I was going to reinstall IL2 1946, but if you guys have any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Tailbutcher

AMD FX-60
2GB RAM
250 SATA HD
2x7800GTX's SLI
600Watt PS
Cd/DVD drive
DVD/RW drive

Taylortony
07-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I would ask in community help but first check and see the graphics card settings in set up hasnt changed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

grndragon57
07-22-2007, 10:45 AM
If you are using perfect landscape try running at a lower setting if this works there is a setting wrong in set up or config.Unfortunately I don't remember which setting(my card did the same thing).

Tailbutcher
07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I figured it out. I tired playing IL2 FB, and it played great, no hickups smooth as silk. All the Settings set to Ecellent/ Perfect. So..I unistalled 1946, also cleared out the 1946 folder that was left behind in program files, even after unistalling the game. That was the wierdest part.
Reinstalled the game, patched it. Now it runs great again.
My thoughts are the game files got corrupted somehow, someway. Now all is good again. I hope this helps anyone else that comes across the same problem.

Tailbutcher