PDA

View Full Version : Nimits, how are you progressing with True Pacific

sledgehammer2
04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Nimits, are there any more updates to TP since the one that had Coral Sea? I was waiting for it to get further along before I started a career. I know you are busy and thanks.

Regards, Sledgehammer2

sledgehammer2
04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Nimits, are there any more updates to TP since the one that had Coral Sea? I was waiting for it to get further along before I started a career. I know you are busy and thanks.

Regards, Sledgehammer2

F19_Orheim
04-06-2006, 11:02 AM
hmm what exectly did he change ?

Nimits
04-06-2006, 05:49 PM
F19_Orheim , True Pacific 0.06c reworks a few operations, including:
-Hawaii, December 1941
-Wake, December 1941
-Coral Sea, May 1942

and adds ten new operations:
-Bougainville, February 1942
-Wake, February 1942
-Indian Ocean, April 1942
-Tulagi, May 1942
-New Guinea, March 1942 (RAAF only)
-New Guinea, May 1942
-New Guinea, February 1943
-Guadalcanal, February 1943
-Guadalcanal, April 1943 (RNZAF only)
-Wake, October 1943

I plan to add a few more operations (Eastern Solomons 1942, Japan 1944, Singapore 1945, etc.) and rework the stock campaigns to one extent or another.

Sledgehammer2, it's been going a lot slower than I would have liked. Midway is 95% complete, and in fact could probably be released right now if I really had to. However, I am trying to get some "issues" concerning misison distance, etc. down just right. Once I have the "formula" perfected, it won't be much trouble to do/redo the rest of carrier v. carrier campaigns. I would really like to release 0.07 this weekend or sometime next week, but we will see.

F19_Orheim
04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
that's great, but what do you actually rework? distances maybe?

What I am really looking forward to is someone who can develop NGEN....

Nimits
04-07-2006, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that's great, but what do you actually rework? distances maybe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Distances, if anything are a little longer on average for the carrier campaigns in True Pacific (historical accuracy, remember). However, all the carrier battles have short distance versions as well. I can't do much for the land-based campaigns. Other things I've done for stock camapigns including adding more ships and ground objects, ensuring the .mis files are as accurate as possible in terms of what is placed where (i.e. no more P-40Es at Hickam for Pearl Harbor), more accurate air OBs and more historically representative ops files.