PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we'll eventually have a pretty complete WW2 flight sim

Yellonet
02-12-2005, 04:38 AM
...sweet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Some of the new screenshots looked very nice indeed.

Flyable heavies is nowhere to be seen, but let's face it, they're not really in the scope of this sim. They could work.. but.. We'll have to make do with what we've got. Very much that is.

Thanks 1c, from the bottom of my gaming heart!

Yellonet
02-12-2005, 04:38 AM
...sweet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Some of the new screenshots looked very nice indeed.

Flyable heavies is nowhere to be seen, but let's face it, they're not really in the scope of this sim. They could work.. but.. We'll have to make do with what we've got. Very much that is.

Thanks 1c, from the bottom of my gaming heart!

conundrumx
02-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Without ships, a buggy campaign and just one flyable torpedo bomber (maybe) I don't see how this is complete?

Indianer.
02-12-2005, 08:59 AM
^^^or no B17 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DarthBane_
02-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Or he177,
but seriously why cannt he111 Z be flyable?
You already have cockpit and gunner positions modeled. Not much work.

jagdmailer
02-12-2005, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by conundrumx:
Without ships, a buggy campaign and just one flyable torpedo bomber (maybe) I don't see how this is complete? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am in total agreement here. You cannot be serious talking about a complete PF even with Oleg's last dev. post......

Jagd

Yellonet
02-12-2005, 10:02 AM
They said before PF was released that there would be loads of ships... you have to give them the chance to make good on their word.

Capt._Tenneal
02-12-2005, 11:21 AM
A losing battle M8. Even if Oleg would include virtually every plane in WW II, someone will still say something like "But we still don't have the Sea Otter ! Complete, hrmpf !" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VBF-83_Hawk
02-12-2005, 11:39 AM
True capt but the allies dont even have a flyable torp plane, non A20 that it!

carguy_
02-12-2005, 07:58 PM
You keep forgetting resources of game makers are pretty much limited compared to those of others.Small market,small possibilities.

Current compilation is most impressive if you look it that way.

You can always make an arcade sim and get your Lancaster in no time.Don`t even mention the FM or DM though.

Beaufort-RAF
02-14-2005, 12:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VBF-83_Hawk:
True capt but the allies dont even have a flyable torp plane, non A20 that it! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beaufighter. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Viper_42
02-14-2005, 02:23 AM
I think all the planes in IL2 + PF should be made flyable THEN work on BoB. Or at least release something to make it able to make cockpits easier for IL2. A flight simulator is not complete when it has planes in which you can only look at.

DarthBane_
02-14-2005, 03:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper_42:
I think all the planes in IL2 + PF should be made flyable THEN work on BoB. Or at least release something to make it able to make cockpits easier for IL2. A flight simulator is not complete when it has planes in which you can only look at. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was said many times, and it is resonable.
But than we get bunch of empty patches, and stories of diseases plaguing the 1c, my god i hope the rest of the world will remain in good health. Or the sickness might spread, than we will all die and not live to see new flyables.

arjisme
02-14-2005, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper_42:
I think all the planes in IL2 + PF should be made flyable THEN work on BoB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I disagree. One of the things BoB will bring is an improved FM. Given the age of the FB/AEP/PF FM, it is reasonable to move on. FB/AEP/PF was never advertised to have all included planes be flyable. It would be nice, sure, but not unless each A/C had a correct FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or at least release something to make it able to make cockpits easier for IL2. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This would be nice. Once BoB is released, it would be fantastic if somehow the FB series could be opened up to the player community. But it is my understanding that this is not likely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A flight simulator is not complete when it has planes in which you can only look at. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think the definition of completeness is a bit arbitrary and is different depending on who you ask. Some would say it is not complete until you have maps covering every aspect of a theater. Others will say it is not complete until you have every ship, tank, truck, airfield of a theater depicted. Suffice it to say, no flight sim game will ever be complete to everyone's satisfaction.

flyboy_112th
02-14-2005, 08:47 AM
ar****e,

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

OK, not every plane that ever flew in WWII is flyable, but with over 100 different flyable aircraft, how many do you want!?

Personally I just count myself lucky that I've got as many as I have. If no new updates came out, I'd STILL be happy. If content was released as a paid expansion I'd STILL be happy. What we have here is the capo di tutti capo of WWII sims, let's celebrate the positive aspects and - where we want more for free - ask instead of demanding, or we may find that these free updates end up being paid expansions...

harryrriedl
02-14-2005, 09:08 AM
i agree no hevey but how many sims have this much choise allmost all thereters its nubers are only matched my games such as fighter ace

Sharkey888
02-14-2005, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by harryrriedl:
i agree no hevey but how many sims have this much choise allmost all thereters its nubers are only matched my games such as fighter ace <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I agree we have lots of choices, I am an offliner, so a big mix of planes is great but without a large complement of ground objects, good missions/campaigns and maps it really does not mean much.

I also wish there was some reason to the madness of new flyables. Like, we started with Il2 on the Eastern Front, so lets add the Do-17, make the HS-129 flyable etc. etc.

Now we go south, make the Italians flyable. Then we go to the Pacific, add a ship of each class to each side, flyable dive & torp bombers, a Japanese Naval and Army bomber etc.

Again I love the sim and I know we are relying on 3rd party modelers who want to do what they want, but I just wish there was a little bit more "control" from the top and the add-ons were a bit more controlled-but that's just me. It baffles me since the FM and cockpits seem to have this tight control-even to the point of NOT making something flyable if there is not enough pictures or drawings available.

It does seem that BOB may have more of this "control" that I am talking about-I just hope it makes enough money to continue to the theaters of war that I really want http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif