PDA

View Full Version : New ranks?

Wii-fan
06-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I heard that in a new download there will be new ranks. Is this true?

Mr.Hanky2005
06-23-2007, 02:53 PM
The official word is that there will be no new ranks.

ALTEREDCOURSE
06-23-2007, 03:12 PM
How could they ever add new ranks and what would they possibly be after 'Elite'? 'Eliter'? 'Elitest'?

And what would the badge for that possibly be?

I love how half the player population for this game has so little common sense they have trouble walking and breathing at the same time yet they can find this message board on the internet.

WhisperXBA
06-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Well I know someone who doesn't get much love.

How could they ever add new ranks?

They just do it. Yes, the can make "Elitist" if they so chose. Thought I wouldn't like the choice of name.

The badge could be any new icon they decide to design.

Seems to me like you're the one without common sense, acting like it is impossible to create a new rank(s) if that is what they decided to do.

Mr.Hanky2005
06-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Edited so it's not as harsh sounding

ALTERED, Whisper, you are both newer members of the forums. No need to start fighting over something stupid. Read my first post, and there will be no point in arguing. I mean can't we all just get along? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

WhisperXBA
06-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Don't be a coward. Say what you wanted to say.

I was defending the original poster because no one had, and he didn't deserve the remarks he got from Altered. That is the right thing to do in any situation. Don't try and jump in and play moderator, you aren't one.

He said the OP had no common sense, at the same time showing none of his own. Someone had to call him on that, and predictably so, we haven't heard back from him. That is how you deal with those people.

cypher235
06-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes the official word is that there will be no more new ranks.

But for the sake of speculation, if they were to add new ranks I suppose they would actually add ranks that exist in the military. Such as Brigadier General, Major General, and so on.

Since they won't add new ranks, I suggest Altered and Whisper stop arguing about it.

Mr.Hanky2005
06-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by WhisperXBA:
Don't be a coward. Say what you wanted to say.

I was defending the original poster because no one had, and he didn't deserve the remarks he got from Altered. That is the right thing to do in any situation. Don't try and jump in and play moderator, you aren't one.

He said the OP had no common sense, at the same time showing none of his own. Someone had to call him on that, and predictably so, we haven't heard back from him. That is how you deal with those people.

Calm down. Also read the sig.

danfoz
06-23-2007, 08:40 PM
There's a lot to be said for the moral high ground which, apparently, is just as easily lost as it is gained.

WhisperXBA
06-24-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't have morals, never will say that I do.. but if I see an injustice being done, I will step in. That makes me a superhero.

*evaporates from thread for the final time*

danfoz
06-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Easy claw. You did a good deed but you also called out the dude waiving the white flag. One injustice does not deserve another.

AR70
06-25-2007, 12:44 AM
They released five maps six months after the game was released! I can't imagine asking them to add new ranks, gun's, camouflage's, and armor.

Wii-fan
06-26-2007, 10:06 AM
This game has realistic ranks but I have never heard of "Elite". If it was realistic I think after Colonel would be Brigadier General, than Major General, than Lieutenant General, than General, and than General of the Army.

Ghost-072
06-26-2007, 10:59 PM
How could they ever add new ranks and what would they possibly be after 'Elite'? 'Eliter'? 'Elitest'?

Are you dumb? Those aren't even words. I know they aren't putting them out but they would probably be Brig. Gen., 2 Star Gen., etc. not words you made up. lmao. I even searched those words in dictionary.com just to make sure lol.

fiendkeeper1976
06-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Don't think that they need new ranks, what they should do is set everyone to the private and score the ranks based on ability rather than how much time you spend on the game. Anyone can be an elite on Vegas you just have to sit down and play. If however, you develop a system where the ranks are decided on how many kills above your deaths you are, some sort of ratio system, you have the possibility of your rank fluctuating everytime you play, that to me would be far more interesting, than just playing for hundreds of hours and getting to elite and staying there. You're still gonna have your boosters but there are always cheats no matter what you do.

ArrowDynamicsX
06-27-2007, 08:05 PM
But then there are people who would never make it up to elite, and while you might not care about them, it would make a lot of people frustrated and possibly stop playing the game, ignore the new map packs, etc.