PDA

View Full Version : First DLC for Assassin's Creed II releases in January

JamieSI
12-01-2009, 12:07 PM
http://www.strategyinformer.co...-releases-in-january (http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/6326/first-dlc-for-assassins-creed-ii-releases-in-january)

Ubisoft has told us that the first DLC for Assassin's Creed II will be released In January, with a second instalment coming shortly after in February.

The price is to be confirmed, but the first DLC is named “Battle of Forli” while the 2nd will be named “Bonfire of the Vanities”.

Captain Tomatoz
12-01-2009, 12:10 PM
awsome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

monoolho
12-01-2009, 12:14 PM
The question is, will it be xbox only or ps3 and xbox? I get damn mad when games release dlc only for the xbox...

Atkamon
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by monoolho:
The question is, will it be xbox only or ps3 and xbox? I get damn mad when games release dlc only for the xbox...

Or maybe could we get it for PC too? Maybe like... with the whole game when it comes out in march or whenever?

hicks1586
12-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Atkamon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monoolho:

Or maybe could we get it for PC too? Maybe like... with the whole game when it comes out in march or whenever? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree considering the delay for the PC version the least they could do is throw in the DLC for free.

Avl521
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I knew it!! XD I'm so f***ing happy now, I just found out right now through Joystiq hahaha.
Battle for Forli sounds to me like the whole Caterina Sforza deal I thought so I guess I guessed right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

deadlylemon1991
12-01-2009, 12:49 PM
im gona guess these will be placed in the memory blocks tht u couldnt access then

RobL92123
12-01-2009, 01:05 PM
IGN article for those interested:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1050735p1.html

Hopefully the devs will also have a patch for replaying sequences by then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bornforhaze
12-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by RobL92123:
IGN article for those interested:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1050735p1.html

Hopefully the devs will also have a patch for replaying sequences by then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif With DLC coming out a patch is more likely.

mikeh1294
12-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Hm.... If you read the book you know what they will be about.

*DLC AND BOOK SPOILERS*

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Battle of Forli is when two guys attack Forli to regain the PoE and the Map of the codex pages that Caterine Sforza's husband made.

The Bonfire of the Vabities relates to the mad monk of Florence who stole the PoE off Ezio and used it to control the rulers of Florence, but Ezio kills his servants and then him.</span>

Grandmaster_Z
12-01-2009, 02:02 PM
hopefully this is the only DLC they will have, they need to start work on AC3, pronto!

ALTAIRXEZIO
12-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
hopefully this is the only DLC they will have, they need to start work on AC3, pronto! no man....... i want more dlc... i freakin love this game.... they will prolly put out a lot of dlc... i bet most of the team will work on ac3 where a few members work on dlc for ac2

caswallawn_2k7
12-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Ubisoft didn't mention any pricing details just yet, however, they did drop an unusually large harddrive space requirement. Each DLC has a minimum 1GB of needed memory, meaning these episodes could be pretty lengthy.

looks like they could be opening up the closed off parts of the cities, as surly adding a few quests and bits of conversation wouldn't run to over 1gig.

Silhouelle
12-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
hopefully this is the only DLC they will have, they need to start work on AC3, pronto!
Alot of the team won't have stuff to do for AC3 for a long while (animators, voice actors, world designers, etc). They have to decide on where/when, the story, character and all that stuff before they actually start doing things other than making concept art. Plenty of time for the rest to work on DLC. :3

Also, woo for DLC news! I hope they aren't too expensive, and maybe they have a female outfit in one of them.... *shifty eyes*

Malocchio21
12-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Woo! I can't wait!

Atmon
12-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Available on Xbox and PS3 guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For any announcement about the PC version... Well we will all have to wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

All I can say is that it's really cool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

RobL92123
12-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ubisoft didn't mention any pricing details just yet, however, they did drop an unusually large harddrive space requirement. Each DLC has a minimum 1GB of needed memory, meaning these episodes could be pretty lengthy.

looks like they could be opening up the closed off parts of the cities, as surly adding a few quests and bits of conversation wouldn't run to over 1gig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opening up South Florence maybe?

MRKnoxville
12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Well, I was hoping for some "Epilogue-line" DLCs set after the end of the game. Like Desmond's investigations as a prologue to AC3 (and epilogue to AC2) so we could leave behind the Animus once and for all in the third installment. You can never get enough Desmond awesomeness (if you unlocked the achievement "Return of an old friend" you know what I'm talking about).

Not to mention the unbeliveably huge cliffhanger we got at the end. We need epilogue to AC2 or prologue to AC3 (they are the same tbh), it can be presented in an episodic style for all I care. 2 years is way too much waiting for AC3 at this point. Only if we could spend that 2 years experiencing a prologue, and - through that - hints on what to expect from AC3 story- and locationwise (2012 as the time seems obvious if you've seen the ending - at least for most of the game).

Continuing or enhancing Ezio's story is also welcome, but the DLC title's sound kinda boring if you ask me.

jack994
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Wow sounds awesome, but does this mean Ubisoft that a patch is in the works for release before the dlc (or in the next week or so) to fix the big amount of technical hitches (see PS3/360 feedback thread to see what I mean)?

caswallawn_2k7
12-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by jack994:
Wow sounds awesome, but does this mean Ubisoft that a patch is in the works for release before the dlc (or in the next week or so) to fix the big amount of technical hitches (see PS3/360 feedback thread to see what I mean)?
they said there is a patch coming for the block 11 bug so if they are patching that they will most likely be fixing other problems with it.

thor79
12-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Atmon:
Available on Xbox and PS3 guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For any announcement about the PC version... Well we will all have to wait http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

All I can say is that it's really cool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

If I don't hear anything about the PC version of the dlc by the time the console DLC is released...I may just forget about buying the game completely. Rented it for 360...got my fill. Getting tired of this "PC version has to wait" crap.

jack994
12-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack994:
they said there is a patch coming for the block 11 bug so if they are patching that they will most likely be fixing other problems with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Wow here's hoping that the framerate and screen tearing is sorted out on the PS3 version.

Asher13
12-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I do hope we delve into Ezio's family life a bit. Would like to see his relations ships to his mother, sister, and probably Rosa fleshed out a bit. Does he start a family with Rosa, etc.

JoeNoSay
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to the dlc arriving shortly. I do hope they continue to support regular dlc until AC3 comes out. They would without a doubt have my repeat business.

Rodriquezz
12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
YAY lets see how the time/money ratio of each DLC is, out of experience you pay 20 bucks to have fun for 2 hours. Would be most effective to milk off the money. So you can release DLCs (the new name for addons, only less length, less quality) each month and feed on the consumerzombies.

Seriously i hope they also add some game improvments and a GOOD ENDFIGHT, because the endfight in the maingame was utter terrible and just too easy.

RachelG
12-03-2009, 08:17 PM
O.k great and all, but I don't have internet to my PS3. Is there any way I could get the DLC? will it be availible online so I can put it to a disk and transfer, or perhaps buy it from EB games/ Gamestop? Or am I out of luck =__=

Captain Tomatoz
12-04-2009, 12:43 AM
i had great fun in the last fight. having a fist fight with one of the most currupt popes ever was just genious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

JoeNoSay
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Although I'm looking forward to AC2 dlc, I have to agree with Rodriguez in regards to the dlc trend nowadays. I must say that certain games feel as though the devs cut pieces ouf of the main game in order to push it to us as dlc. I'm not saying that is or is not the case here, it's just been a concern of mine for quite some time.

Atmon
12-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Well regarding AC franchise all I can say, is that lots of player of the first game where disappointed because of extra downloadable content, so we will try to please everyone, therefore I don't feel, or got the impression that gamers see AC2 as a game that lacks content http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

peireddneck
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rodriquezz:
YAY lets see how the time/money ratio of each DLC is, out of experience you pay 20 bucks to have fun for 2 hours. Would be most effective to milk off the money. So you can release DLCs (the new name for addons, only less length, less quality) each month and feed on the consumerzombies.

Like buying a car with no wheels! Sorry they are not done yet but if you come back next month they will be available.. oh..and they'll also cost you.. Why can't you buy a game and get the whole game. This was probly their plan to begin with.. another 20 bucks here and there makes your $70 game alot more.. am i making sense??

Avl521
12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I think the exclusive maps of the black edition should be made available for free.
Now the 2 DLCs won't be free obviously and since they're supposed to be about 1GB each they must cost and also be very complete:
SEQUENCES 12 & 13
MORE SIDE MISSIONS
MORE WEAPONS
things like that would justify paying for a DLC.
and I think Ubi should do a patch not only to remove some bugs/glitches/freezes but also to add some of the ideas people has given like:
NEW GAME+
MORE FLYING MACHINE MISSIONS
CARNIVAL MASK AND CAPE

ssjMA7
12-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Yo Atmon dont u ubisoft guys see that most of us actually signed a petition for a patch we all are waiting for?
man i have been waiting to replay story missions for a while now. when will this patch thing come out?

Avl521
12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ssjMA7:
Yo Atmon dont u ubisoft guys see that most of us actually signed a petition for a patch we all are waiting for?
man i have been waiting to replay story missions for a while now. when will this patch thing come out?
Yeah patch need to be done that's why we made a petition and gave ideas http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Matchstick321
12-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by hicks1586:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atkamon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by monoolho:

Or maybe could we get it for PC too? Maybe like... with the whole game when it comes out in march or whenever? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree considering the delay for the PC version the least they could do is throw in the DLC for free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OR better yet make the xbox 360 and ps3 DLCs so you can download them to your computer burn them to a disc and put it on your gaming console that way cuss over a 1/4 of the people that play xbox dont have xbox live

Rodriquezz
12-04-2009, 10:02 PM
DLCs are the devil! They should make a 30 bucks addon, a new game or leave it the way it is. A small patch would also be fine, but as i remember the terrible support for Far Cry 2, i wouldn't expect too much for AC2.

Blood-drop
12-04-2009, 11:25 PM
soz got a question (off topic) what was the DCL for AC

RachelG
12-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by RachelG:
O.k great and all, but I don't have internet to my PS3. Is there any way I could get the DLC? will it be availible online so I can put it to a disk and transfer, or perhaps buy it from EB games/ Gamestop? Or am I out of luck =__=

Please, someone?

IV_trailer
12-05-2009, 06:48 AM
@RachelG:

How do you actually reach the forums without internet? If you have internet at home you can just temporary plug in the cable in your ps3 or log in to your wireless home network. I you are ready with the download you can deconnect your ps3.

BTW: You are missing great stuff without internet on your ps3. Playstation network is totaly free exept your internet provider.

RachelG
12-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by IV_trailer:
@RachelG:

How do you actually reach the forums without internet? If you have internet at home you can just temporary plug in the cable in your ps3 or log in to your wireless home network. I you are ready with the download you can deconnect your ps3.

BTW: You are missing great stuff without internet on your ps3. Playstation network is totaly free exept your internet provider.

I have internet, just not wireless.

So I can plug a cable into my PS3 to get internet?

OHHH Question time.

What kind of cable?
Where on my PS3
Do I need a phone jack or special outlet?

I'll research it, but if someone can give me fast answers that'd be great!

mikeh1294
12-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by RachelG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IV_trailer:
@RachelG:

I have internet, just not wireless.

So I can plug a cable into my PS3 to get internet?

OHHH Question time.

What kind of cable?
Where on my PS3
Do I need a phone jack or special outlet?

I'll research it, but if someone can give me fast answers that'd be great! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will need an Ethernet cable that plugs into the back of your PS3 (you will be able to tell which hole when you get it) and then plug the other end into your router.

ApocaLeepse
12-05-2009, 03:06 PM
DLC coming early is good news. Hopefully Ubisoft will consider our patch and DLC ideas, such as replaying memory sequences and unequipping.

deadlylemon1991
12-05-2009, 03:22 PM
wonder how they will fit this into the game, will they delete the whole missing memories cutscene and put em in there or will they activate at the end of the game

ParagonParadox
12-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I think This Would Be Really Cool, I will leave stories to you guys but Weapons and Clothing and Cities and Vehicles Wise this is what we should get:

Clothing:
The Guard Uniform
Ezio (Pre-Incident)
Ezio (Carnival Mask)
More Diverse Dyes
More Capes (One That Keeps all Notoriety Down)

Weapons:
(Weapons I want at the Villa)
Spears
Two-handed Swords"
Halberds
Axes
Poison Throwing Knives
Bigger Smoke Bomb Bag (3 isn't enough lol)
Crossbow (Big Stretch, I know But worth a Try)

Locations:
More of Firenze (Florence)
Milano (Milan)
More of Rome and The Vatican (I had a taste give me a whole entree lol)

Vehicles:
Leonardo's Flying Machine In Every City
Stage Coach's would be nice lol

deadlylemon1991
12-05-2009, 04:27 PM
sure why not with a crossbow, altair would of had 1 in ac1, agree with the bigger smoke bag and it would be nice to have more flying machine levels

i doubt the vatican would be in the game anymore due to the fact the game only has a tiny segmant of the level on the disc and i cannot see them doing more in dlc

SWJS
12-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ParagonParadox:
I think This Would Be Really Cool, I will leave stories to you guys but Weapons and Clothing and Cities and Vehicles Wise this is what we should get:

Clothing:
The Guard Uniform
Ezio (Pre-Incident)
Ezio (Carnival Mask)
More Diverse Dyes
More Capes (One That Keeps all Notoriety Down)

Weapons:
(Weapons I want at the Villa)
Spears
Two-handed Swords"
Halberds
Axes
Poison Throwing Knives
Bigger Smoke Bomb Bag (3 isn't enough lol)
Crossbow (Big Stretch, I know But worth a Try)

Locations:
More of Firenze (Florence)
Milano (Milan)
More of Rome and The Vatican (I had a taste give me a whole entree lol)

Vehicles:
Leonardo's Flying Machine In Every City
Stage Coach's would be nice lol
This.

Oh, and you forgot replayable story missions. :P

deadskies
12-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Matchstick321:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hicks1586:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atkamon:

I agree considering the delay for the PC version the least they could do is throw in the DLC for free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OR better yet make the xbox 360 and ps3 DLCs so you can download them to your computer burn them to a disc and put it on your gaming console that way cuss over a 1/4 of the people that play xbox dont have xbox live </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cuz over a 1/4 of the ppl that own x-box (closer to half or 3/4, actually according to the vast amount of ppl I know that regret buying their 360 and only use it for mods) are modders and cheaters, and don't deserve to play online