PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Operations Practice Mode

Lateralus_14
10-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Even though I don't even have PF yet, I've already thought of a feature that I think would be a valuable addition to the game.

A carrier operations practice mode. Similar to the Quick Mission Builder, but designed specifically to practice carrier takeoffs and landings.

You would be able to select the carrier on which you will operate, your aircraft, the time of day, the weather conditions, the wind direction and speed, and the speed and direction of the carrier itself. There would be only one map, which would consist but nothing but open ocean.

As an alternative, there might be a more comprehensive Practice Mode. In addition to being able to operate from a carrier, one could operate from a land airfield. There would be a practice range nearby with lots of junked aircraft and vehicles which pilots could strafe, rocket and bomb. Maybe include a series of lights and flags to mark off a rough landing pattern, assisting novice pilots in practicing takeoffs and landings.

Good idea or no? Thoughts? Ideas?

Lateralus_14
10-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Even though I don't even have PF yet, I've already thought of a feature that I think would be a valuable addition to the game.

A carrier operations practice mode. Similar to the Quick Mission Builder, but designed specifically to practice carrier takeoffs and landings.

You would be able to select the carrier on which you will operate, your aircraft, the time of day, the weather conditions, the wind direction and speed, and the speed and direction of the carrier itself. There would be only one map, which would consist but nothing but open ocean.

As an alternative, there might be a more comprehensive Practice Mode. In addition to being able to operate from a carrier, one could operate from a land airfield. There would be a practice range nearby with lots of junked aircraft and vehicles which pilots could strafe, rocket and bomb. Maybe include a series of lights and flags to mark off a rough landing pattern, assisting novice pilots in practicing takeoffs and landings.

Good idea or no? Thoughts? Ideas?

PatrickjAk
10-21-2004, 02:04 AM
i was thinkin that it would have been nice to have a short demo that would just be to practice carrier landings while we wait for the game...but alas, that didnt happen. anyways you should be able to do all that with that full mission builder.