PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Rank XP system.

TxdoHawk
11-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Ubisoft:

I really like some aspects of your rank system. The XP penalty for an unbalanced match is one of these things. However, I think the penalty should only apply to the dominating team. It seems at the moment the penalty applies as much to the beaten down team as it does the team that handed out the beating. This change would still discourage team stacking without penalizing the people who have to suffer through 10-minute matches of being dominated.

Goliath.Ubi.Dev
11-22-2006, 08:48 AM
We had that in Lockdown but then we realised that people would just create imbalanced teams to *power level* a character.

We basicly just eliminated alot of experience exploits to keep the playing field even.

Right now you are rewarded for playing the game and time invested....not performancehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xboingox
11-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Question for you then. I played TH several times last night. A couple of times the team cleared the map, and I got 100 points experience. Great, awesome.

However, the times we didn't clear the map, we didn't get anything (or at least there was no message saying so). So am I gaining any experience AT ALL, even if my team doesn't clear the map?

If you are rewarding people for playing the game and time invested, then not gaining at least some experience every time I play (even if it's just a small amount of points, like 25 or something, behind the scenes) is eventually going to make me want to jump around quite a bit trying to find a team who will clear the map better then 50% of the time, instead of sticking with a group of guys who I'm having fun with, but not gaining any experience at all because we can't finish a map for whatever reason.

I was just wondering if I am gaining experience for playing every time (behind the scenes), or just when I complete a TH with my team.

RawKryptonite
11-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Goliath.<b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">Ubi[/b].Dev:
We had that in Lockdown but then we realised that people would just create imbalanced teams to *power level* a character.

We basicly just eliminated alot of experience exploits to keep the playing field even.

Right now you are rewarded for playing the game and time invested....not performancehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Amen brother.