PDA

View Full Version : Estimated Date for Addon release

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Just curious to the estimated date of the addon release and will it cover all theaters. Since they are building Jap planes will we be able to do carrier landings and take offs. It has been my goal to create missions that emulate historical missions. So that when my squad got together we could fly them.

Bear

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Just curious to the estimated date of the addon release and will it cover all theaters. Since they are building Jap planes will we be able to do carrier landings and take offs. It has been my goal to create missions that emulate historical missions. So that when my squad got together we could fly them.

Bear

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Well, quite a few of the aircraft seem to be complete, so its all in Oleg's hands. I should think the new update will be aircraft only, so some of the new planes may be held back to correspond with a new retail release that may arrive later, with new maps. It will NOT cover all theatres such as North Africa, but will have (probably) two new maps- the western front and perhaps the pacific. However, contrary to popular belief, I think that the Zero will actually be used for a Russian vs. Japanese campaign, due to the need for many other aircraft to be modelled for a pacific (USvsJapan) campaign. But...who knows?

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:42 PM
^ I don't know, we already got a good amount of USAF aircraft, not to mention a lot more to come (P-38, etc). If we are extremely lucky maybe we will find out the tenative release date within a couple of weeks.

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ T-Bred B
Epox 8K9AI
PC2100 512MB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
Game Theater XP w/ Sony MHC-BX6AV

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Hope they include Fievel's spitfire!! Oh my!

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Quake, the trouble is IMO that the aircraft used in the Pacific were quite different from those used in the West. For example, the Corsair, Hellcat, Wildcat and TBF would all HAVE to be modelled. It would also require a new takeoff landing system with carriers (with rolling decks), tailhooks and short takeoffs. But as I said before... who knows?

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:22 PM
^ Yea to tell you the truth I don't know the Pacific theater too much (though I'm familiar with the a/c you listed, and other jap a/c), but didn't US use P-39s and P-40s in the Pacific? Just a question. I do agree about the take-off/landing system, but maybe that could be built in over time. For the meantime those a/c can be used online, on some of those island maps.

Epox 8K9AI
PC2100 512MB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
Game Theater XP w/ Sony MHC-BX6AV 5.1 surround sound

Message Edited on 08/12/0312:23PM by Quake897

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Quake897 wrote:didn't US use P-39s and P-40s in the Pacific?
The US Army Air Force did use the P39 and P40 in the Pacific early in the war (1941/1942) until better aircraft such as the P38 turned up. Perhaps we'll be seeing an early pacific war campaign. As you said the planes could be used online until the carrier system was ready. I'm not an expert on the pacific theatre, but apart from Henderson Field and some other airfields, I think most major aircraft operations were from aircraft carriers.

To be able to fare well,
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:38 PM
^ Yep, most of the aircraft were operated from aircraft carriers. Also the P-38 is finished (or almost finished) so it can be delivered with Jap planes.

Epox 8K9AI
PC2100 512MB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB
Game Theater XP w/ Sony MHC-BX6AV 5.1 surround sound

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Just to get me up to speed on what is and isn't proper this week ...

is *everyone* comfortable with the term ...

"Jap?"

Falcon

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif