PDA

View Full Version : Engine overheat 109E

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 11:39 AM
The 109E on manual engine control seems to overheat very quickly. Set to 80% power and 95% prop pitch it's only a matter of seconds to overheat. Just what settings does this engine need to run cool....also I have radiator open full.
Another question: No matter what setting (neutral, advantage, disadvantage) is set in quick mission builder the enemy aircraft always start with greater elevation. I cannot get advantage at start. Why?

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 11:39 AM
The 109E on manual engine control seems to overheat very quickly. Set to 80% power and 95% prop pitch it's only a matter of seconds to overheat. Just what settings does this engine need to run cool....also I have radiator open full.
Another question: No matter what setting (neutral, advantage, disadvantage) is set in quick mission builder the enemy aircraft always start with greater elevation. I cannot get advantage at start. Why?

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 11:48 AM
For the E it's important not to exceed the 3000rpm mark - especilly on dives. Few secs over these 3000rpm causes serious engine damage

For the E-model have always an eye on the RPM-Gauge. Stay below 3000rpm, better said not over 2800rpm. For cooling down, with opened cooler try ca.2000-2300rpm.

http://www.geocities.com/kimurakai/SIG/262_01011.jpg

"Kimura, tu as une tĂÂȘte carĂ©e comme un sale boche!"

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 12:35 PM
That seems to do the trick...need to remap the engine power to keyboard from the CH Flightstick Pro....since I'm left handed......

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Like the gentleman said, keep an eye on your revs. You are not overheating, but overreving the engine. You need to change your prop pich setting down when diving and back up when climbing. Need to balance throttle and pitch settings. Takes a little while to get used to, but it's variable speed prop, not a constant speed or automatic one like others.