PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed III - American Civil War

blueobelix
04-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Maybe i'm exagerating, maybe it's JUST a fantasy draw bot you HAVE to see this :
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0047/1052/files/DSC_0971_grande.jpg?307

elvindrummer
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
I just saw this off ubi too. I don't think it is real I think it is just fan art or something they own. Doesn't look like the same artist as teh game artist.

Still it is pretty cool!

blueobelix
04-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Mhm, well we'll see at E3.. it seems they will tell us news on E3... and still
i'm pretty sure that the next monday with volt will bring us other leaks

elvindrummer
04-19-2011, 03:12 PM
yea I have been telling a lot of people that too, that each year they announce stuff at E3. I'll be sad if they don't say anything.

I just don't think american civil war because there would be nothing to climb and they are skipping a huge gap in history.

PurpleHaze1980
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I somehow don't think an American Civil War setting fits the stealth, free running, obstacle climbing, melee combat type of setup that really is the essence of the game.

I'd be worried that if they were going to have a game in this direction it would be cannon missions gallore and easy stealth Assassination with Guns.

Btw...the art on this DOES seem wrong (as someone mentioned above). And the head seems somewhat out of proportion like it's been pasted or painted over to hide something beneath. (I did notice the blade coming through the glove, lol. Nice touch!)

DarthDeva
04-19-2011, 07:08 PM
This had been posted on the forums the moment Volt posted it. If you read the comments, our robot friend mentions that it's part of the Carte Blanche project.
Seriously, Ubiworkshop don't work directly on the games, they provide tie in merchandise

freeze131
04-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Apparently there's going to be news of a new game in May.

BeCk41
04-20-2011, 02:31 AM
A probability it is Fan Art.

elvindrummer
04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by PurpleHaze1980:
I somehow don't think an American Civil War setting fits the stealth, free running, obstacle climbing, melee combat type of setup that really is the essence of the game.

I'd be worried that if they were going to have a game in this direction it would be cannon missions gallore and easy stealth Assassination with Guns.

Btw...the art on this DOES seem wrong (as someone mentioned above). And the head seems somewhat out of proportion like it's been pasted or painted over to hide something beneath. (I did notice the blade coming through the glove, lol. Nice touch!)

yea the head looks like ezios for AC2 like pasted on lol.

ScreaminEagle
04-21-2011, 07:48 AM
AC serie is based on:
- templars/masonic enemies
- stealth/free running/conspiration

the only time span in Usa that fits those requirements is XX-XXI century.
I dont think Ubisoft will make such a giant leap from XV century.
The perfect locations IMHO are XVII-XVIII France, XIX U.K.
South America, Africa or Asia dont fit the AC gameplay.

del140904084401
04-23-2011, 01:40 AM
I agree i think they will tie in the us civil war but more in a msg from 16 slash puzzle way or project legacy thing, france, england etc... we have to have large cities, tall buildings multiple levels of curruption between church and monarchy, and civil war is to large of a gap at least for the next installment i think it would be good later on even if it was just psp, ds game, plus everytime i turn on the damn tv sherlock holmes is on!!! but i love france, italy throw in fencing

CarbonShield2
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I think it should be altairs son Darim. I think it Should take place in the crusades with Darim. I mean Darim is the son of Altair. The Most AMAZING Assassin ever. Desmond has to learn more skills so since he finished with all of Altairs life. He also has books altair made so its more Revalation. We will find out more about altair, Therefore learn about the apple. The civil war would not make sense because the assassins get to many guns. We might have the same weapons possibly a few more, but it would get too easy. ACR is really easy. Adding anymore weapons would make the game too easy. In AC 2 it was stealthier and harder to perform an assassination. In ACR i felt you could kill a guy too easy. So subtracting weapons would make the game better. Assassin's Creed 1=Best Assassin's Creed
maybe 2 is better but i like Altair. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

SaintPerkele
12-04-2011, 07:38 PM
That painting was made as part of a Ubiworkshop-project where different concept artists were asked to create Assassins in a time period of their choice (fun to look at, Egyptian assassins, space assassins, cowboy assassins, Victorian assassins, Chinese assassins...), so no, this is not official concept art and definitely not a leak.

By the way, I also doubt that there will be an AC set in American Civil War for several reasons (weapons, cities etc). Shooters are made for these historical events.

Razrback16
12-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I'd like to see us go to France next.

Six_Gun
12-06-2011, 10:55 PM
LOL, why not Assassin's Creed 10: Hoods in the Hood. They'll have devolved into gang bangers wearing hoodies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

bajsmannen98
03-02-2012, 03:49 PM
its real got an email by ubisoft I saw the cover of the game and its an american flag in the background so I think its real

ace3001
03-02-2012, 04:46 PM
its real got an email by ubisoft I saw the cover of the game and its an american flag in the background so I think its real

Woah. Nice bump. Dunno about this particular bit of art, but the next game is indeed in America.

MrKnox122
03-02-2012, 05:41 PM
you know what funny that all US President are Templars -EVIL LAUGH-

DeathbyTaco87
03-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Ok, here's the deal. The fact that it is in the American Revolution is true, due to the fact that GameInformer has released news too early. I guarantee that they will still have freerunning, melee combat, etc. Think of this scenario... After the meeting the colonist had, they needed you to find the Native American costumes that they wore. You must stop at stores in order to get warpaint, clothes, etc. Along the way, you encounter British troops and fight your way back to give the colonists their costumes.Or this...Before Paul Revere goes on his ride, you must clear the way of British troops so he will be safe.

All I'm saying is that it's going to happen. It's in the Revolutionary War and I personally think that it will be interesting to see what they come up with.