PDA

View Full Version : USB Headset. Advantage?



Nicholaiovitch
12-08-2009, 06:57 AM
I want Santa to upgrade my headset from a twin 3.5mm Logitech that is now on the blink.
I have a Soundblaster Extreme that has sockets at the back of my machine, but was thinking of getting a USB headset: I donít want to please a passing bat, just be able to use TS comfortably:-
- Are there any advantages/disadvantages in changing to USB?
- Any technical issues?
- Can anyone give a recommendation from personal experience?
- Budget up to 40Euros (I think that is what Santa offered)

Many thanks in advance
Nicholaiovitch http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KG26_Alpha
12-08-2009, 07:11 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...forum_scope=49310655 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=usb+headset&use_forum_scope=on&forum_scope=49310655)

Nicholaiovitch
12-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Many thanks....I did not read through the 18 pages but it did answer my questions.
Will stick with a 3.5mm plug headset as I need all sound through headset to avoid disturbing the other half!
Any recommendations as to make or model? Any to avoid?
Must have thin enough band to clip my TR/IR Pro onto it.
Nicholaiovitch

x6BL_Brando
12-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I've been using this one from Creative (http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=865&product=16337&listby=) for nearly a year now. I managed to secure my Vector clip to the headband using a couple of small cable ties threaded between the padding and the band. That hasn't moved since I secured it.
It's comfortable, has a good sound range, and the removable mike boom is also fully flexible. It's fairly cheap but good quality, I recommend it.

B

gizmo60
12-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by x6BL_Brando:
I've been using this one from Creative (http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=865&product=16337&listby=) for nearly a year now. I managed to secure my Vector clip to the headband using a couple of small cable ties threaded between the padding and the band. That hasn't moved since I secured it.
It's comfortable, has a good sound range, and the removable mike boom is also fully flexible. It's fairly cheap but good quality, I recommend it.

B

Same here, and the other half can still watch X Factor in peace.

Only issue I have is the ear cups are a tad small, or I have big ears which is more likely.

Cheers

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I've been using a Plantronics DSP500 for years with no issues, it allows the game sounds on the pc speakers and comms on the headset, never had an issue.

KG26_Alpha
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Nicholaiovitch:
Many thanks....I did not read through the 18 pages but it did answer my questions.
Will stick with a 3.5mm plug headset as I need all sound through headset to avoid disturbing the other half!
Any recommendations as to make or model? Any to avoid?
Must have thin enough band to clip my TR/IR Pro onto it.
Nicholaiovitch

I looked USB but didnt find any to match my Speedlink Medusa 5.1 with separate amp as the usb version are not as loud.

http://techgage.com/article/sp...nd_sennheiser_hd555/ (http://techgage.com/article/speedlink_medusa_51_and_sennheiser_hd555/)

WhiteSnake_76
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
I've been using a Plantronics DSP500 for years with no issues, it allows the game sounds on the pc speakers and comms on the headset, never had an issue.

Thats something you can do with a Realtek HDA Onboard Audio with any headset, game sounds over the speakers, and Team Speak over the Headset.

Nicholaiovitch
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Very many thanks for all your input chaps.
I think the "Creative" has the edge and I also have their speakers which have done well.

Nicholaiovitch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif