PDA

View Full Version : GHOST RECON 3 - PC WISH LIST

Operative47
05-19-2005, 12:19 AM
This is your chance to tell ubi what you wanna see in GR3, so go ahead and wish away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif.

Ed_1
05-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Better graphics..lol..
PhysX support, realistic ballistics, realistic movment.. .. uhh just keep it as realistic as possible..

sls1aw
05-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Might as well just read the GR2 section for suggestions

bozibozic
05-19-2005, 02:25 AM
I wanna see a ghost recon game. Go back towards the tactical gameplay with stealth AND aassaults. I know i would find it challenging to stealth it up in the desert style landscape of Mexico. I also wanna see a customization of weapons and uniforms.

Mx21
05-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Just make it realistic. None of this run and gun mess..

Doppel.pxs.sgtm
05-19-2005, 05:25 AM
We prefer squad-based tactical games with non-urban and urban environments using realistic weapons. Realism should be reflected in the flexibility to turn on and off such items as respawns, sensors, threat indicators, etc. We would like a srong anti-cheat program included, but we realize that would soon be overcome.

We desire a strong program for creating our own missions/mods/maps...stronger than IGOR. This is one reason GR1 has survived.

There is a need to allow large groups of multi-players...9 (squad) to 18 players or more.

How about the ability to call in air or artillery strikes?

I personally question the need for medics, or the ability to drive vehicles.

Thanks for the opportunity.

t3KSpook
05-19-2005, 07:13 AM
My only wish ist that Ghost Recon 3 will be released for the PC.

Spook

del180902070254
05-19-2005, 03:58 PM
I wish that GR3 will have all the gameplay charateristics of the original ghost recon on PC.

I wish that there will not be a reliance on high tech gadgets.

I wish that theres replays

I wish their will be a bare minimum of 24 players server capacity, preferably 36+.

I wish that you can select alpha bravo and charlie teams rather than 1 group of super heros.

I wish that there is a stand alone server version.

I wish that you can use a console to type in commands and give us more freedoms in the setup of mutiplayer such as in HL2 based games.

NOTE: I say type in commands as an accesorry to the original GR1 GUI interface. Also typing in rcon commands allows you to use mods that give u a GUI to make use of these commands rather than typing them in. See MANI ADMIN MOD PLUGIN for a great example of this.

LastRevenant
05-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Realistic, tactical first person shooter that ain't a simpel port.

balamir
05-20-2005, 09:58 AM
I wish to have the old game GR with no glitch and no bug (like invulnerability in holes).

I wish GR3 will have better visual perspective than GR (like I don't see you but you can kill me...).

I wish to have the old GR with new map and not so much restyling.

I wish GR3 will be out tomorrow...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I wish that someone would read our wish...

I wish GR3 will include an anti-cheat software.

AlphaDelta219
05-20-2005, 07:43 PM
1. For GR3 to be released.
2. Not to even smell like a console game.
3. Have less urban combat as urban combat sucks because its been done to death.

MiRaGe..
05-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I wish that UBI would take notice to the GR community with regards to the development to GR3.

BSR_Dude
05-21-2005, 10:59 PM
I wish that none of you fine folks drives off a cliff after GR3/PC is either 1) canceled or 2) Ravenshield-ized.

What's w/the urban stuff? Vilnius, Polling Center and Embassy rocked. That's 3 maps out of close to 50. Stick w/what sold well the first time out. If any of you UBI rocket scientists needs any pointers, I'm here to school ya on what we want.

CDN_Angus
05-21-2005, 11:57 PM
You said Raven http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

BSR_Dude
05-22-2005, 02:00 AM
I wanted to make my point perfectly clear. We all know the real title was Gheyvenshield.

UT_SRS
05-22-2005, 02:25 AM
My only wish is that it WILL BE RELESED!

AlphaDelta219
05-22-2005, 11:12 AM
CQB has been done too much, CQB like the original GR was the best CQB outside of the original R6 games.(1 and 2) Red Square was also good. Because you couldnt go into every single building it made it harder for people to camp and there was more moving around.

BSR_Dude
05-22-2005, 11:19 PM
What alot of you are saying was GR Classic had a great balance of gameplay.

No thanks necessary, I'm here to translate for UBI. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fury23
05-24-2005, 02:33 PM
My GR3 PC Wishlist:

- Genuine, GR1 type of gameplay and tactics (NO ARCADE ELEMENTS) --> See all the Coca Cola/ Ghost Recon classic signatures!
- REPLAYS (of vital importance for the muliplayer part of the game)
- GR3 PC demo being released (before or if not possible shortly after official game release)
- Server sided options to be able to turn on/off things like Weapon View/ Kit restrictions etc.
- GR3 actualy being released for PC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif
- GR3 PC being released without any major delays.
- GRIN.Inc (GR3 PC developer) communicating with the GR PC community and actualy implementing things in the game that we all support on these forums.

HS_Silent-Scope
06-13-2005, 10:17 PM
no run n gun better graphics

SU_uZeal
06-13-2005, 11:00 PM
original gr1 style gameplay

replays

no iff names included so they cant be made into a cheat

good graphics, lighting

new maps and old maps ported in or remade perferably

Handy5432102004
06-14-2005, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doppel.pxs.sgtm:
I personally question the need for medics, or the ability to drive vehicles.QUOTE]

Dude, if you want vehicles and medics, go play battlefield 2 or joint ops. I dont want this turning into a combat simulation. All I want is first-person-no-weapon-view, 6-9 guys that you can switch to whenever you want, a little blood if it's gonna be rated M, and all the old weapons along with the new ones.

davidz021
06-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Handy5432102004:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doppel.pxs.sgtm:

Dude, if you want vehicles and medics, go play battlefield 2 or joint ops. I dont want this turning into a combat simulation. All I want is first-person-no-weapon-view, 6-9 guys that you can switch to whenever you want, a little blood if it's gonna be rated M, and all the old weapons along with the new ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Handy, why don't you take time to READ Doppel's comment before attacking him? he SPECIFICALLY wrote: "I personally question the need for medics, or the ability to drive vehicles."

CDN_Angus
06-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by davidz021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Handy5432102004:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doppel.pxs.sgtm:

Dude, if you want vehicles and medics, go play battlefield 2 or joint ops. I dont want this turning into a combat simulation. All I want is first-person-no-weapon-view, 6-9 guys that you can switch to whenever you want, a little blood if it's gonna be rated M, and all the old weapons along with the new ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Handy, why don't you take time to READ Doppel's comment before attacking him? he SPECIFICALLY wrote: "I personally question the need for medics, or the ability to drive vehicles." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No kidding, and he is also always the first one to call others flamers.

Handy5432102004
06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah that's me. Criticizing him. Sorry if I made a simple mistake. In no way was I criticizing him. And I'm a flamer? I'm the one who tried to calm things down between me and you angus but you just had to throw more gasoline on the fire didnt you? Was I yelling at the guy? No. It's just so annoying having people rip on me for simple friggin mistakes. Oh and so I wasnt in the military so I dont know anything. Big deal. This is just a game and people are arguing over stupid sh*t.

CDN_Angus
06-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry if I made a simple mistake.
Please try to remember that when others make mistakes.

In no way was I criticizing him.
What about your comment telling him to go play BF2 or Joint Ops? Yes that was criticizing.

I'm the one who tried to calm things down between me and you angus but you just had to throw more gasoline on the fire didnt you?
Calm what down??? I have no idea what you are talking about. If you see my correcting misquotes on your behalf as attacks then that is only an issue on your end.

It's just so annoying having people rip on me for simple friggin mistakes.
Kinda like you just did to the guy above? Once again, pot calling the kettle black.

Oh and so I wasnt in the military so I dont know anything.
If you wouldn't get upset everytime someone disagrees with you, or claim that you know more then everyone else like you initially did, you would probably get along better with everyone else on these forums.

This is just a game and people are arguing over stupid sh*t.
Correct!

WhiteKnight77
06-14-2005, 07:49 PM
I ain't going to correct anyone, I am just going to say, everyone needs to a step back and regroup. Read a post a bit more carefully to keep errors in replying from happening. I know it is hard to infer tone from the written word, but sometimes it is plain as day.

Everyone wants a good GR1 sequel and wants something that they can play with their buds with most of us all wanting the same thing.

Be cool and try not to get into big pissing contests. It just isn't worth it.

Thunderpants1
06-15-2005, 05:50 AM
I think everyone just needs a cool, refreshing drink of egg nog! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

ROTTWEILER.
06-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Customizable kits would be nice. Be able to mix and match rifles, pistols, grenades and whatever other combination of sensors, explosives and so on. Would be nice to have every weapon available for selection with a simple upper limit of how many items can be carried by a soldier at one time.

SirBrass
06-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Mx21:
Just make it realistic. None of this run and gun mess..

agreed. leave the run'n'gun mess to ONE of many multiplayer possibilites (or just leave it alone. I play HALO to do run'n'gun. I play Rvs and GR for squad-based tactical cs and battlefield combat). This game's appeal is in realistic squad-based battlefield combat. If you make it run'n'gun, then you lose this title's unique appeal. If you (UBI) are going to make this run'n'gun, then we shouldn't waste our money on GR3, but go out, get HALO for PC and frag it up on the servers.

STAT_RANGER
06-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Max realism as far as battle damage
good weapons effects.
large multi player capabilities
good variety of weapons
no auto reticle locking on target like rainbow six
diversified maps some urban and some in the non urban parts of mexico.

EasyCo
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Be able to enter buildings.

RS--Ghost
06-28-2005, 04:32 AM
We all know the real title was Gheyvenshield.
now what the H"#(/ do you mean http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

and my wish for GR 3 is that they should have forst person with view of the wepon!!!!!

del180902070254
06-28-2005, 04:45 AM
if this games SP is entirely in a city then we HAVE to be able to enter buildings, not just 1 or 2, but as many as possible. otherwise MP games will just get the "corridor effect" and wont offer anything special.

Kurtz_
06-28-2005, 06:05 AM
Exactly. Lots of rooms with windows, and access to rooftops. Then MP would be like real urban fighting, having to check alleys, windows, roofs. The 360 degree battlefield.

sneaky_sniper79
06-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Wouldn't indoor combat be intruding on the gameplay of the Rainbow Six series? Suddenly the different Clancy franchises wouldn't be as diverse .

Kurtz_
06-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Where Rainbow 6 was almost all inside and GR was almost all outside, given that GR 3 appears to be all urban, you need some interior for variety. They can't build interiors for every building, but, certain key buildings like in GR and some roof access like Embassy.

combine_minion
07-08-2005, 02:42 PM
1) Good amount of people in a server but not too big of maps or too many people.

2) Low system specs for people with low end systems.

3) Realistic.

4) Havok physics engine like half life 2.

fenris01
07-08-2005, 03:47 PM
GR3 wishlist:
better graphics engine and full-screen anti-aliasing to smooth characters and environments. R6 3 had a very nice graphics engine and some very clean looking environments.

better sound effects for weapons and explosions. Better sound propagation through interior and exterior spaces. Better sound propagation over greater distances.

customizable kits, weapons and weapons accessories, uniforms, and body armor? Like this in R6, missed it in GR1.

keep dynamic planning/command interface and map.

keep ability to command several squads.

AI needs to be better at finding and using cover.

CQB has been a bit overdone, lets see more nice outdoor maps or large mixed indoor/outdoor maps.

more environmental effects: vehicles explode with debris physics, fires burn, better volumetric effects for smoke and explosions, craters form from explosions, concrete pits and chips when shot, tree limbs split and shatter when shot, a few things like this so that the environment is more immersive. (this isn't too crucial but a few small effects could go a long way)

need to be able to climb more environmental elements, towers, rocks, buildings, into and throughout vehicles. I feel a little limited on where I can position my snipers from time to time.

Well this is my two cents worth for the time being. Hopefully we will see a synthesis of all the elements that make redstorm tactical simulations great in GR3. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Mx21
07-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Just make it as realistic as possible.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

apollo104
07-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by RS--Ghost:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We all know the real title was Gheyvenshield.
now what the H"#(/ do you mean http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

and my wish for GR 3 is that they should have forst person with view of the wepon!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take your GR2 avatar and go to the console forums. Typical of the 'XBOXer' you spelled 'first' wrong. Moreover your wish is stupid. And I wish for NO First Person gun view. That cancels yours out, and the rest of the people here are smart, and will wish the same as me, so you LOSE!!!

[/rant]

Mx21
07-09-2005, 07:55 AM
He can post where ever he wants. Also, playing games mainly on a PC doesn't in *anyway* make you superior to console gamers. So keep your typical Xboxer nonsense to yourself, 'cos you're not superior to me in anyway just because I prefer the ease of a console to the awkwardness of a PC.

ZA_Corax
07-09-2005, 10:56 AM
He can post where ever he wants. Also, playing games mainly on a PC doesn't in *anyway* make you superior to console gamers. So keep your typical Xboxer nonsense to yourself, 'cos you're not superior to me in anyway just because I prefer the ease of a console to the awkwardness of a PC.

Actually PC gamers are far superior to current console gamers (maybe in several more years when the console is more like the PC, then maybe), and by the way this is a well known fact. Hardcore gamers spawned off from the PC environment, this was the generation that grew up with C64, PET, Texas Instruments, Atari, Apple IIc etc...

Years later M$ (Vole) as an example realized the potential for this type of market, hence M$ tailored a system to almost mimic the PC, in-turn opening up the market, they invisioned an accessible medium, for obvious reasons, and to no surprise they've suceeded, they unveil the XBox.

For you to rant about your discomfort is a bit amusing, we all know that PC technology evolves every 6 months... but consoles if your lucky will evolve every 4-5 years. A majority of gaming innovations comes from the PC market... just like any other money making schemes the innovators are usually closely followed by copycats.

It's obvious that the console has now entered a new mainstream... hence the big push during E3 2005 for the next generation. Do you remember when they first released the XBox, M$ lost money the first few years, prices eventually dropped, soon after M$ pushed their marketing. Hence the birth of the 'XBox fanboi'!

I have to admit the console has an appeal. I'm just glad to see that some of us is able to resist Vole's embrace.

Oh ya, for my GR:AW wish; GRIN give us PC gamers some luv!

Mx21
07-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Console gamers don't deserved to be treated with any less respect than PC gamers. Simple as that. PC gamers who look down on console gamers are pathetic little individuals. If any mouthy PC nerd who has never gotten laid in his life ever talked down to me because I play mainly on console, I'm gonna tell him where to get off.

BSR_Dude
07-09-2005, 02:20 PM
If any mouthy PC nerd who has never gotten laid in his life ever talked down to me because I play mainly on console, I'm gonna tell him where to get off.

There ya go moving your mouth w/out engaging your brain. I'm a "PC nerd" and I played in rock bands for years. I had more trim than most people have in their lives. I was a long hair pretty boy that the biatches loved.

Maybe you better rephrase your statement, son.

CDN_Angus
07-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Simple as that. PC gamers who look down on console gamers are pathetic little individuals.
People arguing over the internet are pathetic. Simple as that.

kanix357
07-09-2005, 03:18 PM
LOL, I hate conosle gaming, not gamers. I hate the fps on those games it is so dumb, stupid control.

LOL Dude i work on the pc, my life is pc, thats where i make my bucks, so i play on pc. But when xbox 360 comes out, if it has mouse and keyboard support ill probably play it, the graphics look dope on that bad boy.

Mx21
07-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BSR_Dude:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mx21:
If any mouthy PC nerd who has never gotten laid in his life ever talked down to me because I play mainly on console, I'm gonna tell him where to get off.

There ya go moving your mouth w/out engaging your brain. I'm a "PC nerd" and I played in rock bands for years. I had more trim than most people have in their lives. I was a long hair pretty boy that the biatches loved.

Maybe you better rephrase your statement, son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My post wasn't aimed at the likes of you unless you look down on console gamers, and I won't be rephrasing anything.

Mx21
07-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by CDN_Angus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mx21:
Simple as that. PC gamers who look down on console gamers are pathetic little individuals.
People arguing over the internet are pathetic. Simple as that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why are you doing it?

CDN_Angus
07-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Then why are you doing it? I'm not, I am stating a fact.

BSR_Dude
07-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Please extrapolate.

CDN_Angus
07-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Please extrapolate. http://home.insightbb.com/~krobb7/wit17.gif

BSR_Dude
07-09-2005, 11:43 PM
I thought that might be the answer.

Mx21
07-10-2005, 04:26 AM
Even though I hate PC fanboys, I'm gonna apologize for my offensive rant. Even though I hate the PC gamers who are stuck up, I'm sorry if I offended some of the good ones. I'm also a PC gamer myself, as well as a console gamer.

Cheers.

apollo104
07-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Well jeez I didn't mean to ruffle that many feathers. I even used the consolese bbcode to communicate. Did it not translate?

I was merely trying to say that if you don't like the core component of the Ghost Recon series, play a different game, don't try to consolize this one.
I'll even make a kind and productive suggestion. Go buy Battlefield 2, you'll love it.

(Oh that's right, it's PC only... that's what you get you noob. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif )

BSR_Dude
07-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Even though I hate PC fanboys, I'm gonna apologize for my offensive rant. Even though I hate the PC gamers who are stuck up, I'm sorry if I offended some of the good ones. I'm also a PC gamer myself, as well as a console gamer.

Cheers.

I hear ya. I often hear rants exactly like yours from both sides. Here's the funny part: You sound exactly like the PC "fanbois" that you state that you hate. Kinda funny huh? Ironic even.

Squall_Rifleman
07-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by apollo104:
Well jeez I didn't mean to ruffle that many feathers. I even used the consolese bbcode to communicate. Did it not translate?

I was merely trying to say that if you don't like the core component of the Ghost Recon series, play a different game, don't try to consolize this one.
I'll even make a kind and productive suggestion. Go buy Battlefield 2, you'll love it.

(Oh that's right, it's PC only... that's what you get you noob. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif )
Alright, let's make something clear here...
The console gamers who played the original GR on their respective consoles and liked it are obviously not responsible for the "consolized" version of GR (a.k.a. GR2), much less the way the series is being taken.

I don't think I have to explain that to you, but consoles hold the mainstream of gamers, and that's why developers are focusing on this audience and transforming more complex franchises into something that will attract more casual and younger players.

That being the case, why do you think the console gamers who liked the original Ghost Recon are the ones to blame for these changes? They are a minority of console gamers who appreciate the genre, they're not the ones who would prefer a more "action-packed" game, otherwise they wouldn't have bought and enjoyed the original game. They're the ones who, like us, wanted a sequel to GR rather than a practically new franchise.
They are not the ones to blame - the mainstream is.

So please, quit the "go play your console and leave us superior PC gamers alone" attitude.
Take a look at the GR3 Console forum. You will notice that even though some of them might want something (slightly) different of what we want, the biggest part of them want the exact same thing.

P.S. Jesus Christ, Rugg, leave these guys alone...

BSR_Dude
07-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Squall_Rifleman:

P.S. Jesus Christ, Rugg, leave these guys alone...

You might wanna read this thread again...............I'm not the one that started this console BS.

Get off me.

Mx21
07-10-2005, 03:41 PM

Cheers.

I hear ya. I often hear rants exactly like yours from both sides. Here's the funny part: You sound exactly like the PC "fanbois" that you state that you hate. Kinda funny huh? Ironic even. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah well I'm ashamed of my rant. I usually don't let myself drop down to those levels, but fanboys just really annoy the hell out of me.

apollo104
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
My point is that not all the console users are trying to make GR a perversed BF2, but that all the people that ARE trying to tinker with GR happen to be from console-land.

I don't mind console gamers. I just want them to leave me, and this game, alone.

buddhiraja
07-11-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by fenris01:
GR3 wishlist:
better graphics engine and full-screen anti-aliasing to smooth characters and environments. R6 3 had a very nice graphics engine and some very clean looking environments.

better sound effects for weapons and explosions. Better sound propagation through interior and exterior spaces. Better sound propagation over greater distances.

customizable kits, weapons and weapons accessories, uniforms, and body armor? Like this in R6, missed it in GR1.

keep dynamic planning/command interface and map.

keep ability to command several squads.

AI needs to be better at finding and using cover.

CQB has been a bit overdone, lets see more nice outdoor maps or large mixed indoor/outdoor maps.

more environmental effects: vehicles explode with debris physics, fires burn, better volumetric effects for smoke and explosions, craters form from explosions, concrete pits and chips when shot, tree limbs split and shatter when shot, a few things like this so that the environment is more immersive. (this isn't too crucial but a few small effects could go a long way)

need to be able to climb more environmental elements, towers, rocks, buildings, into and throughout vehicles. I feel a little limited on where I can position my snipers from time to time.

Well this is my two cents worth for the time being. Hopefully we will see a synthesis of all the elements that make redstorm tactical simulations great in GR3. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey Fenris, excellent points and good first post. Welcome to this forum. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CDN_Angus
07-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by buddhiraja:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fenris01:
Hopefully we will see a synthesis of all the elements that make redstorm tactical simulations great in GR3.

Hey Fenris, excellent points and good first post. Welcome to this forum. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed, except perhaps you weren't aware of it, but GRIN.se are the developers for GR3, only overseen by UBI/RSE. So those effects may differ from what you are thinking about.

DvS.
07-13-2005, 02:26 AM
to make the game as good as GR all you have to do is make it 1st person without seeing the gun just your rets, and keep the map where enemies come up on when your really cloes to them or when you put down a sensor and they are near it, and also keep peeking. If you keep this few factors of the game you will make many ppl that played the first GR and played it since the demo all the way till today like me very happy. If you do that then GR3 Will OWN!!!

weeman111111
07-13-2005, 08:08 AM
I have'nt seen it posted here if it has im sorry

I would like to see punkbuster incorporated into GR3 as im sure most of you know this is used to protect games from cheaters and i feel that it does a pretty good job of it, because from what I understand there was quiet a bad cheat problem within GR1 so this may help to combat it.

Although I did notice someone posted dont include IFF names in the game. Which could also be a good idea.

RS--Ghost
07-18-2005, 06:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RS--Ghost:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We all know the real title was Gheyvenshield.

and my wish for GR 3 is that they should have forst person with view of the wepon!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take your GR2 avatar and go to the console forums. Typical of the 'XBOXer' you spelled 'first' wrong. Moreover your wish is stupid. And I wish for NO First Person gun view. That cancels yours out, and the rest of the people here are smart, and will wish the same as me, so you LOSE!!!

[/rant] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well someone should tell u that u behave like NOOB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
and what the H*** do u know what people want in new GR u have been here only for few weeks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

apollo104
07-18-2005, 12:26 PM
First of all, I've been around since GR1 demo under varying guises. Second, it seems pretty selfish when someone comes along and wants to change the core gameplay characteristics that made Ghost Recon a unique game in the first place. Third, I behave like a noob but I would own you harder than a 2 week old infant falling 12 floors onto pavement.

RS--Ghost
07-18-2005, 01:49 PM
you own me ^^
well you probably own me in super mario on super nitendo but u aint owning me in GR and other ubi games kid http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

apollo104
07-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Laugh it up. ***************
<span class="ev_code_RED">No flaming.</span>

WhiteKnight77
07-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Laugh it up. I f*cked your sister.
Not cool dude.

Y'all should chill a bit.

D.i.C.e
07-18-2005, 04:16 PM

Uncalled for and should be ban for a Month
YEAH!

D.i.C.e
07-18-2005, 04:20 PM
my wish is that UBI find's a Way to fix the
GS4 chat and Lobby system so that all G.R.A.W
players are Under one roof.
and Not all spread out useing A.S.I and GAME SPY.
i seen they took the first step by turning off
the IRC chat,, for good .. THUMS UP on that Move
SUPPORT!!!
and all thats Needed Now is to FIx Her up back into shape.
as for the GAME well i just want my Ghost recon classic Back. but much vicer Grafics..
hehe..

RS--Ghost
07-18-2005, 06:02 PM
well what can u do when children like that think they are so cool find them and beat the **** out of them ooh yes forgot to tell u that the SIG fits u verry well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
<span class="ev_code_RED">No. Flaming.</span>

Le Tigre
07-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Honestly, I hate people sometimes. It really is disgusting.

Don't either of you have something better to do?

WhiteKnight77
07-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Does Cob need to take any action? His banning finger is getting itchy I hear.

apollo104
07-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, Ghost, you can think and say what you want, but you haven't made a single point yet, other than having a go at me about a post that was most obviously not meant seriously. (The consolese one, for those of you that are slow.)Saying that I'm a noob and insinuating that I'm prepubecent proves nothing other than that your mental capacity is about as shallow as a puddle.

Albericht
07-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Would like to see the XM8 in this game. Doesn't know is characteristic yes, but it looks cool and howsome :P. And by the way, why not include also the XM29 OICW, ... Ok it's quite overpowered, and not very SF (got the xm8 inside but also a grenade launcher wich can throw grenade that will explode at a specified distance, imagine : you see one men in a corner of a street, he hidden himself, so no direct shot is possible, so you take your oicw, aim to the corner with the telemetric laser, give one more spare meter, the oicw adjust the aim, you fire in the voide near the corner, and the grenade will explode in the void, at the specified distance "cleaning" the guys wich hidden himself at the corner, without any direct shot. The only problem is : Weight, the xm29 seems to be heavy and so not very special forces axis.

More info on :
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as40-e.htm

GabRaz1981
07-20-2005, 02:04 AM
You probably won't see the XM-29 because it was deemed to heavy and unweildy for the average soldier to lug around. So the program was separated into 2 parts: the OICW increment I and OICW increment II.

As of a few months ago the XM-8 could have been considered the OICW Increment I, but the Army issued a soliciation for a modular rifle to replace the M-16/4; so the XM-8 could possibly never make it into the Army, instead HK can bid their HK416, or FN with their SCAR, RA with the XCR, Cobb with the MCR, and the list goes on.....

The OICW Increment II (XM-25) is basically the air-bursting part of the original XM-29, developed by ATK, it's stand-alone semi-auto grenade launcher firing 25mm grenades instead of 20mm (a shorter version of the 25mm grenades used in the OCSW/ACSW). ATK delivered 6 prototypes to the Army month ago.

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/xm25_0.jpg

Here's a nice thread with a detailed look at "what might be".

http://www.gamegossip.com/forums/showthread.php?s=00b55...d=28792&pagenumber=1 (http://www.gamegossip.com/forums/showthread.php?s=00b5567231b94248687afd15ce5da179&threadid=28792&pagenumber=1)

baff6
07-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Bayonets please, and screaming a battle cry when you use them. As per training.

The king of cqb.
In game terms, a melee attack is a great way to reduce circle strafing and lag dancing in face to face combat.
I would be nice o have a toggle switch to mount and unmount bayonets and a nifty animation.
It could also be used to add differentiation between kit selections.
Some rifles may be equipe with bayonets as standard others may not. The AN94 for example has permanently fitted reversable bayonet.

Last known usuage in combat described here in Iraq

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,28762.0.html

On the modern battlefield, bayonet charges were a decisive battle winner both in the above incident and also at Goose Green in 1982 where they were used to charge the static machine gun positions of the Argentine Commandoes.

I'll try and find some photos of the sa80 with bayonet attached, I'm not sure that the Xm8 has a bayonet attachment and the SA80 lmg and Sa80 with grenade launcher can't fit them.
With most guns the addition of a bayonet is considered to lower the accuracy due to the extra weight on the nose of the rifle and balance. With a bulpup configuration the extra weight could help stabilise it during automatic fire and increase accuracy.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.bayfield/sa80%20bayonet%20larger.jpg
http://www.specwargear.com/images/collector19-1.jpg

WhiteKnight77
07-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Even though I was a winger in the Marines, I have yet to even hear of a bayonet charge by grunts in the Marines much less soldiers or even SF operators since WW2. GR was never about all out war like OFP or arcade action like the BF series. Sure the British used it in Iraq recently, but it is a rarity. GR does not need melee attacks or bayonet charges. I would rather see the devs work on something other than trying ot fit that in.

You would find real SF operations a bore.

baff6
07-20-2005, 10:11 AM
The Americans used bayonets in Iraq also.

The Para's used bayonets to good effect in the above mentioned battle of Goose Green, while the Marines were still hiding in fear in Port Stanley.

One of GR's biggests multiplayer weaknesses was CQB. The addition of bayonets would go along way to address this for my money.

Bayonets are hardly a rarity, they are standard equipment.

P.S. We would all find real real SF operations a bore. Living in a ditch for a month defacating into little plastic bags isn't something I wish to simulate.

WhiteKnight77
07-20-2005, 01:10 PM
The Marines went to Fallujah, but this isn't about Iraq. When I went into the field, I wasn't issued a bayonet, even though I was on guard duty at the time, come ot think of it, neither were the ROK's we were stationed with.

GR was never about CQB to begin with. While there were a few buildings you could go into in GR, the maps were rural with one or 2 buildings at the most that were enterable. It was rural combat in wide open spaces. Yes, there were a few urban areas with CQB, but as a whole, GR wasn't an urban combat game. RSE's CQB based game is Rainbow Six.

SF don't just sit in ditches, they are actually teachers. While they are more involved in direct action nowadays, they still preform the basic mission of teaching others how to fight. They go in and gain the locals trust and set up trining programs. That kind of work has long been the backbone of SF operations since the days of the OSS. SF are trained to do many tasks, not just shoot or kick in doors. As I said, you would find real SF work a bore.

GabRaz1981
07-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Believe it or not, but one of the requests from soldiers in the field to the PEO office for the rapid fielding initiative were Tomahawks (the axe, not the missile). Ouch!

baff6
07-20-2005, 08:52 PM
SF don't just sit in ditches, they are actually teachers.
I was under the impression that NCO's were trainers not special forces.
Not every specialist is a special operative.

It's not really very relevant to game. But sure, you're right, I would find any military career boring. Being in the special forces is not my fantasy.

My recollection of Ghost Recon Rainbow six and Rogue spear greatly differs from yours.

Ghost Recon had three urban elements, the Embassy map and Red Square and Vilnius.
Urban maps were a big favourite on my servers. MBC MBC MBC.
If not THE big favourite.

There were also specific Cqb maps.
For that matter, any rock or bush you are hiding behind becomes a CQB area if there is an enemy on the other side of it.
The sniper was equiped with a pistol specifically for these moments.

Lots of Rogue spear/Rainbow six was not CQB either. There were plenty of outdoor and wilderness maps. From memory the very first map of Rainbow Six is called Congo and is set in the jungle.
The maps were larger in GR simply because computers evolved to have more ram allowing bigger play arenas.

Ghost Recon has plenty of CQB moments. I'm not suggesting to you that the majority of fights closed to melee range, but many still did, the element was there, more so in multiplayer where the enemies, didn't just wait around for you to snipe them from half a mile away.
Going into a hut to flush someone out, missing and reloading, or peek killing Rainbow six style, or charging in on full auto.
These particular moments are perfect bayonet moments. Take it out and slot it on.
When your intention is to overrun an enemy position, or your position is about to be overrun by the enemy, this is when it is deployed.

I'm sorry if you or your ROK mates were never issued bayonets.
I don't know what ROK is or what you were guarding, and I don't suppose it matters. It doesn't sound like you were in any danger of fighting an equal or even superior force.
When I play GR I intend to be playing as an elite army specialist not a ROK or a sentry.

The idea that the U.S. soldiers won't be equiped with them in the game is a good one for me. It adds to the variety of kit choices and tactics available, lending depth to the game.
If we were all the same it would be dull.

You take your kit, I'll take mine and then we'll both be happy.
so when, in game, we meet by suprise on that street corner, or in that trench, you fumble around trying to reload or speed draw your side arm, while I stab you screaming. Or perhaps while I am busy fixing my bayonet to my rifle in prepartion for my charge, you will see me in the distance and pop me while I am unprepared. It's all good.
An element of real infantry combat, simulated in game.

Getting your bayonet stuck up your nose while parading about on guard duty isn't exactly what I had in mind.

Cold steel mate. Screaming as you run. Bloodthirsty efficient killing. Over run it, break their morale and rout them.

WhiteKnight77
07-21-2005, 12:08 AM
R-228 is a little Republic of Korea Army airfield 11 miles from the DMZ (you may want to look that word up). While there is a truce in Korea, the war has never had a formal peace treaty signed. Korea is still technically a warzone, 50+ years after the truce was signed. 3 NK infiltrators were killed less than a mile up the river from the camp at the airfield prior to the camp being set up.

I know that there were some urban maps in GR, but if you notice, the vast majority weren't. Sure there were some that were better for CQB, those were made from the larger maps. Train Wreck is an example of that. For the most part, I rarely hosted Embassy, then again, I and the people I play with prefer Coop games to FFA or TFFA games.

If you really want a bayonet or knife, go play CS and let RSE games have weapons they have alone.

BTW, the very first mission in Rainbow Six is Embassy, not the Congo.

BSR_Dude
07-21-2005, 01:23 AM
No Punkbuster, replays instead. PB lags a server. I know, our squad has had a dedicated server for 5 years. You can tell when PB is authenticating clients and taking screenies, as the lag is unbearable. And that's me w/a 45 ping to the server.

baff6
07-21-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
R-228 is a little Republic of Korea Army airfield 11 miles from the DMZ (you may want to look that word up). While there is a truce in Korea, the war has never had a formal peace treaty signed. Korea is still technically a warzone, 50+ years after the truce was signed. 3 NK infiltrators were killed less than a mile up the river from the camp at the airfield prior to the camp being set up.

3?
Before the airfield was set up?
Not really any danger of getting overrun then was there?
Perhaps if the Million strong North Korean Army had assualted you could have snuck around the edge of the map and sniped them all.

I bet they used bayonets when they were actually fighting in Korea.

I know that there were some urban maps in GR, but if you notice, the vast majority weren't. Sure there were some that were better for CQB, those were made from the larger maps. Train Wreck is an example of that. For the most part, I rarely hosted Embassy, then again, I and the people I play with prefer Coop games to FFA or TFFA games.

As previously noted Wilderness area's still have the potential for CQB, the battle of Goose Green was not an urban Area, for that matter neither was the Somme.
I'm still not trying to convince you that bayonets should be used in every facet of game combat, only that there are circumstance within the game well suited to it. Likewise there are not Tanks in every area of every map, but the game still has AT weapons.
I agree that for co-op play bayonets are rather less useful than in head to head. It is specifically in head to head that I feel they would be innovative.
I prefer co-op too, but I do still play adversarial.

If you really want a bayonet or knife, go play CS and let RSE games have weapons they have alone.

This isn't an RSE game and I am looking for innovation in each new generation of the product.
As far as I know there aren't any bayonets in CS, the only game I have seen them in so far is an Operation Flashpoint mod.
This is a good oportunity for Grin to advance the genre.

BTW, the very first mission in Rainbow Six is Embassy, not the Congo.
I stand corrected.

baff6
07-21-2005, 05:45 AM
No Punkbuster, replays instead. PB lags a server. I know, our squad has had a dedicated server for 5 years. You can tell when PB is authenticating clients and taking screenies, as the lag is unbearable. And that's me w/a 45 ping to the server.
I agree. punkbuster is lame.
Better to play with decent people on an actively administrated server.
I have yet to see a punkbuster game that is not emancipated with cheats anyway.

WhiteKnight77
07-21-2005, 09:31 AM
R228 is a permanant ROK Army airfield. We set upr camp across the road from it. The airfield is actually a part of a system of camps surrounding the airfield. There are infiltrators (spies) from the north killed almost on a daily basis in South Korea. South Koreans shot first and ask questions later.

The point is, people have asked for a knife in GR before and many of us old school GR players don't want one. Slicing a neck isn't as quiet as you think and how ever fun using a knife or bayonet may be for you, it will still make the game something it wasn't. There was a reason why RSE didn't include one to begin with and that reason hasn't changed from the looks of things. GR is about small squad tactics (or at least was, hard to say about this yet). Small squads aren't going to be doing bayonet charges. If you want them so bad, find a dev willing to develop a game featuring British soldiers doing just that.

While GRIN may be doing the developmental work for GR3, it still is an RSE product, just as RvS was even though Ubi Montreal actually did all the work. It still had the RSE red tornado on the box/disk.

baff6
07-21-2005, 07:24 PM
I agree. I don't want a knife either.

The next one will have the Grin logo where the RSE logo used to be.

RSE are still doing the Console version I understood. Probably worng about that, not intrested enough to keep abrest of it.

As for making the game something it wasn't, I certainly hope so.
I am not looking to play the very same game again. I am looking to play an evolved and superior version.

For example Rogue spear added "lean" and sniper weapons to Rainbow six, Ghost recon Added map scale, vehicles and camoflage.
Each time it was an improvement. Gameplay progressed. it was not stagnant.

I want the next genration development more than I want an expansion pack if you catch my drift.

pearcie_no1
07-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey guys it's been like a year since i posted in UBI forums but I'm back!

I just wanna sidetrack for a second off your little arguments just so I can add my wishlist, don't worry, I think it's short.

basically, GR with better graphics

It MUST NOT BE A CONSOLE PORT

No 1st person weapon view

1 Shot, 1 Kill

NO VEHICLES

NO BAYONETS because although they may be issued to soldiers RARELY these days, they are almost never used, except maybe combat knives in some, SOME situations.

More weapons than the 1 or 2 seen in screenshots

LARGE OUTDOOR MAPS JUST LIKE GR

Well that's all from me. Might check back in a years time.

WhiteKnight77
07-22-2005, 12:16 AM
It will still have the RSE Logo on the box, RSE is being consulted by GRIN, just as Ubi Montreal did during RvS development.

BrazenNormalcy
08-03-2005, 02:45 PM
- My preferred type of play has always been a team of friends together against the AI, so that type of play would be neccessary to entice us to upgrade from GR to GR3.
- A more realistic and accurate AI would make play more enjoyable. Meaning, REALISTIC: make the enemy react to what they could actually see and hear (or what buddies see and hear, if they are in radio contact). They shouldn't know exactly where you are hiding behind some wall unless you give that away. ACCURATE: increase the difficulty by having a number of different AIs - cautious enemies and brave enemies and berzerker ones. Give them a PLAN. If a firefight starts on one side of the map, how do they react? There should be assigned positions some would go to, and others would move in squads to the firefight to meet the Ghosts, while still others might begin sweeping their territory for infiltrators.
- Also, what you see should more closely aproximate what is there; if you can see it in your reticle, you should be able to shoot it. Nothing more frustrating than emptying a magazine in carefully aimed shots that hit only a nearby doorway or tree.
- I've never been a fan of "kits". Why couldn't a demo expert carry a certain rifle? Or a couple of hand grendades? I would feel much more comfortable with a weight limit and you just pick items until you reach that limit.
- An integrated voice chat system would also be a help - Team Speak frequently crashes when run with the current incarnation of Ghost Recon and its mods.
- 1st Person is a must; or at least an option for it.
- PC version also a must. I'm never going to buy a bunch of TVs and consoles to have a LAN party with, and the LAN party is half the fun for some of us.

apollo104
08-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Team Speak frequently crashes when run with the current incarnation of Ghost Recon and its mods.

That's because Ghost Recon is trying to tell you to use Ventrilo, which is a better system.

WhiteKnight77
08-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I have no problems running TS and GR together or any other game for that matter.

rovholet
08-07-2005, 03:24 AM
white knight. you have to get over the fact that RSE is NOT doing ghost recon3 for the pc.And im glad. if they were less interested in oiling their weapons and more interested in actually making games...maybe we would have had a ghost recon 2 for the pc...

oh..and for the wishlist...uuh.... i need guns.lots of guns.

Squall_Rifleman
08-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Never had a problem running TeamSpeak 2 or Ventrilo with Ghost Recon, neither with any other game or software. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

WhiteKnight77
08-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by rovholet:
white knight. you have to get over the fact that RSE is NOT doing ghost recon3 for the pc.And im glad. if they were less interested in oiling their weapons and more interested in actually making games...maybe we would have had a ghost recon 2 for the pc...

oh..and for the wishlist...uuh.... i need guns.lots of guns.

This means what?

I know who is developing what version, and who is consulting whom and such. Like I sad, Ubi Montreal developed Raven Shield, but consulted RSE and as I said, the RSE logos were on the box.

That can be seen in the lower left hand corner of this pic:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1063218102-00.jpg

That same logo will be on GRAW.

rovholet
08-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I stand corrected, that Moby Games Advertisment really speaks for itself.

WhiteKnight77
08-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Raven Shield (http://www.mobygames.com/game/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-3-raven-shield/cover-art)

It was there earlier. Still, here you can see all versions of the covers, complete with RSE logo.

kilo-juliet
08-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Back to the topic people.

I wish this game will come out soon and make for a great Christmas gift !

I would also like to see a demo by Thanksgiving time.