PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

iL2fan
12-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Ok so you know how we have alot of restored WWII birds right?

How comes they wont shoot the guns on the plane

?????

will it bring horrible memories to an old guy who flew WWII and give him a heart attack, seizure??

Why wont they fire the guns on the plane?

iL2fan
12-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Ok so you know how we have alot of restored WWII birds right?

How comes they wont shoot the guns on the plane

?????

will it bring horrible memories to an old guy who flew WWII and give him a heart attack, seizure??

Why wont they fire the guns on the plane?

thedude9555
12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
so they dont accidentally shoot the spectators/objects nearby and cause chaos.

Plus, maybe the guns just dont work

Chevy350
12-31-2008, 02:52 PM
because you cant just go flying around shooting machine guns from up in the sky with no idea as to where the bullets could hit. people could easily be killed.

horseback
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Because the vast majority of warbirds are owned by private citizens and most governments are kind of touchy about who has operational automatic weapons, particularly heavy machine guns and cannon.

The very idea of some rich guy flying about with HMGs or rapid firing cannon in his wings would give legions of bureaucrats constipation, indigestion, gas, and a multitude of facial tics.

cheers

horseback

iL2fan
12-31-2008, 03:18 PM
BUT what if they shoot at a big wall then break left/right/ avoiding the wall?

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the FAA would have an issue with it. Also only the military is allowed to have armed aircraft. It's the same reason you can't put a .50cal on you car, the law frowns upon that sort of thing. Also it would be so extremely unsafe to fire that only a child such as yourself would suggest such a thing (no offense intended).

Divine-Wind
12-31-2008, 03:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iL2fan:
Why wont they fire the guns on the plane? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same reasons that reenactors don't fire actual bullets at each other.

Zeus-cat
12-31-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm sure it violates numerous FAA and BATF regulations.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?idno=&reg...and&q3=&rgn3=Section (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?idno=&region=DIV1&type=boolean&c=ecfr&cc=ecfr&sid=5bcbc05fb5990554ed678b43a75c12a7&q1=B-17&rgn1=Section&op2=and&q2=&rgn2=Section&op3=and&q3=&rgn3=Section)

Here is a link to the FAA regulations. I trioed to search on weapons, warbirds and B-17. I either got too many things to look at or too few. Have fun looking.