PDA

View Full Version : AC Brotherhood PC Feedback Thread

kleaneasy
03-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Please post feedback on AC Brotherhood PC in this thread.

To help us gather your feedback please keep all feedback clear, concise and to the point

If reporting an issue please provide as much information as possible including any error messages

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Where posting details of any technical issues remember you should still report the issue to support, even if you think others have already reported the same issue. Their direct weblink is in my signature http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

UPDATE:

Originally posted by ComDevGabe:
Hey there PC-playing Assassins!

We are aware of some players experiencing difficulties redeeming their Special Edition codes for in-game unlockables. We are currently hard at work isolating the root cause and hope to have a resolution soon. In the meanwhile, if you are experiencing such difficulties, please file a ticket with customer support (www.support.ubi.com) so that we can better track this issue.

Thank you very much for your patience!

zainnazir
03-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by liorchk:
i tried downloading the game but i get this error each time
"The file was not found on the server! the build of ubisoft download manager may be out of date. Press Resume on the main window to retry if you think this is a temporary problem "
I clicked resume and the same error popped
i want to download the game what to do??

Serecac
Same problem, always problem downloading games, with HAWX2 i had problem too ...

shop27C171CB8
Tried downloading it from the link given at the e-mail? If yes, try the UbiShop download protocol.
If not, vice versa.

adittza89
so if you pre-order from ubishop you can download the game before the release date?

aziznatour
Originally posted by gravedave:
i looked at steam... there it says that the game will be downloadable in 5 hours... could be this the problem or is it just because i live in italy and the game will be downloadable in my country in 5 hours?

Only way to find out if is has any relevance is waiting for the steam release (which right now is approx. 3 hours away)

Originally posted by shop28836DD77:
@Aziznatour
Try using Internet Explorer...Quick Order Lookup will show the finding result.
I've tried using firefox + chrome, and no result.

You're right! the ubisoft store site seems to work best on Internet Explorer, unfortunately.

Yet the download issue remains.

Originally posted by adittza89:
so if you pre-order from ubishop you can download the game before the release date?

No, you can pre-order but the download will be available on release date, Ubisoft will send you an e-mail that your product is ready for download (if you choose digital) or they will send you tracking information for physical products. In ACB's case, the PC version is released but some of us are having troubles with the download manager.

aziznatour
Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
I have downloaded the game from Ubisoft and it's working as it should.
Not sure why you guys are given such an error.

What did I do?
Went to the page of searching up my order. (Click here to go the page I used!) (https://gc.digitalriver.com/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&Locale=nl_NL&SiteID=ubiemea)
Filled in the ordernumber and the password and clicked on search.
After that I clicked on the "Begin with downloading" button and the download manager started downloading the 13 parts of Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

/EDIT
Make sure you allow your firewall / virusscan and such to allow the connections made from the download manager.

Strange, the download manager I have states 12 parts

http://i53.tinypic.com/2w3w552.jpg

Also, I can't follow your link, it seems for NL users only (I live in Israel)

http://i52.tinypic.com/mb1ytl.jpg

And I cannot seem to be able to log in my account at UbiShop, even though my password is correct

http://i52.tinypic.com/2yopuee.jpg

Therefore I am forced to use findmyorder.com service to view the order page and download information.

>_>

Edit: I turned off Firewall and AVG but the problem continues.

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

aziznatour
@aziznatour,

I do have the Assassin's CreedŽ Brotherhood - Deluxe Digital Edition so the extra 13rd part will be the extra goodies given with the pre-order of the Assassin's CreedŽ Brotherhood - Deluxe Digital Edition.

That makes sense.

Ah, Dutch page, ofcourse.
You should be able to go to that page anyhow by going to Ubishop and clicking on the HELP button near the right top corner.

You do are using an invalid password otherwise the page wouldn't show such a warning.

I am certain the password is correct, yet it wouldn't let me enter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Regarding the error of downloading the game, please contact Ubisoft Support with it.
Could be an corrupt link so you will most likely get a new link to download the game.

I have, they said they are investigating and told me to log into ubishop to review my order, but once again, I can't login

aziznatour
Request a new password? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I changed it like 3 times!

aziznatour
I'm having the same problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif who actually downloaded the game and got it to work?

aziznatour
Reply from support

http://i51.tinypic.com/2aihw1s.jpg

Am I the only one to experience occasional bugs with the website where it renders the source instead of visual page content?

http://i53.tinypic.com/11rf42o.jpg

If I manage to use the "Quick Order Lookup" at UbiShop > Help
I get the following error:

http://i53.tinypic.com/15mitjk.jpg

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Butterung
still does not work

Butterung
I have exactly the same problem as aziznatour and did everything you wrote here,... and have still the same problem

shop28836DD77
@Aziznatour
Try using Internet Explorer...Quick Order Lookup will show the finding result.
I've tried using firefox + chrome, and no result.

I got the exact same email from CS and still no go. Disable the firewall, download manager, AV and also steam and still the file not found error persist.

flatlinerdk
I have the same problem as you, can't get it to work no matter what I do.
But I'm leaving for work soon so I can't work on this myself before in a few days.
If any of you get results please keep this thread updated.

rneoxx84
Tomorrow I'll buy the retail version

rneoxx84
I want my money back!

rneoxx84
we live in italy this is the problem...

rneoxx84
same problem from italy

shopF0FBB24A
Same problem for me.

I live in Denmark.

I can find my order easy enough, but the download manager gives me the "file not found" error.

GG ;(

Serecac
Still no downloading ..... no response for me ... (this is my second time, first was HAWX2)

liorchk
Still no replays from suppot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

liorchk
at least i know that im not the only one having problems
contacted support they didn't help now emailed technical support lets see what they have to say

liorchk
i live in israel too
mailed the support got mail didnt help still the same error come on ubi where r you??

kleaneasy
Hi all

Sorry to hear you're having problems

Please contact the Ubi store support team who can help, meanwhile I'll see what I can find out

gravedave
hm... hope we get an answer soon... maybe the download server is full... i continue trying, but the problem is always the same...

gravedave
@rneox84, yeah, this is a major problem, but the game is in the shelfs since yesterday (one of the shops i often go buy games sent me an sms that the game is avaiable to buy, but i bought it in november trough Ubisoft....

gravedave
my problems are the same as aziznatour... don't know what to do...

gravedave
yeah, i want my money back too, so I buy the game on steam!!!!

gravedave
me too...

plattform: PC with windows 7

I'm getting angry about this...

gravedave
now I even can't login in ubishop!!!! the page doesn't load, when i click "login" the page loads, but i stays homepage of ubishop! incredible!!!!!!!

gravedave
i looked at steam... there it says that the game will be downloadable in 5 hours... could be this the problem or is it just because i live in italy and the game will be downloadable in my country in 5 hours?

gravedave
Same problem, each time i want to start downloading the game, it gives me the same problem, next time i buy it trough steam, there you never have problems like this... Hope i can play the game today, i spend money for it!!!!!!!

gravedave
ontacted support they didn't help now emailed technical support lets see what they have to say

Hope we can get help, i am from italy, and today its 150 years that italy is united, so everything is closed, shops etc... evend the italian support, so i need your help!

Alixacz
Coudl I try to download it on another PC and then install it on my PC, or it´s not possible?

Alixacz
It is seems that it is European problem, so try to wait few hours.

Alixacz
Of course, but the problem remains.

Alixacz
Same with me. Support still didn´t help.

Alixacz
But I have problem with the very Download Manager.

Alixacz
Yes, the very same. Weird. IMHO problem is with their server, now Ubishop shows Server Error. Hope they resolve it.

Alixacz
I think problem is with the ubisoft download manager, it cannot find our orders.

Alixacz
Same problem from Czech Republic. I received answer from support, but they send me only new download linkhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

shop27C171CB8
@aziznatour,

I do have the Assassin's CreedŽ Brotherhood - Deluxe Digital Edition so the extra 13rd part will be the extra goodies given with the pre-order of the Assassin's CreedŽ Brotherhood - Deluxe Digital Edition.

Ah, Dutch page, ofcourse.
You should be able to go to that page anyhow by going to Ubishop and clicking on the HELP button near the right top corner.

You do are using an invalid password otherwise the page wouldn't show such a warning.

Regarding the error of downloading the game, please contact Ubisoft Support with it.
Could be an corrupt link so you will most likely get a new link to download the game.

shop27C171CB8
Request a new password? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

shop27C171CB8
I have downloaded the game from Ubisoft and it's working as it should.
Not sure why you guys are given such an error.

What did I do?
Went to the page of searching up my order. (Click here to go the page I used!) (https://gc.digitalriver.com/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&Locale=nl_NL&SiteID=ubiemea)
Filled in the ordernumber and the password and clicked on search.
After that I clicked on the "Begin with downloading" button and the download manager started downloading the 13 parts of Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

/EDIT
Make sure you allow your firewall / virusscan and such to allow the connections made from the download manager.

liorchk
still no downloading and not a mail from support

DocStrangeluv
03-17-2011, 08:28 AM
I really like the game, played this for hours now, its awesome.

Whats not so awesome:

1. I hate the pseudobloom / sun-blinding-effect in the top half of the screen at daylight. I washes out all shadows, looks plain horrible and should be added into the graphics-options-menu to turn it off.

2. Takes 30min to join a MP session, cant find any players. I guess the servers are getting hammered because so many pc players bought it, yes? Cmon Ubisoft, buy more match servers! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

3. Bought the CodexEdition and the extras-key doesnt work. Sent mail to support already but didnt get an answer yet.

Apart from that, perfect fun atm.

Butterung
03-17-2011, 08:29 AM
i´ve talked 2 ubisoftstpre support team. They can´t tell u anything helpful,...

"the it guys are talking care of the problem"

:P

they hope the download will be available in the next !!days!!

Mr_Shade
03-17-2011, 08:31 AM
[edit: to correct info]

The codes will not work until the game is officially released, since the content code checks online.

They should start working as soon as they are activated - which at present is tomorrow.

If they still continue not to work after the official release date for your country - please contact support as soon as possible after that date.

adstar82
Yeah it's not in my installation folder either.

UbiGabe
Hey there PC-playing Assassins!

We are aware of some players experiencing difficulties redeeming their Special Edition codes for in-game unlockables. We are currently hard at work isolating the root cause and hope to have a resolution soon. In the meanwhile, if you are experiencing such difficulties, please file a ticket with customer support (www.support.ubi.com) so that we can better track this issue.

Thank you very much for your patience!

Shura1981
Same problem in Spain

I received my Codex Edition yesterday and after install it I entered my Bonus Code to unlock Aqua Gears, Trajan Market, Ezio's Armour, Official and Harlequin for Multiplayer... and then, the message: 'Error Code has been used'

Launching date is also March 17, so I hope today this issue will be solved quickly

Shura1981
My computer doesn't find the activation.exe file either, and It's not on the installation folder.

And in the Game Menu Extras the Bonues code still doesn't work, it keeps repeating the error message

Uplaedion
Yeah I have the same error...
I am relieved to see that I am not the only one but I really hope that Ubisoft will quickly solve this problem.

AntiChrist7
Originally posted by Badge1969:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
You can also fill in the code inside the Game's Menu.

Yes. Very good. That is where we have tried to use it, and been told it has already been used. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, thanks for not reading....

Anyone else can't find the activation.exe file?

AntiChrist7
Same problem here in Belgium, just got my codex edition two hours go, code already in use

AntiChrist7
Once you've installed the game go to the folder you installed Assassins Creed Brotherhood and open "Activation.exe"
Fill in the code received by the pre-order and your good to go!
Already running around with the HELMSCHMIED DRACHEN ARMOR myself!

My computer doesn't find the file... I already played MP, do i have to reinstall it?

Lusankya84
I saw on the German Ubisoft Forums that many people have the same issue.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that the release date is tomorrow any before that date it won't recognize these codes. But then you would probably get a different error.

Let's wait until some officials say something about it.

IlluminattiZA
I am having the same issue, and I also have the codex edition

Badge1969
Sadly today is March 17, the official release date in Australia, and the code does not work.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given Ubisoft's recent history with these sort of things.

I've logged an issue with Ubisoft Support and received the automated reply. Given that's all I've ever received from Ubisoft support on previous issues, I'm not holding my breathe.

Mind you, I'm very impressed with the quality of the extras.

Badge1969

Yes. Very good. That is where we have tried to use it, and been told it has already been used.

Ellendaire
I have the same issue, and I should be able to today, being european and all.
First time i tried I got a error and now it says the code has already been used..
I tried some multiplayer and single player but dont see any of the exclusive stuff around..

shop27C171CB8

shop27C171CB8
Click on the following link to view the "Activation.exe" in my folder: http://i54.tinypic.com/ofpx5c.jpg
As you can see, it's located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (With standard installation)

Before starting Assassins Creed Brotherhood I filled in the code I got from the pre-order with that. It than gave me "Activation successful!"

I also tried it ingame and it gave me the "Code is already been used" "error".
I do however have all the goodies such as the armor etc.

shop27C171CB8
Once you've installed the game go to the folder you installed Assassins Creed Brotherhood and open "Activation.exe"
Fill in the code received by the pre-order and your good to go!
Already running around with the HELMSCHMIED DRACHEN ARMOR myself!

BLesner
03-17-2011, 08:38 AM
I bought the codex Ed and when I reedemed my code it told me its unavalible then I reedemed my code again and it says code already used !

Ubisoft I have never pirated any games, but why should I pay extra money for items that dont even work !

Scratched_uk
03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Apologies if it's already been posted and you're already on the case, but can you find out what's happening with the steam release? Even if it's just to say whether or not to expect a preload, or if things are set to unlock as planned when the countdown hits zero.

Thanks.