PDA

View Full Version : PF rocks but I have a few suggestions + a few bugs.

Shrap
10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Some of these are carry overs from FB:

1) Break down plane by nationality: I doubt anyone is really interested in flying a Japanese p51 or a German p40 so instead of a list split between Axis and allies how about a sub list of nationalities under each.

For example if I choose "Axis" then in a submenu "Japanese" I'll see a list of just Japanese planes (in quick mission) instead of a mix of all flyable planes (US, England, German and Japanese).

It gets confusing when you have just a huge mix of planes.

Also in view objects it would be nice to break them into sub groups as well

2) When you install PF over FB/AEP the kill markers in the post mission summary are German (star)/Russian (bar+star) ones. When I installed PF as a standalone game the kills were A Japanese flag (US/England) and a badge (Japanese).

3) Faster time compression: The player flies much further now and sometimes I sit there for ten minutes w/ autopilot and 8X compression before I get to the target.
I believe Red BaronII did it best w/ time skip that would fly you nearly instantly to the next waypoint and would drop out of time skip if enemy planes were detected.
That's another thing please drop compression when enemies are with in a certain range (no one dogfights in compression on).

These are the three biggest issues for me.

Gato__Loco
10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
1) That is not a good idea, in particular for the allies. Think about the American planes used by the Brits, Soviets, Finnish, etc. Also, on the Axis side, the Germans used Italian planes, the Hungarians used German planes, etc.etc. Too much crossover.
2) A minor detail. Oleg explained why it was like that.
3) Agreed, although I understand that PF has a "time warp" option, or some sort of fast time compression. I haven't got the game yet.

Shrap
10-25-2004, 03:42 PM
1) Yes i know some aircraft were used by diffrent countries and in that case it will show up in multipule submenus.
Haveing a big blob of planes is going to confuse anyone who doesn't know the military designations. I know what the more famious planes are but some of them I don't have a clue.

2)I missed it - what did he say?

3) There is a time skip mode but it's seems slower than 8X compression.

Shrap
10-26-2004, 02:51 AM
Few other things:
1)Search/recon missions waypoints shouldn't end at the target but near it so we can search for it.

2) Hoe about a trigger camera that records 3 seconds before the trigger is pulled and 3 more seconds after it's released.

ELEM
10-26-2004, 04:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shrap:

3) There is a time skip mode but it's seems slower than 8X compression. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's dependant on your CPU speed. Mine runs at about 10x normal, but it's boring watching a black screen for too long.

LEXX_Luthor
10-26-2004, 04:22 AM
So the Black Minutes are like pilot falling asleep in cockpit. That did happen, from time to time.

llandaff
10-26-2004, 05:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2) Hoe about a trigger camera that records 3 seconds before the trigger is pulled and 3 more seconds after it's released. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow!!! Great idea! The software must know that you are going to pull the trigger BEFORE you pulled it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)))

Shrap
10-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Don't be a tard =) the game always records your misson and at the end you decide to keep it or not so it's already there.

Mig Alley and Battle of Britian by Rowan had trigger recording that functioned excatly as I described and I think most would like to have such a feature in the game.