PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Fi156 try to avoid being shot down?

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I know this is probably way too late for inclusion in IL-2:FB but I have noticed that the only aircraft that actively take action to avoid being shot down are fighters.If you see an aircraft like the Fi156,Ar196,PBY or U-2/Po-2 they just fly in a straight line while you make repeated attacks.In all accounts I have read, AC like these were hard to shoot down because they would turn and jink all over the place.

I understand that bombers in formation ought to stick together to maximise protection but single aircraft doing recon work ought to be able to do their best to avoid enemy fire (including AAA).
If fighters can have AI programming that has them take avoiding action I cant see why this can't be extended to all the aircraft in the sim.

I am still using the un-patched version so if this has been changed in the patches please disregard.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I know this is probably way too late for inclusion in IL-2:FB but I have noticed that the only aircraft that actively take action to avoid being shot down are fighters.If you see an aircraft like the Fi156,Ar196,PBY or U-2/Po-2 they just fly in a straight line while you make repeated attacks.In all accounts I have read, AC like these were hard to shoot down because they would turn and jink all over the place.

I understand that bombers in formation ought to stick together to maximise protection but single aircraft doing recon work ought to be able to do their best to avoid enemy fire (including AAA).
If fighters can have AI programming that has them take avoiding action I cant see why this can't be extended to all the aircraft in the sim.

I am still using the un-patched version so if this has been changed in the patches please disregard.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:24 PM
S!

Try giving them a objective with a time out, they will become more agressive, this goes for most aircraft also.

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Thanks.

I will give that a try.