PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Content for DPL - Looking for artwork, quotes, images, ect...

driver_madness
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Earlier today I was taking a look at JAY's texture mods and I notice there really wasn't all that much new stuff to see so I have decided to start the development of a massive mod which edits most of the textures in the game.

So I'm going to get everyone to contribute with their own content.

We are looking for drawings, quotes, text, logos and images to scatter around the city on different objects and buildings. These images will be placed on doors, billboards and shop fronts as well as many other random places.

A few examples I've been working on would include:
-Links to Driver Fansites inc(Driver Madness, Driver Dimension, Planet Driver, Driver4.com)
-Logos inc(ubi, gameloft)

So if you have any images that you'd like to see in the biggest texture modification for Driver: Parallel Lines well don't forget to post it here so I can save it to my pc and start applying to into the texture modification.

JacksonL2007
10-05-2007, 12:27 PM
It should have roadsigns telling u what street ur own. On the doors should be signs saying GO AWAY! Billboards should have piss takes of other games on them like GTA had TRUE CRIME lol. Or adverts for band concerts if so please involve Pink Floyd reunion PLEASE. There should be more graphiti on the walls as well especially in the 70's because the graphitti alreadythere is really small and not that great. Shop windows hmm, Not sure. But if u could have bright walls like in the free adverts part of new york.

driver_madness
10-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Ok, well there is the limitation of replacing existing textures only so we cannot change textures for signs which don't exist yet and we also have the limitation of textures being used twice or more so you cannot customize everything the way we want.

I'm noting down everything you've mentioned, particularly the door signs idea! and I'll look into Pink Floyd see what I can do, however it would help if you could find an existing bill board design! Or images I can use to quickly make something up.

Graphiti on the walls is a great idea! I know of a few people at Driver Madness who like graphiti so I can use some of their designs.

Now one thing you mention is involving the other series, like GTA, True Crime. It may all be for good fun however some gta fans don't like it and come into communities like this annoying everyone about it. A good example would have been driv3r's Timmy :|.

So most of your ideas should get in, watch out in the next few weeks for a video and documented report on what I've done so far so everyone can see my progress!

JacksonL2007
10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Well thanks for your positive responce, but i only have the PS2 version so i can't tell u about any specific billboards or anything but I am not sure of something u said about the roadsigns not changable. Does that mean u can't edit the existing data u can only add?

Anyway it would be good if you could put videos in aswell as images. Like on the sides of buildings u could have car adverts or an advertisment for driv3r i.e. run the gauntlet video. If there could be music in certain parts of the city. Like on the onfoot bit you should here music from inside a night club or something.

The title says - Looking for artwork, quotes, images, etc...
What do u mean by quotes? I would also like to add that this is a thread that we have been needing for a long time, This could help reflections know what type of atmosphere we would like in the game. This is also simple changes so it wont take them much effort in comparison to the actual game but while add a whole new element to it.

driver_madness
10-08-2007, 06:28 AM
We can edit any texture in the game. However we cannot add new ones. So as I said if there was a sign you wanted to add it couldn't be added it could only be manipulated if it already existed.

By quotes I mean things like famous things people have said. Maybe like tanner saying "If I come here to kill you, you'd be dead" and things like that.

Unfortunately I cannot make videos.
In the city you do see things moving, these use a numerous amount of textures and they go through them all frame by frame. Most of them only use about 5 to 10 different textures to make the moving image they make.

DriverKid
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
"I said GLAZED Doughnuts!" - Random NYC cop.

driver_madness
11-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DriverKid:
"I said GLAZED Doughnuts!" - Random NYC cop.

That could go well on or in Police HQ!

DriverKid
11-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah that would be hillarious! Would work as grafitti on the station too.

smiler_16
05-08-2008, 02:13 PM
MMMmmm i have only just come accross this topic, but this seems to be highly of my interest

So Madness!! if you have a page or something where we can contribute to this mod, then please post a link

and i think that i may a bit helpfull to have on the texture team!!

i have previously been part of the GTA Modding community, so i have enough experience in texture modding to be a helping hand

as for ideas, Well... i think, i would like to polish off the dirt that reflections left behind (accidentally of course) and maybe finish some parts of the work that the other guys are too busy to finish, and then once i have got the hang of the new engine (new to me... not the game lol) then i would make a start with the bigger things, the things that people have always wanted in a game, but reflections couldn't put in (maybe due to legal reasons)

if you havn't got a home page of some sort for this mod, then i am sure that me and some of the team would help you with developing a page for it.

driver_madness
05-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Unfortunately I have kind of left this project behind.
I've been so busy doing other things I pretty much forgot about it.

It seems to take so long just to make one texture change and testing it all the time. I'm thinking I'll continue things in the future when I may or not have more time.

---

The whole idea was to completely change NYC (DPL) around! Add a lot more to the cities textures. Like adding jokes all over the walls within the city and things like that so players can spend most of their time reading the city around them!

They'll be able to explore an amazing, funny world! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure what will happen now!
If only there was a better .dss export and import tool.
Having access to the files reflections have would make the process really easy, if only I worked there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Reflections give a couple of us experienced modders a job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
So we can work as a team and create texture packs, additional maps and more! Then at least the pc version of the game will become much more popular!

smiler_16
05-10-2008, 02:56 PM
well thanks for updating us on whats happening with the project & why it isn't continueing... not just yet anyway, although if it does continue i think it would be a great idea to let the people on here be aware so we may get a few more people on the team helping us to develop a major modification for 1 of the Driver games

i think that ideally i would personally like to find a team to work on importing the D3 islands/maps to D:PL, and maybe the easiest way to have all of the islands on there including new york, then we would just have to use the era change option screen to select the island/map... thats my dream for Driver anyway...

driver_madness
05-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I'd like to do that as well!
It'd be awesome to have D3 in DPL.
and vice versa http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif for the film director in NY.

But unfortunately we would once again need reflections tools.
Ubisoft Reflections should release and SDK for their games from now on.
But I'd love for them to release one for Driver: Parallel Lines and Driv3r.

As it's an excellent idea for reflections to do such thing, as it'll generate a lot more revenue on pc sales. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A lot of people are interested in modding.
and the use the awesome physics engine involved that would even be more awesome.

smiler_16
05-11-2008, 07:08 AM
yeah, and maybe our mods could give them an idea of what we want in a Driver game!!

It worked for Rockstar Games, and basically alls they had to do, was see what sort of mods people were developing and what was mostly being downloaded, and then add it to their games, which then made their games so unbeleivably successful, so if they could let the Driver fans show them what they want, and that it is possible to create these features, then they could get a very successful game some time soon!.

Obviously things like the real car mods would give them an idea of what cars people like to Drive!

and real citys would give them an idea where people want the next game to be based!

and real weapons would give them an idea what weapons people want

Ect.

driver_madness
05-26-2008, 07:08 AM
I just wished they would go ahead and just create tools for Driver: Parallel Lines. So users can create content and easily insert it into parallel lines, or at least the next driver since I beileaive they may have produced the game so it isn't truly moddable.

I remember for mafia the game wasn't truly modable but someone created a tool which exported all the data in all those archieves and there was a small change in a configiration file which told the engine to run from the source files.

Of course driver: parallel lines will be totally different, because it's how the developers developed the game. Hopefully they'll develop the next game with modding in mind.

and a good idea to get people interested in modding if reflection would give prizes to the best modders and of course offer the modifyiers a job at whatever they modded best in their game!