PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between.....

Mjollnir111675
11-03-2004, 07:21 PM
S1 ,

What is the difference between :

Select Engine X

and

Select/Unselect Engine X?

Thank You,
Mjollnir

Mjollnir111675
11-03-2004, 07:21 PM
S1 ,

What is the difference between :

Select Engine X

and

Select/Unselect Engine X?

Thank You,
Mjollnir

Athosd
11-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi Mjollnir111675

Just saw your gripe about no answer here in another thread.
This board can move pretty quick - and as soon as your post drops off the first page its pretty much dead - no harm in bumping it though.

Select Engine x - engages that engine only for control purposes (others continue as last set until reselected), useful for things like using a fire extinguisher or feathering the prop.

Select/Unselect Engine x - is a toggle, I don't find this useful myself. However it can be used to deselect one engine when you want to maintain control of the others. (eg 3 of your 4 engines are on fire - deselect the good one so you can quickly fire extinguishers in the others).

Personally I don't bother with the toggle option and only use the following multi-engine selections:
Select engine 1, 2, 3, 4
Select left engines
Select right engines
Select all engines

Engines are numbered left to right and must be started individually when complex engine management options are enabled.

At this stage there is only one flyable 4 engined bomber in the game and its not part of PF stand alone (Russian TB3 - included in Forgotten Battles).

Cheers

Athos

Fresshness
11-07-2004, 08:03 AM
I find the select/unselect engines much more straightforward to use. just treat it like a toggle; it's great for stopping an individual engine on a TB-3 for example.

I'm sure it's also equally easy to do it with the 'plain' select feature, so I guess it's a matter of choosing one and sticking by it. I think they're both easy to get learned. but as I said, for me personally, those select/unselect engines are a God's send! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif