PDA

View Full Version : Canopy and radiator open increase likelyhood of damage?

BSS_Goat
11-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Does it effect the chance of a pilot kill/wounded with the canopy open? How about engine damage from flak with the radiator open?

BSS_Goat
11-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Does it effect the chance of a pilot kill/wounded with the canopy open? How about engine damage from flak with the radiator open?

Hydra444
11-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Subjective...Hasn't happened to me too often when I've had the canopy open,but it does seem to happen more often for others.I would say to just keep it closed while in combat just to be sure,as that is what I do before I engage someone.

danjama
11-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Having your canopy open and radiator open during combat DO increase drag, so you shouldnt have them open anyway! Plus i cant stand the noise of the wind blowing in my face when the canopy is open, it put me right off my objective! Happy Hunting.

p1ngu666
11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
iirec the rad open does increase chance of damage, the il2 had armoured shutters on the rad, and the game is based on the il2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cawimmer430
11-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Open radiators slow down your plane in my experience (drag), hence I only use it when my engine is overheating and I badly need some power for a short time.

Anyone else notice that the Spitfire overheats so easily?