PDA

View Full Version : vista???

JimmyD6969
11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
started playing again... now game crashes if you start from a save . it will load and run for a minute or so then crashes??? if you play the whole mission through all is well?? any ideas windows vista ultimate nividia videowhen game runs it runs fine and graphics are great?? wtf? over?

tambor198
11-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by JimmyD6969:
started playing again... now game crashes if you start from a save . it will load and run for a minute or so then crashes??? if you play the whole mission through all is well?? any ideas windows vista ultimate nividia videowhen game runs it runs fine and graphics are great?? wtf? over?

Welcome to the SH Forums, JimmyD6969. Happy to have you aboard.

One question. Where do you have SHIII installed on your computer?

JimmyD6969
11-20-2009, 11:06 AM
hello,it's installe din the default location does that make a differance?

Maverick_U2007
11-20-2009, 11:38 AM
The suggestion is that you DONT install it into your Program files folder but install it directly onto your hard drive.

Maverick

FIRESTART1985
11-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Or you could temporarily rename the "Program files" folder by the new name "Program_files" to see if that makes a difference. Note that in new name must be no space between words. It's possible that this might be the problem.

On the other hand I had a problem of crashing SH3 myself on the old PC. It crashed randomly when I played. Turned out that it crashed because of directx sound acceleration. Once I tured it off the game didnt crash at all.

To do that you have to click START and type dxdiag into search box. It opens a window with directx diagnostic stuff. You need to choose sound in upper part of the window and drag the slider from full sound acceleration to none and try then runing SH3. If that won't help and crashes continues return the slider to original position.

JimmyD6969
11-21-2009, 01:54 PM
thanks i'll try it one at a time....