PDA

View Full Version : Changes to AAA in 4.0x?

NonWonderDog
06-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Ground-based AAA guns are now firing at parachutes again, whereas they wouldn't in 3.04. This is probably unintended.

But other than that, has anyone else found AAA, expecially the heavy guns, to be far more deadly in 4.0x? I have been shot down numerous times by 88mm FlaK in 4.00 and 4.01. They've scored numerous PKs, flamed my engine, flamed my fuel tanks, and once even snapped a P-47 in two. I had never once been shot down by heavy flak before, and the times I had been hit resulted in almost no damage. I assume something has changed? Heavy AAA seemed woefully ineffective before, but now that they do damage they're far too accurate.

Light guns seem more accurate than before if I fly in a straight line but seem to adjust to changes in my flight path much more slowly. Or maybe they do a bit more damage. This might just be my imagination, though; 20mm flak has always been deadly.

NonWonderDog
06-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Ground-based AAA guns are now firing at parachutes again, whereas they wouldn't in 3.04. This is probably unintended.

But other than that, has anyone else found AAA, expecially the heavy guns, to be far more deadly in 4.0x? I have been shot down numerous times by 88mm FlaK in 4.00 and 4.01. They've scored numerous PKs, flamed my engine, flamed my fuel tanks, and once even snapped a P-47 in two. I had never once been shot down by heavy flak before, and the times I had been hit resulted in almost no damage. I assume something has changed? Heavy AAA seemed woefully ineffective before, but now that they do damage they're far too accurate.

Light guns seem more accurate than before if I fly in a straight line but seem to adjust to changes in my flight path much more slowly. Or maybe they do a bit more damage. This might just be my imagination, though; 20mm flak has always been deadly.

Vipez-
06-18-2005, 06:40 AM
Heavy flak is definately more accurate now, as is light flak.. however, you wont get as often PKs, even though you might get hit by few shralpnel..

And in 3.04 AAA did shoot at parachutes.. allways have and probably allways will do that, according to Oleg it happened in real life, so it happens in the game too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

carguy_
06-19-2005, 06:20 AM
It is Oleg`s imagination that has a big part of the actual situation ingame.

That imagination is led to believe that 90mm flak can hit a fighter that cruises at 360kph at 4800m.

I think Oleg should watch some pacific videos showing Kamikaze attacks.