PDA

View Full Version : Ineffective rounds...or ineffective aim???

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Ok, fire up the blowtorches, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it for this one. Recently, I was flying in one of those cluster $%^#ed online dogfights, a good time, but insane. I had a head on pass with another pilot, which took several hits from *all* guns on my 190 A9, subsequently destroying the aircraft. The other pilot had made the comment afterwards about 190's being bulletproof, as he had been firing in my direction as well, apparantly assuming his aim was true. I've gotten this type of comment many times while flying the 190 series. Believe me...it is NOT bulletproof. There are many sim pilots flying this sim that have shot me down. If I had an idea that I would be able to use it later, I would have tried to record it. However, I'm really just having fun, and don't usually think of that type of thing for an online dogfight. Back to the comment(s) of the 190 being bulletproof...make sure you've actually hit your target before you declare it's bulletproof. The instance most recent is still fresh in my mind; head on pass, about 2,200 meters, I was in shallow dive, keeping the "target" at about 1130 position. This required slight right stick and rudder, as the "target" wanted a perfect lineup. As we came close to merge, I leveled wings, and put my 190 in a left yaw attitude, effectively leading the "target", fired all guns (major hits) then full right deflection, slight back stick, roll right. I saw him firing coming to the merge, and his tracers were absolutely off to my left, high and low. I took no hits on that pass. I think there's some "hype" over the durablitiy of the 190's, and some folks are jumping to the "bulletproof conclusion" when they don't down the 190...Fire away...I got my fire extinguisher ready. lol.

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Ok, fire up the blowtorches, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it for this one. Recently, I was flying in one of those cluster $%^#ed online dogfights, a good time, but insane. I had a head on pass with another pilot, which took several hits from *all* guns on my 190 A9, subsequently destroying the aircraft. The other pilot had made the comment afterwards about 190's being bulletproof, as he had been firing in my direction as well, apparantly assuming his aim was true. I've gotten this type of comment many times while flying the 190 series. Believe me...it is NOT bulletproof. There are many sim pilots flying this sim that have shot me down. If I had an idea that I would be able to use it later, I would have tried to record it. However, I'm really just having fun, and don't usually think of that type of thing for an online dogfight. Back to the comment(s) of the 190 being bulletproof...make sure you've actually hit your target before you declare it's bulletproof. The instance most recent is still fresh in my mind; head on pass, about 2,200 meters, I was in shallow dive, keeping the "target" at about 1130 position. This required slight right stick and rudder, as the "target" wanted a perfect lineup. As we came close to merge, I leveled wings, and put my 190 in a left yaw attitude, effectively leading the "target", fired all guns (major hits) then full right deflection, slight back stick, roll right. I saw him firing coming to the merge, and his tracers were absolutely off to my left, high and low. I took no hits on that pass. I think there's some "hype" over the durablitiy of the 190's, and some folks are jumping to the "bulletproof conclusion" when they don't down the 190...Fire away...I got my fire extinguisher ready. lol.

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 12:15 AM
LOL, hi snoop... the 190 is pretty tough, but can be broght down, my 30mm on the 109 was doing work on some of them the other night so iam sure its just a bad shoot being mad.. lol

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 01:26 AM
It's interesting to note that the average player gets only 7-11% of rounds on target. While this can vary wildly, I'm sure there's plenty out there, me included some nights, that are scoring close to 0%.

Some people just don't give enough deflection. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

cheers,
Tony
(flying as "wombat" on HL)

<A href="http://www.il2airracing.com/" alt="Il2 online air racing">
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~tonybirchill/race.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 03:17 AM
Geez, just few .50 cal hits on the wing and it loses all stability

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 03:29 AM
Yeah and lag issues are a problem also how many times ive thought id been rammed tell them nice ram and they didnt touch me. Or start smoking and no one is firing at ya.

I think thats the major problem just lag causeing to many weird things

"Of all my accomplishments I may have achieved during the war, I am proudest of the fact that I never lost a wingman. It was my view that no kill was worth the life of a wingman. . . . Pilots in my unit who lost wingmen on this basis were prohibited from leading a [section]. They were made to fly as wingman, instead."
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann "Karaya One"