PDA

View Full Version : dual core

grndmastr
12-19-2006, 05:47 AM
My computer is like 1.5 months old. It is good and I am able to play Rainbow Six Vegas. It is very slow because I think its not using my dual core. When I open the detection program everything is good, everything is higher then recommended the only thing that isnt high enough is my cpu and thats strange because they recommend 3.5 ghz and I have a dual core of 2 times 2.8 ghz,. Anybody else has this problem and how can I fix it.

grndmastr
12-19-2006, 05:47 AM
My computer is like 1.5 months old. It is good and I am able to play Rainbow Six Vegas. It is very slow because I think its not using my dual core. When I open the detection program everything is good, everything is higher then recommended the only thing that isnt high enough is my cpu and thats strange because they recommend 3.5 ghz and I have a dual core of 2 times 2.8 ghz,. Anybody else has this problem and how can I fix it.

bigmaori
12-19-2006, 06:56 AM
im having same problem game just doesnt support multi core processors

grndmastr
12-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Well how nice is that, you spend money on the game and it doesnt even work on your new computer. I am a bit bummed. Is ubisoft going 2 update the game for dual cores or dont u guys know?

TedSmith
12-19-2006, 08:57 AM
So far as I know there isn't a single game out on PC that "uses" dual core processors. Most run without issue on them while Vegas has problems, but don't mistake the fact that other games run flawlessly on them as them using/supporting your dual core.

There's definitely a bug (or a few) in Vegas related to using dual-core processors, and hopefully it will get patched for it, but I don't know if they'll actually take the time to properly utilize multi-core processors.

grndmastr
12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
why wouldnt they do that? dual core is the future i quess so why wont they put intrest in the future i still hope i will get patched soon cause i played this game at a friends house and i cant wait to coop with him

drakos01
12-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I am confused. Some people say that R6V supports Dual Core and some say it doesn't. So which is it?

grndmastr
12-19-2006, 11:50 PM
well i have dual core and tried to play r6v and its so slow.

2 times 2.8 ghz makes 5.6ghz and 3.5 ghz is recommended but still it says its not enough...

TedSmith
12-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Don't worry yourself over the "recommended". Judging processors by clock speed is an archaic way of telling how fast they are.

If you have a dual core processor AT ALL, then it's fast enough for the game. (But for reference, it's not the equivalent of double the clock speed listed. It just doesn't work that way.)

There have been people that say the game does support them and one site that did a test claiming it did, yet we have countless people here having issues running the game on dual core systems. It may be that Vegas does in fact support them, but there are issues with how it does. It's tough to find out when the company itself won't say a word to you about anything, even after we bought their game.

WilleNugZ
12-20-2006, 06:22 PM
im having the same problem i just got a core 2 duo with 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia vid card with 512 mb of ram

youd think i would be able to play this game at the highest settings but it wont even play smoothly at the lowest not to mention i have a widescreen and it does not support that as well...

the detection tool gives me a red flag on my processor tellin me that its less then the req speed...cmon ubisoft fix this problem and fix it now please

you could have a really good game here but you need to fix this issue fast

there is nobodoy playing this game online hardly for the pc version and i have this game on 360 and the community there is alive and full

also the online for the pc version does not have the same ranking system as the xbox, everyone on the pc version has every weopn unlocked, what is the deal there, cmon ubisoft we are counting on you to fix all of this NOW....

TedSmith
12-20-2006, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WilleNugZ:
also the online for the pc version does not have the same ranking system as the xbox, everyone on the pc version has every weopn unlocked, what is the deal there, cmon ubisoft we are counting on you to fix all of this NOW.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The unlocks and ranking system is not something that's broken. It was removed intentionally because the PC gamers stated almost unanimously that they did not want it.

Pyrostasis1980
12-20-2006, 07:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TedSmith:
Don't worry yourself over the "recommended". Judging processors by clock speed is an archaic way of telling how fast they are.

If you have a dual core processor AT ALL, then it's fast enough for the game. (But for reference, it's not the equivalent of double the clock speed listed. It just doesn't work that way.)

There have been people that say the game does support them and one site that did a test claiming it did, yet we have countless people here having issues running the game on dual core systems. It may be that Vegas does in fact support them, but there are issues with how it does. It's tough to find out when the company itself won't say a word to you about anything, even after we bought their game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im returning the 2 I purchased this weekend, unless I hear something public, or get a patch.

sagittariusarm
12-21-2006, 01:47 AM
I have a Pentium Dual Core 945 that's 3.4GHz anyway, and the game still doesn't run as I think it should. With a 256MB DirectX 9-supported, Shader Model 3.0-supported ATI X1600 Pro Graphics Card and 1024MB DDR RAM, it should run like a dream, but with motion blur, shadows, high dynamic range, hardware skinning and vertical sync all on (highest settings), it runs like ****. And even when I turn most of those things off or down, it still runs slowly. What gives?

Itchmeister
12-21-2006, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sagittariusarm:
I have a Pentium Dual Core 945 that's 3.4GHz anyway, and the game still doesn't run as I think it should. With a 256MB DirectX 9-supported, Shader Model 3.0-supported ATI X1600 Pro Graphics Card and 1024MB DDR RAM, it should run like a dream, but with motion blur, shadows, high dynamic range, hardware skinning and vertical sync all on (highest settings), it runs like ****. And even when I turn most of those things off or down, it still runs slowly. What gives? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In your case, don't activate Hardware Skinning. At all on highest settings, you shouldn't expect it to run like a dream though.