PDA

View Full Version : giving up on 1l-46 going back to 4.04 version

dog-of-war
02-18-2007, 12:45 PM
have failed to get 1l-46 to work because of dvd issue so am going back to 4.o4 version .
oleg you and ubi need to sort out these securcom/star force etc issues before bob comes out. having played all the previous versions i know what a good game we have and bob will be,and therefore will stay the course, but if i had been a new player to this sim and this dvd issue etc had happened to me i would advise every one i know to steer clear of any ic/ubi soft game .oleg sort this before irreverible damage is done.

crazyivan1970
02-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Can you be more specific?

Stackhouse25th
02-18-2007, 01:04 PM
try turning off your CD Burning software or any drive emulation software. Starforce is pointless because there are copies on the internet anyone can gain access to and play the game as if there were no starforce.

papotex
02-18-2007, 01:09 PM
actually, my DVD burner was working perfectly untill about the second day of playing IL2-46 with the DVD in the drive. now the drive does not work.

i know you gona say, well the drive was on its way out but i was using that drive daily and putting games that require CD in the drive.

i noticed from the first day how the drive had to access the 46 dvd exessively.

Bearcat99
02-18-2007, 01:19 PM
I had absolutely no problems at all installing this DVD.

XyZspineZyX
02-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Let me see if I understand-

the drive is in constant use. You install 46

everything is ok for two days

then something goes wrong

and it's 46's fault. Two days later

Good luck on 4.04 and have a good time

AFJ_rsm
02-18-2007, 02:20 PM
i'm not falling for this one

not again

no senor

don't even tempt me

XyZspineZyX
02-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Hmmm? Yes, of course, everyone who says there's no trouble is obviously lying. Why, I could say almost anything. I am the King of the Sub-Continent and the Prince of Poeria. See? Lies

MEGILE
02-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by AFJ_rsm:

not again

no senor

don't even tempt me

it's like UBI testing you

AFJ_rsm
02-18-2007, 02:36 PM
fool me once, shame on.... shame on you?

fool me twice... see you can't fool me again!

MEGILE
02-18-2007, 02:37 PM

Wise words my friend.

Jaws2002
02-18-2007, 02:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Welcome back rsm.

DKoor
02-18-2007, 02:54 PM

not again

no senor

don't even tempt me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Originally posted by Megile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFJ_rsm:

Wise words my friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>+1

BaronUnderpants
02-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds like everybody is running IL46 from the DVD....dont think so.

If u smartasses did, all your burners would commit suicide to.

Never came across a game ( IL46 ) that had my DVD working so hard in my life.

Untill i "fixed" it that is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Joe2L
02-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't give up on '46 mate.

If i'm honest my DVD drive is playing up. It fails to acknowledge any disks. Not sure if it's to do with '46, I don't recall noticing it before though. Fortunately I have 2 drives in my system, so it's ok for now.

*PS. If you don't know what ^these guys^ are talking, find out and use it to your advantage. You have every right to.

*PPS. I must get my dvd drive Fixed

Chris0382
02-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I feel running a game from a DVD today with the requirments they demand is impractical.

Im wondering now when they will allow large RAM drives as even the news HD's are too slow for this game.

Didnt UBISOFT themselves provide a nocd solution for Pacific Fighters and why not 1946 then.

ShaK.
02-18-2007, 06:28 PM
yea, I installed 46 then my freakin dog died.

Oleg and UBI, you owe me a freakin dog!

I'm going back to 3.02m, because thats just a patch I thought of while posting this.

Taylortony
02-18-2007, 06:41 PM
You know instead of a lot of you being such a bunch of brain dead morons replying such a load of verbage to his post, why not try to offer some contructive critism and help a low poster here............ you want to make me vomit sometimes with your higher than thou attitudes to people having problems, so yours installed OK, well it can't be tested on every machine combination the world over, so some people will have problems, one day you may suffer the same problem and I do hope it comes back in your face......

As Crazy says, can you give us some more info on the prob and your pc etc please

Huxley_S
02-18-2007, 06:46 PM
You know that there is a certain other patch out there for IL21946 that I guess we're not allowed to talk about.

Which is a shame because it would probably fix about 99% of problems such as these and help cheer up a lot of unhappy campers.

ShaK.
02-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Taylortony:
You know instead of a lot of you being such a bunch of brain dead morons replying such a load of verbage to his post, why not try to offer some contructive critism and help a low poster here............ you want to make me vomit sometimes with your higher than thou attitudes to people having problems, so yours installed OK, well it can't be tested on every machine combination the world over, so some people will have problems, one day you may suffer the same problem and I do hope it comes back in your face......

As Crazy says, can you give us some more info on the prob and your pc etc please

Maybe you should practice what you preach, as you just lowered yourself to the same type of rhetoric as the rest of us. I, for one, was joking. I think EVERYONE else here but you was joking too.

I'm 100% sure that if Dog-of-war would have asked for some help, he would of gotten it.

Taylortony
02-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Shak. Perhaps if one is going to quote me then perhaps one would have the common courtesy to quote me in full and read the last part of my post in which I am practising what I preach.....

foot before ones mouth one thinks......

ShaK.
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
ok.?. fixed it, but I think you are still missing what I was trying to convey.

MrMojok
02-18-2007, 07:18 PM
The answer is in Huxley's post, vaguely. Don't speak of it specifically as there is a new policy here that anyone who does, is immediately banned.

crazyivan1970
02-18-2007, 07:23 PM
So... he came, he dropped the bomb and left....

Chris0382
02-18-2007, 08:27 PM
This dude needs to do a bit of googling. A little google goes a long way.

I guess he could of been a troll. If so, he got me good.

You are the troll master.

Ratsack
02-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ShaK.:
yea, I installed 46 then my freakin dog died.

Oleg and UBI, you owe me a freakin dog!

I'm going back to 3.02m, because thats just a patch I thought of while posting this.

You forgot to mention that the 'Italy' map in the free 4.08 patch will rape your kittens, too.

Ratsack

ErrolFlying
02-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Had exactly the same problem. Loaded up '46 and it ran fine for a month when out of the blue it stopped working and just would not play from the DVD. Contacted Sercurom and had very prompt feedback from them but alas that was not the problem. Downloaded the latest drivers for my DVD drive and 'bingo'....all was well in my world again. Worth a try?

GR142-Pipper
02-19-2007, 03:15 AM
Guys, what don't you all just take a step back for a minute. The original poster says he likes IL-2 and looks forward to BoB. He's having trouble with '46 so he's going back to 4.04 until he gets it sorted out. Is he frustrated? Sure sounds like it. He wants to get his game going with his DVD and it isn't cooperating. So why all the arrows for that? Recognize it for what it is...frustration...and cut the guy a little slack.

GR142-Pipper

ErrolFlying
02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Geez, did i say "drivers"? Sorry, I meant "firmware". I should add that I've only just progressed beyond the on and off button!

dusta01
02-19-2007, 05:48 PM
it's a firmware issue with your dvd drive, nothing more. Has nothing to do with Ubi . So find the firmware for your burner and everything will be fine. I had the same issue . Updated firmware and everything was ok

slappedsilly
02-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Its funny, it seems to me that what they want to prevent is encouraged or even required because of how they try to prevent it. I think I must get a lobotomy to make more money.