PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I've become a Vulcher!!!

Bull_dog_
11-04-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't care what the naysayers say...I love the game and I know there are bugs, but every game I've ever bought had them and I know they will be corrected...on to the meat of the subject....

I have been a died-in-the-wool fighter jock for years, occassionally tossing a few eggs or rockets around to break things up but I have to say I am swiftly becoming a bonafide bomber jock now with a B-25, A-20 and Beaufighter! And I haven't been online yet because I have a new computer and don't have it hooked up to the internet yet (I'm using my wife's computer now)!

Those bombers alone made the game worth it and I'm really looking forward to addition varients along with the Mosquito some day and who knows what else. I don't know if I'll get enamoured with the Heavies if and when we get one of them, but those twins are awesome...keep up the good work Oleg/Luthier!

BlitzPig_Frat
11-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Well Bull Dog, wait till' you hit Vulcher Utopia in an online server. A-20 and or B-25's with 40 parafrags and a tighly packed DF server equals joy when passing over the enemy spawn pad! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

T_O_A_D
11-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Thats not Vulching http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif that properly using your equipment. Why else fly one of theose if you weren't ment to blow the you know what out of your opponents.

BfHeFwMe
11-04-2004, 02:14 PM
The excitement will fade when you figure out one bullet scratch wipes your score out every time. Fighters won't even bother trying to down you any more, one squirt needed, even with no visable damage they have the free 200, you have to practically chase them down to get them to bother finishing the job, it's that easy for them.

Even if you do bag a carrier, you'll never get the reward for it, the slightest flak scratch and your a confirmed. Doesn't matter that you got the plane home in one piece, death score for the bomber trash. And escaping the fleet of ships without at least one ping isn't going to happen, so whats the point in flying them, not possible to get anywhere.

Whoever designed this scoring system is sadistic, the only way you can beat it is bail out, you actually get more reward for throwing the bomber away than bringing it home successfully. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Weather_Man
11-04-2004, 02:25 PM
So, the scoring may need some work. But what purpose does a score serve, really? I've not played online in a while, but is the objective not to have fun? I think it is. Scores don't get in the way of that unless you let it.

BfHeFwMe
11-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Yank the fighters scores from them, and see how much they settle down and have fun. It takes some smart flying and hard work to bring down a carrier, much more than any fighter jock is going to invest, why no chance of a reward?

In the long term it's going to have results, already seeing some.

1. No effort by fighters to actually down a bomber, why should they, a simple tap will do to 'get that score', and we all know that's a none issue to them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

2. Bomber pilots bailing and throwing their planes away after the bombing or torpedo runs.

-That's going to have a huge impact on DF maps and missions where airframes are counted for victory. It will impact you fighter jocks with extra losses.

-Why bother flying the last half of the mission when you can bail at the line and fly twice the strikes with 500% higher score rates. Throw it away, far better off. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

TheJoyStick
11-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I fly bombers every now and then, and usually take some ordnance on my fighter just so i can smack a person on the ground before he gets off the ground..

Admins usually frown on that, but I laugh hysterically for quite a while. That's reward enough for me.

Rockets are by far the best thing in the game, though.. Especially German rockets with timeable fuses..

Taken down many a pansy KI-84 with a properly timed rocket.

@BfH guy - I am usually a fighter, and I <3 shooting down bombers cuz they explode pretty, and they're easy to shoot.. I've never let one "run away" and get a score later..

BSR_RuGGBuTT
11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheJoyStick:
and I <3 shooting down bombers cuz they explode pretty.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree w/you on that. Sometimes I have to leave the computer and get a tissue.......

Reaves_42
11-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I fly bombers more then any other craft (mainly because I like doing bomb runs, getting shot up and trying to land with one engine using flaps because i have no elevator controls...)
I'd have to say the score does irritate me. Many times I've struggled very hard to land a damaged plane only to see "Silencer_42 is killed by AA" or similar. It may just be my ego wants other people to know I landed safely, but nevertheless this should and I suspect will be fixed.

Athosd
11-04-2004, 07:04 PM
I'll be very surprised if the described scoring issue isn't addressed in the first patch.