PDA

View Full Version : transition animations?

acfan2007
06-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the boards and I've been following Assassin's Creed for a while now and I'm really looking forward to it. I just have a couple of questions. After watching the live stage video of the demo of AC at Gametrailers.com and seeing the sword fighting at the end, I noticed that transition animations when Altair is blocking with his sword and switches to face different directions aren't really there. I think it would rock if the devs added single arm blocking, from different angles like behind the back and over the shoulder, etc. I think it would really further the idea of Altair (or however you spell it) being a far more advanced swordsman than the average castle guards and other enemies. What do ya'll think? Feel free to comment.

Also, does anyone think we might see a demo sometime soon?

acfan2007
06-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the boards and I've been following Assassin's Creed for a while now and I'm really looking forward to it. I just have a couple of questions. After watching the live stage video of the demo of AC at Gametrailers.com and seeing the sword fighting at the end, I noticed that transition animations when Altair is blocking with his sword and switches to face different directions aren't really there. I think it would rock if the devs added single arm blocking, from different angles like behind the back and over the shoulder, etc. I think it would really further the idea of Altair (or however you spell it) being a far more advanced swordsman than the average castle guards and other enemies. What do ya'll think? Feel free to comment.

Also, does anyone think we might see a demo sometime soon?

sladevi
06-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I noticed that too, but when not watching super closely and in slow motion I didn't think it was really noticeable. At normal speed it just seemed like he was turning super fast which seems cool. That being said, it would probably look much cooler if they did what you suggest, but who knows if they'll do it.

As to the demo, make sure you've read the stickied all known information thread at the top of the forum, but I think current guesses put a release date at around September or late September which would put the demo something like a month before that? I think that's what people are guessing. And of course none of that is confirmed at all. I think they did mention in some of the recent interviews that there will be another live on-stage demo type thing at E3 though.

Pinjani10
06-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Sorry guys but the release has been pushed to November... that sucks! Now ill have to wait in line with the Halo ppl as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif