PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions...

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 05:35 PM
OK, I'm still quite a noob, I have been playing FB for about 3 weeks now. I got some unsolved problems:

Some time ago I so screenshots with lines or dashes which marked the path of bullets. This way you can see exactly where you hit the target. How to enable it?

I play only offline (I don't think I'm ready for online meatgrinder yet /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ).

It seems that AI does not overheat and blackout. This gives it and edge in combat...

I think some types are really overmodelled MS406,410, La7... Were they really that hot or is it just me?

how come that quantity of ammo on some planes (P40) is not symetric? On the end, just before you run outta it only one machinegun on left wing fires... strange.

Were the 7,9mm guns on Bf109E really that unefective? I cannot down I16 with them /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ...

Thnx...

regards, tt

regards, tt

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 05:35 PM
OK, I'm still quite a noob, I have been playing FB for about 3 weeks now. I got some unsolved problems:

Some time ago I so screenshots with lines or dashes which marked the path of bullets. This way you can see exactly where you hit the target. How to enable it?

I play only offline (I don't think I'm ready for online meatgrinder yet /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ).

It seems that AI does not overheat and blackout. This gives it and edge in combat...

I think some types are really overmodelled MS406,410, La7... Were they really that hot or is it just me?

how come that quantity of ammo on some planes (P40) is not symetric? On the end, just before you run outta it only one machinegun on left wing fires... strange.

Were the 7,9mm guns on Bf109E really that unefective? I cannot down I16 with them /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ...

Thnx...

regards, tt

regards, tt

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Are you saying your bullets don't have tracers? Not sure I understand your problem because they all have trails, enough so to assist guiding their course.

I don't think the AI does overheat or blackout and I also don't think they run out of ammo, at least some of the fighters. I'm able to comfortably fly the unpatched version and I enjoy their higher aggression.

Also, some of the a/c seem to be overmodeled. There's been plenty of discussion on it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 06:11 PM
AI run out of ammo, including AI gunners. arcadeace which AI aircraft you think have unlimited ammo? Let us know thanks this could be important for some missions if true.

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 06:12 PM
To see the bullet path, you have to enable "arcade" mode in the config file. it should say "arcade mode=0". You'll need to change it to "arcade mode=1".

As far as the 109 E weapons go, all I can say is practice, practice, practice. They will bring down anything if you hit them in the right place. They are certainly not as strong as some other weapons, but capable.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

Message Edited on 10/20/0306:15PM by Thunderbolt56

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 06:29 PM
-It seems that AI does not overheat and blackout. This gives it and edge in combat...

True I think. On the other hand, you can think better and plan ahead.

-I think some types are really overmodelled MS406,410, La7... Were they really that hot or is it just me?

That depends who you listen to :-) I agree the La7 seems a -hell of an aeroplane but I'm not qualified to say if it's hitorically accurate.

-how come that quantity of ammo on some planes (P40) is not symetric? On the end, just before you run outta it only one machinegun on left wing fires... strange.

Dunno - good question. Maybe as a way to warn you that ammo is about to run out?

-Were the 7,9mm guns on Bf109E really that unefective? I cannot down I16 with them ...

Again, a vexed issue, but many people, myself included, find the I16 surpridingly difficult to put down from 6 oc clock. You may have more luck with angled deflection shots but it ain't easy.

Good luck!

Message Edited on 10/20/0306:34PM by mikeyg007

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 06:34 PM
LEXX_Luthor wrote:
- AI run out of ammo, including AI gunners. arcadeace
- which AI aircraft you think have unlimited ammo? Let
- us know thanks this could be important for some
- missions if true.

Many times when the enemy AI is on my tail and I'm on the long ground-hugging rout to escape, just one fighter can hassle me (ad nauseum) with seemingly endless ammo. He can unload at least 2 to 3 times the standard capacity. I don't know if this is only because its the unpatched version.