PDA

View Full Version : Sword Animation Glitch

lukeman3000
11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I have noticed that with one particular animation, the sound of your sword impacting with the neck of a soldier is slightly ahead of the animation, significantly drawing from the immersion of the game.

It happens when you initiate a counter, and it seems to happen most frequently when you counter a strong attack (The ones where the soldiers really reel back their swords before they swing at you). When you counter a strong attack such as this, it opens the soldier up for attack, and if you hit x rapidly after countering such an attack, you will finish the soldier with a nice, animated kill, usually very satisfying. However, one in particular plays the sound of the sword impact slightly before it actually does impact with the solder.

Altair slams his sword into the side of the neck of a soldier, and then pulls it out, but it sounds like the attack when he quickly thrusts it through the stomach of a soldier and pulls it out. It seems as if they used the wrong sound effect lol.

I registered to these forums to report this bug; hopefully it will be fixed with an update. Otherwise, great game ubisoft. Montreal is the best studio as they make the odd numbered Splinter Cell games (double agent sucked).

Way to go Montreal, keep up the good work. I hope this game is indicative, at least vaguely, of what kind of combat we can expect to see in Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Also, please implement Sam's sneaking suit into the game at some point in time.

Thank you.

lukeman3000
11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I have noticed that with one particular animation, the sound of your sword impacting with the neck of a soldier is slightly ahead of the animation, significantly drawing from the immersion of the game.

It happens when you initiate a counter, and it seems to happen most frequently when you counter a strong attack (The ones where the soldiers really reel back their swords before they swing at you). When you counter a strong attack such as this, it opens the soldier up for attack, and if you hit x rapidly after countering such an attack, you will finish the soldier with a nice, animated kill, usually very satisfying. However, one in particular plays the sound of the sword impact slightly before it actually does impact with the solder.

Altair slams his sword into the side of the neck of a soldier, and then pulls it out, but it sounds like the attack when he quickly thrusts it through the stomach of a soldier and pulls it out. It seems as if they used the wrong sound effect lol.

I registered to these forums to report this bug; hopefully it will be fixed with an update. Otherwise, great game ubisoft. Montreal is the best studio as they make the odd numbered Splinter Cell games (double agent sucked).

Way to go Montreal, keep up the good work. I hope this game is indicative, at least vaguely, of what kind of combat we can expect to see in Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Also, please implement Sam's sneaking suit into the game at some point in time.

Thank you.