PDA

View Full Version : How the AUTOLEVEL key works???

MeNeFrego-KARL
01-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Hi to all,
i am a newbie and I am really Enjoing to learn how to do level bombing with the HE-111.

What concern me is the use of the AUTOLEVEL PILOT key, that should be used for the bombing run. What is strange for me is when I trim my bomber and I stabilize the flight path and then I press my binded "autolevel pilot" key on screen I see the words:
"Automaton Pilot On" but if I touch my joystick (even a bit) my plane does not really go straight but it can turn. Is this correct???

What really the Autolevel key does?
For autolevel must I to consider the levelling only for the pitch? Does not the key also works for the roll???

Thanks in advance for who will enlight me on the matter.

KARL.

MeNeFrego-KARL
01-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Hi to all,
i am a newbie and I am really Enjoing to learn how to do level bombing with the HE-111.

What concern me is the use of the AUTOLEVEL PILOT key, that should be used for the bombing run. What is strange for me is when I trim my bomber and I stabilize the flight path and then I press my binded "autolevel pilot" key on screen I see the words:
"Automaton Pilot On" but if I touch my joystick (even a bit) my plane does not really go straight but it can turn. Is this correct???

What really the Autolevel key does?
For autolevel must I to consider the levelling only for the pitch? Does not the key also works for the roll???

Thanks in advance for who will enlight me on the matter.

KARL.

Tully__
01-05-2005, 04:31 AM
The control you're using is the wrong one for holding wings level on bomb runs. You want the "Level Stabilizer" control about 7 or 8 down from the very top in the controls screen.

The "Toggle Level Autoplilot" key switches off and on the function when you move to another station in multicrew aircraft and your gunner or pilot autopilot controls automatically switch off when you switch to that position (giving you control of the weapon or flight controls) and on when you leave it.

WOLFMondo
01-05-2005, 04:37 AM
I think the default key is shift+X. Very handy also for getting in the tail or turret gunner position and shooting down persuers.

Tully__
01-05-2005, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
I think the default key is shift+X. Very handy also for getting in the tail or turret gunner position and shooting down persuers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no default for "Toggle Level Autopilot" or "Level Stabilizer". Almost all (maybe all?) controls added after the release of the original IL2 Sturmovik were not assigned default keys to avoid conflicting with any custom control assignments made by users of the original game who were transferring there settings.ini files to the new patch versions/games.

MeNeFrego-KARL
01-05-2005, 05:22 AM
Thank you very much for you help guys.
I thought something was wrong! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Happy Flying!

KARL

WOLFMondo
01-05-2005, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
I think the default key is shift+X. Very handy also for getting in the tail or turret gunner position and shooting down persuers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no default for "Toggle Level Autopilot" or "Level Stabilizer". Almost all (maybe all?) controls added after the release of the original IL2 Sturmovik were not assigned default keys to avoid conflicting with any custom control assignments made by users of the original game who were transferring there settings.ini files to the new patch versions/games. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats weird, I started using this level stabaliser the other week on the B25 (after it was pointed out to me) and I never assigned it a key, it already had a key assigned to it (Shift-X, I think, at work at the minute so cannot be 100% sure). This is also a fresh install with no settings left over from IL2, FB or Aces, completely clean.

PBNA-Boosher
01-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Beware of the level stabilizer though! If you don't correctly trim for level flight or keep the plane at cruise speed, your plane will either start climbing or diving.