PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Getting Rid of enemy at 6

IZT
11-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Please help im rather new to flying tactics...not to the game but to the moves...i've just started a USN career and find it really cool but i need to learn some air tactics and moves, like how to get rid of n enemy at my 6 oclcok, im gettting killed coz of this. please Help

Maple_Tiger
11-13-2004, 09:26 AM
You could try the Split S manuever. Quickly roll upside down and pull back on the joystick until you'r upside right again.

Yellonet
11-13-2004, 09:32 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=7881002142

Tater-SW-
11-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Don't let them get there in the first place, lol.

Seriously though, if you are early USN vs Zeros, try to attack from above, and keep your speed up. If they are on your six, dive away while in a gentle turn. Make sure you dive towards friendly aircraft, friendly ships with AAA, or towards an allied airfield. If you pull far enough ahaead, you can climb or reverse. You can use the radio to ask for help from your flight/wingman, but they better be close. If flying online, stick together with a wingman and cover each other. Regardless, take any shot you can at a zeke, if the fight scissors, use the head on passes to hit him.

tater

Fillmore
11-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Split-S is probably your best bet, but don't count on it.

The bottom line is this:

-If an enemy is on your 6 in guns range, it is too late for you, you have failed. Good luck.

-It is not your job to get an enemy off of your 6, that is what wingmen are for.

With some plane matchups there are particular moves that under the right circumstances will save your bacon (split-S, spiral climb, scissors and some others), but not all work with all plane matchups, and in fact most work only with a few matchups and with favourable starting conditions.

Particularly with USN planes your rear view is poor, and in the earlier years you have no significant performance advantage that will always clear your 6 quickly, so your best bet is not to enter combat in a way that would allow any enemies to get on your 6 in gun range.

Barring that, keep your speed high as that is a prime requisite for any of the defensive moves to work (Split-S will not get a zero off of you quick enough if you don't start from a moderately high speed to begin with). If you are fast enough a simple break turn followed by a half roll and another break will get a Zero off you (may not work against AI though).

path21
11-14-2004, 12:28 PM
I use a bit crazy tactic but it works. If i cant get rid of plane at 6, i wait him to get closer me and than i make really fast spin so that i lose control of my airplane. It slow my plane down and enemy thinks i will crash. When he pass by me I turn autopilot on. Autopilot makes my plane flyable again and than i shot down my enemy. It is a bit easy way:P

Nige_Reconman
11-14-2004, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by path21:
I use a bit crazy tactic but it works. If i cant get rid of plane at 6, i wait him to get closer me and than i make really fast spin so that i lose control of my airplane. It slow my plane down and enemy thinks i will crash. When he pass by me I turn autopilot on. Autopilot makes my plane flyable again and than i shot down my enemy. It is a bit easy way:P <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

crazy tactic, cheat same difference.

If he's on your 6 your in trouble regardless. A Split-S is a good way to attempt an escape - as long as you have altitude. If he's close behind and you don't havce a heap of altitude then you're in worse trouble - try to slow down and get him to overshoot you. A barrell roll can be effective in acheiving this.