PDA

View Full Version : A BIG Thank You

ritchiealan
04-30-2006, 10:00 AM
S!

The Boonty business is a pain in the backside, but not the end of the world as we know it!

My points.

1. A HUGE thankyou to those that have the knowledge and skills to easily and completely circumvent and eradicate said boonty stuff from our HDs. A couple of names spring to mind, being Luthier and 2005AD, but there are others and I thank you all gentlemen.

2. The problems that we perceive have been hoisted on us are nothing to do with 1C and I for one will go on supporting their products to thank them for their years of dedicated work and free patches to this community. Thank you Oleg, Maddox games and 1C.

3. At some level, I can understand UBIs point of view. Its their product and they need to protect it from piracy. Boonty is their current solution. Its pretty mild stuff and easily completely uninstalled after it does its job of downloading your paid for product. Thanks again to the guys in my point 1.

4. Finally, I actually enjoyed going through some mild hoops to get this download and eradicating the said boonty. Thanks again for the step by step process to the guys in point1! I'm pretty computer illiterate and I feel that I learn quite a lot by going through some of these processes. It gives me a minor warm fuzzy feeling! Wierd or what?

Thank you guys!

S! and regards to all.

ritchiealan
04-30-2006, 10:00 AM
S!

The Boonty business is a pain in the backside, but not the end of the world as we know it!

My points.

1. A HUGE thankyou to those that have the knowledge and skills to easily and completely circumvent and eradicate said boonty stuff from our HDs. A couple of names spring to mind, being Luthier and 2005AD, but there are others and I thank you all gentlemen.

2. The problems that we perceive have been hoisted on us are nothing to do with 1C and I for one will go on supporting their products to thank them for their years of dedicated work and free patches to this community. Thank you Oleg, Maddox games and 1C.

3. At some level, I can understand UBIs point of view. Its their product and they need to protect it from piracy. Boonty is their current solution. Its pretty mild stuff and easily completely uninstalled after it does its job of downloading your paid for product. Thanks again to the guys in my point 1.

4. Finally, I actually enjoyed going through some mild hoops to get this download and eradicating the said boonty. Thanks again for the step by step process to the guys in point1! I'm pretty computer illiterate and I feel that I learn quite a lot by going through some of these processes. It gives me a minor warm fuzzy feeling! Wierd or what?

Thank you guys!

S! and regards to all.