PDA

View Full Version : Got Kicked for altering files. but i didnt alter any files!

topeira
06-14-2007, 06:32 AM
i managed to get into a server where the server browser said i have 170 ping.
when i logged in it showed my ping to be 756! wtf?

not only that, after about a minute of playing i got disconnected (i thought it was something with the connection's fault) but a messege said that i have altered files and being kicked is to prevent cheating.

but i havent altered any files!! i haven't altered anything on my machine besides installing and uninstalling the Overlord demo (was boring. i would bother).

then i tried to log in another server and my server ilst was cut down to about 10 servers. huh??

why did this happen?

p.s. - no firewall is turned on.

ColinCJ
06-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry you are not getting in to all the servers.
Did you download the demo from the links provided by Ubisoft?? on the day of release.?

Some times if your server sends info to your system and it takes too long to get a responce you will get kicked, game altered files is not a fact of you altering your files. Just a flaw in the AT system.

I would if you still have problem is uninstall and redownload and reinsatll.
Make sure no trace of the folder is present.

topeira
06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
it was an annoying and weird day with graw2.

i played many many times this week and had almost no peorblems. today i couldnt connect to most of the servers i tried.
it's very strange...

i will keep trying tomorrow and i hope things will work fine again. maybe it aint my end's fault and it was, as u said conlinCJ, an AT fault (not sure what AT means).

i had a lot of bad server connections with very bad ping and therefore very bad gameplay experience. unplayable.

ColinCJ
06-14-2007, 05:31 PM
sorry mate I meant AC Anti Cheat

randyfoxx
06-14-2007, 05:38 PM
If you join a server that has altered files and the anti-cheat on, then it is possible that, since your files did not match the server's, you were kicked.

That would be my guess.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
06-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by topeira:
i managed to get into a server where the server browser said i have 170 ping.
when i logged in it showed my ping to be 756! wtf?

not only that, after about a minute of playing i got disconnected (i thought it was something with the connection's fault) but a messege said that i have altered files and being kicked is to prevent cheating.

but i havent altered any files!! i haven't altered anything on my machine besides installing and uninstalling the Overlord demo (was boring. i would bother).

then i tried to log in another server and my server ilst was cut down to about 10 servers. huh??

why did this happen?

p.s. - no firewall is turned on.

Overlord demo was fun, but had starforce installed on my machine. It took awhile to remove it manually.

topeira
06-15-2007, 01:43 AM
starforce on my machine?
oh god, get it off! get it off!!!

aaaah.

i didnt know starforce was a part of the overlord demo. why was SF installed with a demo?
i dont get it.

how do i deleted the remainings of SF?

ColinCJ
06-15-2007, 07:37 AM
http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55
The link is nearly at the bottom of the page.

topeira
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
thanks colinCJ.