PDA

View Full Version : Wierd problem when flying in some servers

jermin122
05-22-2008, 10:37 AM
My friend has set up a dedicated server and my connection to the server is pretty good. The ping is arround 50ms, and there isn't any packet loss. But I have encountered a wierd problem which other players didn't. The energy of my plane bleeds very fast. I can't speed up my plane like I do offline or in other servers. Although I push full throttle foward, I can only get 60~70% of full engine power offline or in other servers. Have you ever experienced this? And how did you solve it?

Xiolablu3
05-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Hmm thats a wierd problem mate, never heard of it before.

Are you sure you are not imagining it?

Try joining with a friend and flying side by side, then pushing the throttle forward togther.

Urufu_Shinjiro
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
What indication do you have that you are not producing as much power? Also could it have something to do with a different difficulty setting on the server than your offline settings?

VW-IceFire
05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Not heard of that happening ever.

How do you know you have less power and what are the server settings versus your own settings?

SlickStick
05-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Almost sounds prop pitch related. Maybe on one server they are using Complex Engine Management and the other isn't and you are not adjusting accordingly.

When this is happening, what does the HUD message on the right side of the screen say when your stick is at full throttle?

jermin122
05-22-2008, 10:22 PM
I was flying A9 in the server last night. I could feel the plane climbed slower than it did offline or in other servers. I could hardly even get beyond 300 km/h above 5000m even I flew in level. I have just test offline in the same map. I could easily accelerate to 400 km/h above 5000m. I will ask my friend to fly with me side by side to see whether it is just my or the server's problem.

M_Gunz
05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Do you get these problems on all other servers?
Try checking your offline difficulty settings and the settings of that server.

If you map throttle also to keys, even just the +/- 5% controls, it's something to try.

And maybe something you do with online connect and/or Winblows is 'lugging' your CPU?

Aaron_GT
05-24-2008, 05:05 AM
I'll move this to community help later. Some of the experts there might be able to shed some light on it.