PDA

View Full Version : I lock up when I try to use voice chat.

Moleculor
04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
When I hit G on the keyboard, the game freezes. (G is the voice chat key, btw.)

It doesn't happen EVERY time (sometimes it works fine), but IF it works fine, it works fine for as long as the game is running. If I quit and restart, it might not work the next time.

I've already filed a ticket with support, but they're currently spinning their wheels claiming I don't have my graphics card driver, sound card driver, or chipset driver up to date, despite the fact that I do, on all three, so while I wait for them to stop with the automated responses, I thought I'd ask in here:

Does anyone have any ideas on how I'd fix this?

Victoroos
04-06-2011, 12:22 PM
press G as soon as your games is launched (so In the main menu from MP)
that works for me.
The supprot doesn't know what the problem si, but they are aware of it.

Moleculor
04-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by victorjr:
press G as soon as your games is launched (so In the main menu from MP)
that works for me.
The supprot doesn't know what the problem si, but they are aware of it.

That just causes me to lock up in the main menu, sadly. So it doesn't work for me.

Can you show me how you know support knows about the issue? They've been giving me the run-around for about four days now, and have claimed three times that my drivers are out of date, despite me telling them the problem occurs with both the latest WHQL drivers, and both versions of the beta drivers for my graphics card.

Victoroos
04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
becasue gabe told me they know about it.
Teh solution si teh porblem.
Really, did it freeze your main menu?

hmm, do you have a seperate recording device &playback device??

Moleculor
04-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Nope. All of it goes through my soundcard.

Victoroos
04-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Moleculor:
Nope. All of it goes through my soundcard.
hmm, then I have no idea.
be sure that your device is selected as default record device in windows settings

Moleculor
04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh it is.

Thing is, voice chat works about 15% of the time. It's the 85% that keeps me from even trying it most days, since it requires a complete End Task and restart to get back into the game, and I'm not trying six times in a row just to get voice working.

Victoroos
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I understand that.
Almost no one use the ingame chat, so it's quiet useless ;D

Moleculor
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I suspect no one uses voice chat because it locks everyone up, or they don't know about it.

There are several game modes that pretty much require communication to be effective, and without voice chat, we have nothing, since there's no actual chat in game.